Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS HAVE NO INTEREST IN ABRAHAM OR FREENEY « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#75 : May 08, 2013, 04:26:29 PM

To be clear, the first wo paragraphs were directed at you. While the third was more of a general statement to those that have implied such over last few days, and not directed at you.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#76 : May 08, 2013, 04:36:20 PM

To be clear, the first wo paragraphs were directed at you. While the third was more of a general statement to those that have implied such over last few days, and not directed at you.

Thats cool, but I must have missed where someone else said he player poorly last year too.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#77 : May 08, 2013, 06:10:14 PM

So what character concerns or team chemistry issuses does Freeney bring with him?  I don't know of anything but good things about him. 

m_j

Starter

#78 : May 08, 2013, 06:12:52 PM

well, i guess we all knew that. I would take Freeney any time, especially with zero pass rush we have, but let's see what Schiano plans to do there. he must have some sort of plan   :o

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#79 : May 08, 2013, 06:22:33 PM

It'd be nice to have someone on the roster who has actually produced at a high level in this league, but I think that the front office has a lot of faith in Bowers and Clayborn. I think that at least one of them will end up with 10+ sacks this year.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#80 : May 08, 2013, 09:04:18 PM

This is the one approach that I will never understand from this administration. They never seem willing to bring in upgrades over developmental players. In 2009 Dominik failed to acquire a DE in FA and the Bucs were 1 win away from the playoffs. Maybe a DE with a couple extra sacks turns the tide in one game. When McCoy goes down to injury 2 years in a row there isn't adequate depth and the Defense and seasons go down the tubes. The same thing with 2012 and the secondary and lack of quality depth.

I've always felt that sometimes you must bridge the gap until your deveolpmental players are ready. Not every rookie starts from day 1.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#81 : May 08, 2013, 09:30:11 PM

This is the one approach that I will never understand from this administration. They never seem willing to bring in upgrades over developmental players. In 2009 Dominik failed to acquire a DE in FA and the Bucs were 1 win away from the playoffs. Maybe a DE with a couple extra sacks turns the tide in one game. When McCoy goes down to injury 2 years in a row there isn't adequate depth and the Defense and seasons go down the tubes. The same thing with 2012 and the secondary and lack of quality depth.

I've always felt that sometimes you must bridge the gap until your deveolpmental players are ready. Not every rookie starts from day 1.

You talking about the offseason after the 2009 season? That would have been in the spring of 2010.

I agree somewhat with the overall point, though.

...and hopefully there is a DE that gets cut who has logged 100,000 charity hours and has nursed 12 kittens back to health in the last few years, that way he would be worthy to be a true B.M.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#82 : May 09, 2013, 05:10:09 AM

Lol

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#83 : May 09, 2013, 05:22:08 AM

The question is, "will Freeney or Abraham be willing to rush full out on kneel down plays"?   

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#84 : May 09, 2013, 05:30:17 AM

What I find interesting and what seems to be relevant point today because of the Revis trade , the Jets drafted Abraham with one of the Keyshawn picks we gave them.  Here he is all those years later still playing while Key gave us only a few years and has been retired for years.  Hope the Revis trade was worth it.
: May 09, 2013, 05:32:13 AM Skull and Bones

freddy

Hall of Famer
#85 : May 09, 2013, 10:28:46 AM

Very true, if the Bucs had signed a player then, that is the equivalent to Abraham now, they might have won one more game and they might have made it into the playoffs. To what end? Doubt the DE would have won us a playoff game. Heck the Bucs barely won a game against any decent team that year. And where would the Bucs be now? That DE would be long gone into retirement looking at 38 or 39. The Bucs still wouldn't have a DE now,  (according to some here, I think Bowers and Clayborn are the real deal) and even worse, a playoff appearance might have given Rah more life as a HC. Heck, Morris might still be the HC today had that happened. Lots of mights haves and whats ifs huh.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#86 : May 09, 2013, 10:37:51 AM

Very true, if the Bucs had signed a player then, that is the equivalent to Abraham now, they might have won one more game and they might have made it into the playoffs. To what end? Doubt the DE would have won us a playoff game. Heck the Bucs barely won a game against any decent team that year. And where would the Bucs be now? That DE would be long gone into retirement looking at 38 or 39. The Bucs still wouldn't have a DE now,  (according to some here, I think Bowers and Clayborn are the real deal) and even worse, a playoff appearance might have given Rah more life as a HC. Heck, Morris might still be the HC today had that happened. Lots of mights haves and whats ifs huh.

Also remeber in 2011 they had no back up running back to EG. A RB who could effectively run the ball and catch was extremely important but Dominik ignored the position and let Kregg Pumpkin take the job. If Bowers and Clayborn somehow get hurt again does anybody including Mark Dominik feel confident in Teo-Nesheim and some other scrub as the starters?? I dont understand.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#87 : May 09, 2013, 11:16:45 AM

........ If Bowers and Clayborn somehow get hurt again does anybody including Mark Dominik feel confident in Teo-Nesheim and some other scrub as the starters?? I dont understand.

Valid concern that no one is denying I think. But what I don't understand is how people want an injured, 35 year old, unwanted, me first DE looking for 5+ million as injury protection.  Again, if Abraham or Freeney are willing to be back-ups at less than 2m a year, I'm all for it.  But from what I understand, they want a starters position at starter money. No thanks.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#88 : May 09, 2013, 11:39:47 AM

........ If Bowers and Clayborn somehow get hurt again does anybody including Mark Dominik feel confident in Teo-Nesheim and some other scrub as the starters?? I dont understand.

Valid concern that no one is denying I think. But what I don't understand is how people want an injured, 35 year old, unwanted, me first DE looking for 5+ million as injury protection.  Again, if Abraham or Freeney are willing to be back-ups at less than 2m a year, I'm all for it.  But from what I understand, they want a starters position at starter money. No thanks.

Solid point but those guys couldnt have been the only guys who could have helped out. I mean out of the FA and draft choices we had, there was nobody we could have used to be a decent back up for Bowers and Clayborn? I just dont buy it. Hope the guys in the FO know what they are doing.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#89 : May 09, 2013, 12:14:53 PM

Solid point but those guys couldnt have been the only guys who could have helped out. I mean out of the FA and draft choices we had, there was nobody we could have used to be a decent back up for Bowers and Clayborn? I just dont buy it. Hope the guys in the FO know what they are doing.

Ahh, very true, I think depth at DE is a need and I wish we had done something about it. Actually the team did do something about it by drafting Means and Spence. Together with McCB, we very well may be plesantly suprised. I'm willing to at least give them a shot. Some people here simply want an established name no matter how old, how injured or at what price just because they have a name and did something yesterday. And you know what, if we go into TC and have DE troubles, I'd say the odds are good that Freeney or Abraham will still be in the unemployment line and available.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS HAVE NO INTEREST IN ABRAHAM OR FREENEY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools