Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Negotiations with Mike Williams not going well? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
#60 : May 11, 2013, 10:49:58 PM

I don't think many folks are big on the idea of drafting a back up QB in the first three rounds.

I was.... and actually told Dbuc that "we're gonna take a QB right here and stir up some shlt" right before the pick happened. Thought it would be Barkley so that was kind of a shock but the pick pleased me big time.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#61 : May 12, 2013, 08:42:09 AM

. If Freeman fails this year and we move on, would we really move forward with Glennon as our starter? Or would be draft a QB in the 1st round next year when there are quite a few very good QB prospects? Seems to me it would make more sense to have waited until next year for a QB if Freeman fails, and instead used that 3rd round pick on an additional weapon for Freeman or the new QB we draft in 2014. I guess time will tell.
initially, i thought the same way.  but what if glennon is just the prospect that some of the 2014 guys are, just without the hype?  i think its entirely possible.  so instead of giving glennon a 3rd rounder this year, we might just give him a 1st round weapon next year. 

assuming of course that freeman flops.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#62 : May 12, 2013, 09:11:31 AM

Hype or no hype, Glennon does not compare to the QB class likely to come out next year.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#63 : May 12, 2013, 09:36:50 AM

I've got Glennon starting for the Bucs within 3 years... but my crystal ball isn't perfectly spherical.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#64 : May 12, 2013, 09:44:55 AM

I've got Glennon starting for the Bucs within 3 years... but my crystal ball isn't perfectly spherical.

Neither is a football.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#65 : May 12, 2013, 09:47:54 AM

I don't think many folks are big on the idea of drafting a back up QB in the first three rounds.

I was.... and actually told Dbuc that "we're gonna take a QB right here and stir up some shlt" right before the pick happened. Thought it would be Barkley so that was kind of a shock but the pick pleased me big time.
Glennon is a quiter backup...not a lot of hype, and a lot of the same measureables.

Drafting Barkley would have created a QB controversey from jump...and that wouldn't be what Dom or this team is willing to deal with right now.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#66 : May 12, 2013, 10:16:37 AM

Glennon is at the VERY least as good as Free at first glance to me. 'Difference is, Glennon's issues came mainly from his line and WR's. I wanna at LEAST see what he can do with the starters.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#67 : May 12, 2013, 10:34:28 AM

I might be reading too much into this, but here are a couple of his most recent tweets.

@Mikebuc19: If they do they do! If they don't they don't! Like my mom always say I'm a different breed PROVE THEM WROUNG!

@Mikebuc19: A million followers on twitter get you paid?
Mike is just a kid trying to negotiate against professionals. It is as if Mike is peddling as hard as he can but for some reason he cant catch up to the owners on ten speed bicycles because his little red tricycle can't catch up.
Hey Mike you just lost the negotiations with those tweets. I bet your agent is furious with you. In negotiations the loudest noise is often silence. Your latest tweets show you as a wanting man. Now the Glazers are going to wait you out for a better deal. Yes you will get some more money but not as much as you would have. SUCKER!!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#68 : May 12, 2013, 11:03:31 AM

Glennon is at the VERY least as good as Free at first glance to me.

Dude, you say some dumb sh!t. Seriously. Stop and think about what you are posting before you hit the post button.

I am not a huge Freeman fan anymore and everyone knows it, so don't get it twisted. I'm not sticking up for Freeman.....but look at what Freeman has accomplished in the NFL and then look at what Mike Glennon has done in the NFL. Then realize exactly how stupid it is to say Glennon at the very least is as good as Freeman.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#69 : May 12, 2013, 11:13:51 AM

They picked Glennon so if Freeman doesn't get re-signed then they have someone that will not be a rookie and isn't named Orlovsky stepping in.
Is he the final answer? No one knows right now, but at the very least we finally have a back up with a bit more potential than ol' Dan Orlovsky.
so we hope but doesn't always work out that way.  In fact it rarely does.  At one time the Lions thought Dan the Man might be the future. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#70 : May 12, 2013, 11:16:21 AM

All I know is if Freeman bombs, and we pass on a 1st round QB next year in order to give Glennon a chance....I'm gonna puke.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#71 : May 12, 2013, 11:18:29 AM

All I know is if Freeman bombs, and we pass on a 1st round QB next year in order to give Glennon a chance....I'm gonna puke.
Doubt it woul happen for many reasons. I know you know as much.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#72 : May 12, 2013, 11:21:49 AM

Honestly, I don't know what to think or expect.  I'm not really in tune with Schiano. Not that I don't like him, I just don't really know what to expect next with him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he passed on next year's crop of QBs to go with Glennon. I'd hate it, but nothing would surprise me anymore.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#73 : May 12, 2013, 11:26:10 AM

Honestly, I don't know what to think or expect.  I'm not really in tune with Schiano. Not that I don't like him, I just don't really know what to expect next with him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he passed on next year's crop of QBs to go with Glennon. I'd hate it, but nothing would surprise me anymore.
did o.   They wouldn't have used a 3rd on him if they didnt think he had starter potential IMO.  Now that would probably not end well for Schiano but it wouldn't shock me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#74 : May 12, 2013, 11:31:34 AM

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Negotiations with Mike Williams not going well? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools