Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of sub-.500 teams with playoff shot « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 09, 2013, 08:46:54 PM

He seems pretty confident the 2-14 Chiefs will be playoff bound.

I definitely see them competing for a wild card spot.

I don't have as much confidence in Alex Smith as some do.  What has he ever done in his 7 or 8 years in the league?  His best year was under Harbough, and now he is gone from there.  Dude has a 79 career QB rating.  Maybe he turns into Tom Brady under Big Andy, but I have my doubts.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 09, 2013, 08:54:13 PM

I don't have as much confidence in Alex Smith as some do.  What has he ever done in his 7 or 8 years in the league?  His best year was under Harbough, and now he is gone from there.  Dude has a 79 career QB rating.  Maybe he turns into Tom Brady under Big Andy, but I have my doubts.

I doubt Alex Smith does much. If the Cheifs play great Defense and run the hell out of the ball  keeping Alex Smith to around 20 passes a game think Smith will be fine, if Andy Reid wants to be a pass first team they are screwed.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 09, 2013, 08:56:49 PM

If he plays like he did the last season and a half, it should at least keep them completing. The have a pretty solid squad around him. They won't win a title or even a playoff game with Smith, but he will be so much better than Quinn/Cassel/etc.

I think Reid does a good job with that team this year.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 09, 2013, 08:59:37 PM

If he plays like he did the last season and a half, it should at least keep them completing. The have a pretty solid squad around him. They won't win a title or even a playoff game with Smith, but he will be so much better than Quinn/Cassel/etc.

The last season and a half is the Harbough effect.  He is really good with QB's. I can see them being improved, but playoffs?   PLAYOFFS ?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 09, 2013, 10:12:35 PM

From the NFL Media research team: The Buccaneers were the heartbreak kids in 2012, with seven of their nine losses coming by eight points or less. They had the lead in the fourth quarter in four of those games...

Soooo close.   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 10, 2013, 08:47:08 AM

The last season and a half is the Harbough effect.  He is really good with QB's. I can see them being improved, but playoffs?   PLAYOFFS ?

So will he now forget everything Harbaugh taught him? I don't know if I would put money on them going to the playoffs or anything, but even having an average QB will make them much more competitive than they were last year. Also, with the talent they have acquired over past few years and then getting, what should be, better coaching in 2013....All I'm saying is, I wouldn't be surprised if they grabbed a WC spot.
: May 10, 2013, 04:22:23 PM chace1986

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 10, 2013, 04:15:29 PM

If I was a betting man, I'd go with the Chiefs. They are loaded with talent, have a great new coaching staff and a new, solid game managing QB in Alex Smith. Plus they play in a weak division.

El Diablo

Starter

#22 : May 11, 2013, 08:34:07 AM

I think brees and Ryan get ballzy and try tossing it towards revis.

Both learn they aren't as good of QB's as they thought (they've had it easy w/the CB's in this division), and both first games against both teams will be a smack in their mouth.

The worst we could do is split those games. And the panthers don't even matter, as Cam wold screw up plenty against this improved secondary.

Brees is one of the best qbs I've ever seen. I hope his arm falls off again but the guy is a ninja. If they can run the ball at all and play better d they can win the whole thing. If he were our qb I would feel the same way about the bucs chances.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 11, 2013, 09:14:15 PM

So will he now forget everything Harbaugh taught him? I don't know if I would put money on them going to the playoffs or anything, but even having an average QB will make them much more competitive than they were last year. Also, with the talent they have acquired over past few years and then getting, what should be, better coaching in 2013....All I'm saying is, I wouldn't be surprised if they grabbed a WC spot.

Smith reminds me of the USC QB's that get all the love  coming out of there to the draft.  Then they fall flat on their face in the NFL.

Now I see in this thread people calling him, game manager, average QB, system QB.

Man... the dude was the #1 pick in the draft. I would think he would have a higher ceiling than average QB.

The Niners gambled on the dude, but a better choice would of been Aaron Rodgers.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 11, 2013, 10:10:44 PM

Of all those teams mentioned, I think the Dolphins, Rams, and Bucs will be leading the pack.

What are the Rams gonna be leading?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 11, 2013, 10:21:50 PM

Of all those teams mentioned, I think the Dolphins, Rams, and Bucs will be leading the pack.

What are the Rams gonna be leading?

Good coaching, and they had a good draft.  Some say they won outright the 2013 draft.

They added Tavon Austin, signed Jake Long. Have Bradford.

The only trouble is, they are in that tough NFC West.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 11, 2013, 10:27:16 PM

I'n curious to see what the Rams do with Austin and Bailey next year. Might take a little bit for everything to click, but I think it could be exciting to watch.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 11, 2013, 10:31:52 PM

No one is debating the fact that he has underachieved on an epic scale.  As of now, though, he represents a definite upgrade at the QB position, and if he plays at around the same level that he has the last few years, that team should be competitive.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 11, 2013, 10:34:22 PM

which equates to no shot... regardless of their division record last year.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 11, 2013, 10:38:20 PM

which equates to no shot... regardless of their division record last year.

I wouldn't say no chance. 49ers and Seahawks are one QB injury away from being nothing special. Never know what will happen. Also, Rams did beat the 49ers once and tied them the other game last year. They beat the Seahawks once last year too. Overall the Rams were 4-1-1 in their division. The gap between them might not be as big as you think.
: May 11, 2013, 10:42:49 PM JDouble

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of sub-.500 teams with playoff shot « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools