Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RONDE BARBER RETIRING « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #75 : May 08, 2013, 10:27:59 PM »

It would be nice if someone could make a 10+ minute highlight reel of his career. There's so many small, but important plays here and there that I've forgotten about but would love to see. Sapp and Brooks needs one of those as well.

Great idea!

Or maybe a Top 20 plays for #20?

Thanks for the memories, Ronde!

Honestly 20 plays isn't enough. I want to see the smaller plays like last year where he got a TFL on a 3rd and 1 during an important moment of the game. Also he recognized a fake punt easily and shut it down before it ever had a chance. There's just so many of those small plays throughout his career that he's made. I think those are more interesting than his interception returns.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #76 : May 08, 2013, 10:59:45 PM »

:'( Good luck Ronde, we will miss you.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
« #77 : May 08, 2013, 11:40:01 PM »

does Ronde get underrated? I think so, very much so in fact. Does the NFL have one of those "top 10" for underrated players in NFL history? I think Ronde would have a notable mention on that kind of list.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #78 : May 09, 2013, 12:38:17 AM »

Haha I got under Prisco's skin. He swears up and down that Barber isn't a HOFer.

SoberInSac

Second String

« #79 : May 09, 2013, 12:43:41 AM »

I was just telling my wife as I looked over at my children, its official I am getting old. Number 20 is calling it quits, I can still remember thinking what the hell kind of name is Ronde when he was drafted. He has turned into one of my all time favorite players. The man was a class act period. To have had the pleasure of being a fan of the Bucs. I have had the joy of watching not only two of the best players to ever play the game but two of the best gentlemanin Barber and Brooks. Go Bucs and let's hope some of these young players will emulate the player and person Barber was and is a true class act.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #80 : May 09, 2013, 07:02:34 AM »

My fave Buc is retiring.

Kellen Winslow Jr. made it official ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #81 : May 09, 2013, 07:42:10 AM »

To bad, thought he would come back and be our primary nickel. I can understand why he wouldn't want to though. Great career!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #82 : May 09, 2013, 09:00:08 AM »

Read on Twitter that broadcasting is in his future as per his agent...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #83 : May 09, 2013, 09:56:22 AM »

One of the greatest CB's of all-time.  My favorite Buc.  Sad to see the end, but the day had to come eventually.  Thanks Ronde!

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #84 : May 09, 2013, 12:54:57 PM »

I'm a converted Ronde-to-HOF fan. I used to think he wasn't a HOF'er, just a very good player that played for a long time at a very good level. I converted when I realized that he basically played a new position, a CB/Safety/Linebacker hybrid and "sacrificed" playing the traditional CB role to do everything the defense needed him to do. He said it himself:

Barber became a fixture in the Tampa Two defense, tackling and covering receivers, sacking quarterbacks via the surprise blitz, and scoring 14 career regular-season return touchdowns. “You heard the argument, ‘Oh, he’s only a system guy. He can only do this,’” Barber told JP Peterson of TampaBaySportsCentral.com. “Well, in a defense that everybody started playing, I did it better than anybody else.”

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #85 : May 09, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »

I think hes HOF worthy. Getting to the 50-30 club would have guaranteed it but I still think he gets in.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #86 : May 09, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »

I think hes HOF worthy. Getting to the 50-30 club would have guaranteed it but I still think he gets in.

He's the only one in NFL history with 47 & 28... and that's not enough?   :o   :)

Supreme

Starter

« #87 : May 09, 2013, 01:42:28 PM »

Thought you guys might like this

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #88 : May 09, 2013, 01:47:33 PM »

I'm a converted Ronde-to-HOF fan. I used to think he wasn't a HOF'er, just a very good player that played for a long time at a very good level.

Barber became a fixture in the Tampa Two defense, tackling and covering receivers, sacking quarterbacks via the surprise blitz, and scoring 14 career regular-season return touchdowns. “You heard the argument, ‘Oh, he’s only a system guy. He can only do this,’” Barber told JP Peterson of TampaBaySportsCentral.com. “Well, in a defense that everybody started playing, I did it better than anybody else.”

This describes me to a T and I, too, saw the light and that quote describes him perfectly.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

flaitguy

Starter
« #89 : May 09, 2013, 01:51:31 PM »

He needs to come back as a coach.
  Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RONDE BARBER RETIRING « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools