Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Luke Stocker Headed For Breakout Campaign « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : May 09, 2013, 12:01:30 AM »

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Luke Stocker Headed For Breakout Campaign

By David Levin

May 08, 2013 12:37 pm

When you look at Luke Stocker, you see an imposing sight. At 6'5" and 253 pounds, he looks like he could move mountains.

When you se the skills of the impressive tight end, you think of tight ends of the past that have been so important to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' offense.

Names like Jimmie Giles, Anthony Becht, Kellen Winslow and of course the last to man the position, Dallas Clark.

Now comes Stocker, who should be able to fill the void based on his look alone, which over the past two seasons has not translated to instant success.

The stats say it all -- 30 games played, 28 catches and one touchdown to his credit.

Can this be the year that Stocker puts it all together, becomes the force the Bucs hope he can be, and become the weapon in Greg Schiano's offense that frees up routes for receivers and running backs?

The Tampa Bay coaching staff is depending on it.

Could Stocker, for all his size and agility, be the man who is an extra blocker on an end sweep? Does he line up in the backfield as a lead blocker at the goal line? There are many ways to use Stocker in the offense. And with the erratic play of quarterback Josh Freeman, he could be the safety blanket this passer needs to become an above average talent in the NFL.

If success means anything about what might happen in 2013, Stocker showed improvement over the season toward the end, hauling in three passes for 50 yards. In the first two years of his pro career, Stocker has one touchdown for his efforts and hopes to improve on that if Tampa Bay is going to be a playoff contender.

When OTAs and training camp opens, Buccaneers fans will have a chance to see if the plan works. This team needs another spark on offense. The defense got better over the summer, Stocker could be part of the solution.

If the play of Stocker is anything close to what the Bucs have had in the past, then the success of this team could come from another offensive weapon, and this is a team that can afford to have another one in its arsenal.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/tampa-bay-buccaneers-luke-stocker-headed-for-breakout-campaign/22687/

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #1 : May 09, 2013, 02:34:42 AM »

He might be better served by setting lower goals.  Like beating out Crabtree for the starting job.  Before we start talking HOF for the guy.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #2 : May 09, 2013, 02:48:39 AM »

When you look at Luke Stocker, you see an imposing sight. At 6'5" and 253 pounds...

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=87967

"In fact, the Bucs’ third-year tight end has rocked up to 275 pounds this offseason with 'real weight and strength,' so said rockstar general manager Mark Dominik to host Justin Pawlowski on 98.7 FM this morning."

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

lowlife

Starter

« #3 : May 09, 2013, 05:15:27 AM »

Curious to see how he moves with 20 extra pounds on.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

« #4 : May 09, 2013, 05:24:27 AM »

Stocker is a stallion.   And I expect Freeman to do everything he can this year to ride that stallion.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #5 : May 09, 2013, 07:47:25 AM »

When you look at Luke Stocker, you see an imposing sight. At 6'5" and 253 pounds...

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=87967

"In fact, the Bucs’ third-year tight end has rocked up to 275 pounds this offseason with 'real weight and strength,' so said rockstar general manager Mark Dominik to host Justin Pawlowski on 98.7 FM this morning."

Wow, if this is true, he should look beastly. If he can't block the point of attack, he can't play TE for us. Hopefully he can still move.

I also agree, Mark Dominik is a rockstar.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #6 : May 09, 2013, 07:55:11 AM »

I doubt he's going to become more of a receiving threat at that weight. Should improve the run game, but with a 275lbs Stocker and Crabtree....it doesn't look like the TE position is going to factor in to our passing game.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #7 : May 09, 2013, 08:04:35 AM »

He couldn't separate from LBs at 253...

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 09, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »

Hopefully Stocker, Crabtree, Ogletree or Smith step up to be that 3rd receiving weapon, don't have a lot of faith in any of those guys.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #9 : May 09, 2013, 08:26:43 AM »

Hopefully Stocker, Crabtree, Ogletree or Smith step up to be that 3rd receiving weapon, don't have a lot of faith in any of those guys.

Our problem last year on offense, was that we couldn't maintain a consistent short to intermediate passing game, so we couldn't extend drives and eat up the clock. It's either big plays down field or nothing. Most of that is on Freeman imo, but we certainly haven't done anything to help him improve this year. I don't have faith in Stocker, Crabtree, Ogletree, or Smith either.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 09, 2013, 08:45:23 AM »

Our problem last year on offense, was that we couldn't maintain a consistent short to intermediate passing game, so we couldn't extend drives and eat up the clock. It's either big plays down field or nothing. Most of that is on Freeman imo, but we certainly haven't done anything to help him improve this year. I don't have faith in Stocker, Crabtree, Ogletree, or Smith either.

Smith is an interesting guy, if he's healthy maybe he can get back to his play of a few years ago. My guess is Martin probably catches about 20 more passes this year to pick up some of the slack.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 09, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »

Is Stocker officially taking the torch from Michael Clayton and Gaines Adams about how finally this season is going to be when he puts it all together?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

« #12 : May 09, 2013, 08:57:32 AM »

I'll believe it when I see it. Stocker is close to 275 pounds now. If he was slow before now he's gonna look like he's running underwater. I seriously doubt he'll be receiving this much hype when the season begins. Don't sleep on my boy Danny Noble dude was getting some pt early in the year and would have probably seen that rise later on if he didn't get hurt 4th game of the season.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #13 : May 09, 2013, 08:59:42 AM »

Stocker is a stallion.   And I expect Freeman to do everything he can this year to ride that stallion.

Riding stallions is one of Freeman's specialties...

supposedly

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #14 : May 09, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »

Sounds like Maurice Stovall offseason piece. He was posed for a breakout campaign 4 years in a row.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Luke Stocker Headed For Breakout Campaign « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools