Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS HAVE NO INTEREST IN ABRAHAM OR FREENEY « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#90 : May 09, 2013, 12:19:28 PM

........ If Bowers and Clayborn somehow get hurt again does anybody including Mark Dominik feel confident in Teo-Nesheim and some other scrub as the starters?? I dont understand.

Valid concern that no one is denying I think. But what I don't understand is how people want an injured, 35 year old, unwanted, me first DE looking for 5+ million as injury protection.  Again, if Abraham or Freeney are willing to be back-ups at less than 2m a year, I'm all for it.  But from what I understand, they want a starters position at starter money. No thanks.

Solid point but those guys couldnt have been the only guys who could have helped out. I mean out of the FA and draft choices we had, there was nobody we could have used to be a decent back up for Bowers and Clayborn? I just dont buy it. Hope the guys in the FO know what they are doing.

Ahh, very true, I think depth at DE is a need and I wish we had done something about it. Actually the team did do something about it by drafting Means and Spence. Together with McCB, we very well may be plesantly suprised. I'm willing to at least give them a shot. Some people here simply want an established name no matter how old, how injured or at what price just because they have a name and did something yesterday. And you know what, if we go into TC and have DE troubles, I'd say the odds are good that Freeney or Abraham will still be in the unemployment line and available.

Yea we cant say they did nothing because they did draft two DEs this draft. People want the "established" name because they have been there and done it before. Like many have said that doesnt always mean the right fit. If Freeney and Abraham are still available during camp then something must be wrong with them and I could see why no team would want them. The hope right now is that Means or Gholston impress in camp and take a hold of that #3 DE spot but does anybody expect that to happen? I dont but I hope to be proven wrong. Hopefully our coaches can figure out a way these guys can help us get after the QB this season.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#91 : May 11, 2013, 09:41:07 AM

Hopefully this means they're going after Israel Idonije. Seriously our pass rush and defensive line depth is troubling

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#92 : May 11, 2013, 10:28:43 AM

Hopefully this means they're going after Israel Idonije. Seriously our pass rush and defensive line depth is troubling
he would seem to fit the bill...but i wouldnt hold your breath.  fans hate not having guys with past production, but it doesnt mean they cant do a job.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#93 : May 11, 2013, 10:47:39 AM

That it is.

I'm down with I.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#94 : May 11, 2013, 11:52:09 AM

I still think the Bucs will stay with what they have and develop it.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS HAVE NO INTEREST IN ABRAHAM OR FREENEY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools