Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Abraham ......thanks, but no thanks, on going back to the Falcons « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#30 : May 07, 2013, 10:57:33 AM

you cant argue with the homers. Facts and accurate data means nothing to them.

I really don't get the anti-homer crusade

I mean... you're THAT GUY that gets pissed off when he sees somebody being too enthusiastic or optimistic about their sports club............ ON THE INTERNET?

Who do you think you're doing a favor?  Do you honestly think theres some band of guys out there that are saying to themselves "THANK YOU IGNEY, TELL THAT HOMER" when you put this kind of comment out there?  If you do, that's sad.  And if there are, that's even sadder

maybe its just me... but i figure most people have more serious things to get upset about in this life, so when you see a "homer"s optimistic viewpoint, its something more harmless and silly than it is something to be met with harsh words and ridicule...

by the way, I'm 24, not some old fart, but this kind of lack of relative camaraderie is just strange to me.  we're all bucs fans right? some of us cheer louder than others at the games, and same goes for here on the boards

you're not one of those that tell others to sit down and shut up during games are you?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 07, 2013, 11:02:17 AM

you cant argue with the homers. Facts and accurate data means nothing to them.

I really don't get the anti-homer crusade

I mean... you're THAT GUY that gets pissed off when he sees somebody being too enthusiastic or optimistic about their sports club............ ON THE INTERNET?

Who do you think you're doing a favor?  Do you honestly think theres some band of guys out there that are saying to themselves "THANK YOU IGNEY, TELL THAT HOMER" when you put this kind of comment out there?  If you do, that's sad.  And if there are, that's even sadder

maybe its just me... but i figure most people have more serious things to get upset about in this life, so when you see a "homer"s optimistic viewpoint, its something more harmless and silly than it is something to be met with harsh words and ridicule...

by the way, I'm 24, not some old fart, but this kind of lack of relative camaraderie is just strange to me.  we're all bucs fans right? some of us cheer louder than others at the games, and same goes for here on the boards

you're not one of those that tell others to sit down and shut up during games are you?

welcome to the Red Board kid . . good points made by you will fall on many deaf ears (or blind eyes) on this board.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 07, 2013, 11:05:30 AM

going to the  titans

to visit...at this stage of his career, why would he wanna sign with that crap team?

Rumor has it that they are in serious discussions. And the Titans aren't a bad team. They had a very good off-season that went under the radar and really improved their o-line.
I can see them getting a WC spot, especially if Locker steps it up.

u may be the only one

Are you serious?  The Titans went 9.7 and 6.10 the last two years. And they have a HOFer as their head coach.

Have you seen our record the last two years and do you know who our coach is?

The only people who think TB is a better place to play are the homers on this board. Reality is that a player with only a few years left to play doesn't want to deal with this toes on the line BS. Do you think Abrahams is going to bull rush the C on a kneel down play?

TB has become the last place free agents want to come.
lol

You sound like a scorned, bitter woman.

lol.... no doubt.

"TB has become the last place free agents want to come."..... hilarious!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 07, 2013, 11:16:26 AM

Would've rather had dumervil after the FAX incident, but Abraham would be a great addition.

It would give Bowers more time to just be a rotational guy, and we would have more time to see if Bowers could handle a whole season without getting injured. I'd rather work him into the lineup, than force him into 60% or more DE duties per game.

Him and MCoy on the line would seriously demand respect. If the Bucs were to sign him, I honestly don't know how (on paper) they could get much better on defense.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 07, 2013, 11:20:08 AM

I dont understand how the Bucs wouldnt be interested in bringing in a veteran. That line has had nobody to learn from and Abraham/Freeney have been around and have played in big games. They know how to get after it when they need to. Our guys have been consistently in last place in sacks for a while now. I dont know how they wouldnt at least entertain the option of bringing in one of these guys for a year.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 07, 2013, 11:37:36 AM

lolz

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 07, 2013, 11:42:07 AM

lolz

Yea Goldson really didnt want to come here. Schiano made him. Such a bully.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 07, 2013, 11:46:22 AM

I feel like the Bucs signed two All Pros and a Pro Bowler in the last two offseasons. I didn't make that up, right?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 07, 2013, 11:46:57 AM

Would've rather had dumervil after the FAX incident, but Abraham would be a great addition.

It would give Bowers more time to just be a rotational guy, and we would have more time to see if Bowers could handle a whole season without getting injured. I'd rather work him into the lineup, than force him into 60% or more DE duties per game.

Him and MCoy on the line would seriously demand respect. If the Bucs were to sign him, I honestly don't know how (on paper) they could get much better on defense.

Completely agree.

By the way, the Titans are going to **CENSORED**ing suck unless Chris Johnson magically has an AP-like season. My roommate is from Nashville and is a huge Titans fan and thinks they have pretty much zero hope.

So it's not like they had some amazing offseason like you're talking about.

I guess that settles it then. I had no idea your roommate thought they would suck.  ???

Where did I say they had a great offseason again?  I must be getting old. I can't remember ever saying anything about that?

Even though I disagree with pretty much everything you stated in this thread, I lol'd at the bold.

I also agree with the sentiment by several that if Locker has a good year, then the Titans can have a good year. They do have a pretty solid team.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 07, 2013, 11:10:24 PM

For the record my comment wasn't meant to lure Grimm out of his swamp, and I am deeply sorry it has.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Abraham ......thanks, but no thanks, on going back to the Falcons « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools