Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I think everyone can agree that Barber « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 08, 2013, 10:18:39 PM

Last time I checked, barber was 20-20 (int/sack)...where is he at now?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 08, 2013, 11:20:15 PM

Selmon and Brooks in whichever order you wish. Then Barber and then Sapp.

I don't know how Selmon could be anything but first or second in any Bucs ranking.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

watson

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 09, 2013, 03:30:24 AM

#1 is Selmon.  Unlike Sapp, Brooks and Barber, he didn't play with other HOF players and he still was able to dominate games and be selected to multiple pro bowls and be the first Buc in the HOF.  It could be argued that both Sapp and Brooks redefined the roles their positions played for the defense.....and in some ways so did Barber.  Since Sapp has been selected as a HOFer I have him at #2.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 09, 2013, 05:23:52 AM

Surprised there are so many different answers.  All have been ranked by someone as first and all have been ranked fourth as well. 

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#19 : May 09, 2013, 05:25:32 AM

I don't know how Selmon could be anything but first or second in any Bucs ranking.

I'm too young to have seen that old geezer play.   You can't rank what you never saw.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#20 : May 09, 2013, 05:27:27 AM

Brooks
Sapp
Barber
Lynch
Selmon
Alstott

Those are your top 4?

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

tmac87

Starter
#21 : May 09, 2013, 05:40:18 AM

Last time I checked, barber was 20-20 (int/sack)...where is he at now?

47 and 28, respectively... He coulda made it the 50/30 club easy.

Even if you get off my island, Goldson and Barron are right there. You want to go across the middle and get tattooed, it is what it is. - Revis Isle

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 09, 2013, 05:40:52 AM

By no means am I suggesting he was the greatest Buc if all time but probably my favorite player to don the uniform was Hardy Nickerson.  Loved that guy when he was here.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 09, 2013, 08:39:16 AM

Selmon
Sapp
Brooks
Barber

in order of hall of fame appearance. i personally have brooks slightly higher than Sapp because he was so dangerous everywhere and was the captain of the defense but im giving the nod overall to Sapp because hes in the hall of fame first. they really are 1A and 1B in my book after selmon
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I think everyone can agree that Barber « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools