Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: J.P. PETERSON ON RONDE BARBER « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 07, 2013, 01:06:15 PM

Its not that I dont want Ronde back. Id be fine with it. I just feel hes lost a step or two. However I do think hes still able to make plays happen out there and I dont think its impossible for him to get to 50/30 club. And I also like the leadership he can bring too. I just feel like we can do better as far as production goes. One second makes a difference out there. I am worried he may have lost more of a step than last year and that wont cut it. However we can limit him so he doesnt get gassed out there and maximize what hes capaple of.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 07, 2013, 01:13:02 PM

veteran leadership!

As much as it saddens me to say. Revis and Goldson are the Veteran Leadership now. Ronde would have a very limited roll If he decides to come back.

It would bee better for him to retire than to come to camp and get cut because the younger guys beat him out. Bucs would probably allow him to retire in lieu of cutting him IMO if that happened in camp.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 07, 2013, 01:24:47 PM

I want Barber to start just for the sake of consecutive start streak to stay alive. Let him start for the first series and then limit his role after.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 07, 2013, 01:24:54 PM

veteran leadership!

As much as it saddens me to say. Revis and Goldson are the Veteran Leadership now. Ronde would have a very limited roll If he decides to come back.

I agree with this.. We went and got tough physical guys to play and lead in this secondary. That's not Ronde's game anymore. Lets give that spot to one of the young guys that's earned it. I would hate to have cut a young cat with a future who can learn from Revis who will ball out this year because he has to prove he's still the best and Goldson who is coming off an all pro season. Ronde has had plenty of time to mentor young DBs and we have yet to see the fruits of that labor.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 07, 2013, 01:47:42 PM

Ronde's versatility, low ego level, and willingness to take on any role with the Bucs makes him a keeper in my mind. Schiano/Dom already said they want him back. Works for me!

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 07, 2013, 02:47:42 PM

This thread should have vote option.

I would like to see him back. No fence sitting...that's one of my fave all time Bucs.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#36 : May 07, 2013, 03:05:33 PM

I love the way so many of you are so eager to throw Ronde under the bus. For example, last year when Ronde had all those high missed tackle numbers, some of you said 'Look, he can't tackle anymore.' Forget the fact that he would have had to make over 100 tackles (a huge number for a CB) to have not been in that category. But this year is similar: without any pressure, and let's not fool ourselves the Bucs had very little pressure last year, Ronde was left to do an impossible job. Take away Biggers and Talib and he's out there with the green rookie Barron and a bunch of guys off the street. And yet this guy who makes big plays every year, including another DPOW award, gets a 'Meh' from some of you. Well, he's got PLENTY left in the tank. PLENTY. He can't cover the 6-5 receivers, but then again if you watched him against Plaxico in 2002, he never really could. But this is not a MEH player.
Don't get me wrong. I'm dying to see Revis, glad we drafted Banks. But those of you ''tired'' of the annual Ronde decision can go jump in a lake. You're not loyal to anyone, don't know what you're watching, need a nickel to go buy a clue!
Am I easily irritated? Yes. Some of you will go to bat for an erratic quarterback, others for an oft-injured defensive tackle or erratic oft-injured offensive guard. I go to bat for a guy who's there every Sunday. He's not perfect, but MEH guys play for the Jaguars or Dolphins. Not No. 20 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
TELL EM

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 07, 2013, 03:46:50 PM

So just to review...

I love the way so many of you are so eager to throw Ronde under the bus. For example, last year when Ronde had all those high missed tackle numbers, some of you said 'Look, he can't tackle anymore.' Forget the fact that he would have had to make over 100 tackles (a huge number for a CB) to have not been in that category. But this year is similar: without any pressure, and let's not fool ourselves the Bucs had very little pressure last year, Ronde was left to do an impossible job. Take away Biggers and Talib and he's out there with the green rookie Barron and a bunch of guys off the street. And yet this guy who makes big plays every year, including another DPOW award, gets a 'Meh' from some of you. Well, he's got PLENTY left in the tank. PLENTY. He can't cover the 6-5 receivers, but then again if you watched him against Plaxico in 2002, he never really could. But this is not a MEH player.
Don't get me wrong. I'm dying to see Revis, glad we drafted Banks. But those of you ''tired'' of the annual Ronde decision can go jump in a lake. You're not loyal to anyone, don't know what you're watching, need a nickel to go buy a clue!
Am I easily irritated? Yes. Some of you will go to bat for an erratic quarterback, others for an oft-injured defensive tackle or erratic oft-injured offensive guard. I go to bat for a guy who's there every Sunday. He's not perfect, but MEH guys play for the Jaguars or Dolphins. Not No. 20 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Love it, jersey.
+100
I want the dude to come back so we can give him another ring, plain and simple
+1
PREACH!
What he said. Exactly.
+1
TELL EM

Seems like the post of the day belongs to JBF.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

#38 : May 07, 2013, 05:48:33 PM

I want to see him hit 30 sacks...... and get another ring!   :)

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#39 : May 07, 2013, 10:41:52 PM

i Welcome Him Back And Think He'll Shine Without All The Pressure On Him...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 07, 2013, 10:54:55 PM

Ronde's versatility, low ego level, and willingness to take on any role with the Bucs makes him a keeper in my mind.

Indefinitely? At what point do you cut the cord? I give Dominik major props for not letting heart cloud his better judgement.

-------------------------------------------------------

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 08, 2013, 09:09:18 AM

I don't care about personal stats.  I care about team stats.  Namely wins and losses.  Also wont feel bad for Barber either if he feels he is being pushed out.  The guy has accomplished everything he is going to accomplished as a football player.  Whether he gets into the HoF or not wont be because of 2013.  He has gotten to play 16 years, got a ring, made a crap load of money, still looks to have his health, and will never have to pay for a beer in his life.  Plus he will probably have some opportunities available to him after football.  Maybe broadcasting.  It's all good. 

youngone

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 08, 2013, 09:21:14 AM

Derrick Brooks never got the chance to hang on as long as he wanted to.. I'm just sayin'

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#43 : May 08, 2013, 09:33:52 AM

If he's ok with limited playing time then we should be able to keep him around instead of whoever else is taking up a spot at the bottom of 53.  If he can contribute let him play.  He was slow when he came into the league and he's slower now.  It's tribute that he could make it this long on smarts and heart.  We'll all miss him but at some point it's time to put him out to pasture.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 08, 2013, 09:39:38 AM

Derrick Brooks never got the chance to hang on as long as he wanted to.. I'm just sayin'

Couldn't agree more.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: J.P. PETERSON ON RONDE BARBER « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools