Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFC South going 'light' at left tackle.....except for the Bucs. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 13, 2013, 08:40:52 AM

Penn will be on Biggest Loser in a few years.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 13, 2013, 10:27:05 AM

People may not be happy with Penn, but he's more than adequate. It's tough to find a LT with that kind of consistency. I'm worried about when his play declines. It's will be tough to replace him unless we get very lucky. I don't see Dominik ever drafting a LT in the first round, so I'm hoping that the pro scouts can really do their homework when it comes to finding a good starter at LT.

I think the problem is, he is not being paid as "more than adequate and consistant".

He makes a boatload of cash, I don't have the numbers in front of me, but IIRC he makes top 5 LT money.

He is 13th in terms of his salary in 2013 for OTs. All of the top 10 make $7mil+, while Penn is at $6.333mil. Most of those 12 tackles in front of him are LTs or were once LTs, but have moved to RT since signing...like Doug Free and possibly Brandon Albert.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BigSombrero1

Rookie

#17 : May 13, 2013, 11:44:25 AM

Man, I thought all this Penn hate was a short-lived fad.  I'm happy with Penn personally.  I think he's a bit underrated and he brings a fire to the team that is much needed.  Love his talent and love his intensity and as the article would suggest, it seems his conditioning issues are a thing of the past.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 13, 2013, 11:47:07 AM

I've been harsh on Penn in the past but I've accepted him for who he is and what he brings and he lives on as one of the better high dollar contracts Dominik has written.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 13, 2013, 11:51:31 AM

I've been harsh on Penn in the past but I've accepted him for who he is and what he brings and he lives on as one of the better high dollar contracts Dominik has written.

Agreed.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 13, 2013, 11:53:08 AM

Agreed.

+2

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 13, 2013, 11:56:00 AM

Agreed.
Holy flurkenschmidt!!!!!!!!!!!

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 13, 2013, 11:57:57 AM

When I really started watching football in the early 90s and started paying attention to such things a 300 OT was big.  Gruber was only 295. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFC South going 'light' at left tackle.....except for the Bucs. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools