Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best defense in the NFC South? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Csmooth30

Practice Squad

#45 : May 12, 2013, 07:47:53 PM

Tampa Bay probably has the most talent overall but Carolina could challenge that status.

Johnson /  Star / Edwards / Hardy

Davis / Kuechly / Beason

Best front 7 in the NFC South!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#46 : May 12, 2013, 08:09:50 PM

Mention Barron , and Chace's dumb ass show up like clock-work to naysay , lol.

Every time.

ouch!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

spurzo

Second String

#47 : May 12, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

WR and TE's are gonna get sick of being smashed by Barron and Goldson every time they touch the ball.  Truly intimidating safeties mess with skill position players heads.  Can't wait.   

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#48 : May 12, 2013, 08:25:11 PM

Every time.

ouch!!

Lol. Seems the board clown is still butt hurt. It's known that Doloris tends to follow around those who have owned that little punk ass with his random sniper shots...Biggs, jdub, boid, myself. Oh so butt hurt.

Hope Doloris has at least crawled out of his mom's basement today and went up to tell her "happy mother's day".

Back to your dancing, board jester.
: May 12, 2013, 08:27:14 PM chace1986

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#49 : May 12, 2013, 08:29:28 PM

LOL. Chace mad.... notice he didn't deny his witch hunt against Mark Barron . Coward.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#50 : May 12, 2013, 08:45:31 PM

Bucs can have the best Defense. Barron will show solid play this year with Revis and Goldson.Bowers is the full time DE and not rushing from DT. I'm worried about Clayborn who didn't show much when healthy, but he started slow his rookie year. A lot of excitement surrounding this defense. I say Tampa is the surprise of the league.

They have some nice pieces but the scheme worries me.  I would say the weakest link on the D is Sheridan.
sheridan is just a flunky.  It's Schiano's Defense.  Should be more worried about the college coach.

I was hoping Rex got canned after last season, and they offered him the DC job.  But I guess we are stuck with what we have now.  If Sheridan falters, I hope they don't wait to long to pull the trigger, and give Wannstadt  the job.

Same here...but I doubt they would have done so given the difficulties that come along with switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#51 : May 12, 2013, 08:49:06 PM

Every time.

ouch!!

Lol. Seems the board clown is still butt hurt. It's known that Doloris tends to follow around those who have owned that little punk ass with his random sniper shots...Biggs, jdub, boid, myself. Oh so butt hurt.

Hope Doloris has at least crawled out of his mom's basement today and went up to tell her "happy mother's day".

Back to your dancing, board jester.

oh my!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#52 : May 12, 2013, 08:58:28 PM

some of you guys treat forum discussion like battling in a coliseum arena

I guess I can get crazy also, mostly when someone is being blatant with their hate.

Any non troll can see Barron had a decent year (FOR A ROOKIE). I think people got spoiled with Lavonte, and Dougs play they just sorta assumed Barron should of been at their level. I'm totally a Barron fan tho. Guy showed some upper-level play at times last year. He is for real in the box/run support, and is a big time hitter(they tend to create fumbles, and intimidate the middle) These things any non troll would admit. To believe in the player you have to believe he can improve his passD awareness etc. This'll be his second year, one of his DB coaches happens to be the head coach, he's playing behind Revis, beside Goldson. Eric Wright for the whole year, new award winning CB rookie........ The point is any non troll would believe that yes Barron has a great chance to be much better this year almost on default.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#53 : May 12, 2013, 09:16:19 PM

"People who agree with me, non-trolls."
"People who disagree with me, trolls."

;)

Since I got dragged into the convo about Barron...I had zero issue with anything said about Barron in this thread.

As far as Barron's play. I think he was average last year. Plenty of good plays, plenty of missteps. He had a problem with missed tackles, but seemed to clean that issue up at then end of the year. He was average when in zone coverage while back in 2 deep coverage. Where he struggle was in man to man situations with TEs. That is what concerns me the most. So yes, for a rookie, it wasn't a bad year, but he will need to play better...which is certainly possible.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#54 : May 12, 2013, 09:26:16 PM

;)

Since I got dragged into the convo about Barron...I had zero issue with anything said about Barron in this thread.

As far as Barron's play. I think he was average last year. Plenty of good plays, plenty of missteps. He had a problem with missed tackles, but seemed to clean that issue up at then end of the year. He was average when in zone coverage while back in 2 deep coverage. Where he struggle was in man to man situations with TEs. That is what concerns me the most. So yes, for a rookie, it wasn't a bad year, but he will need to play better...which is certainly possible.

The draft slot has something to do with it. Its not like he was the 32nd pick in the first.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#55 : May 12, 2013, 09:30:34 PM

Bucs can have the best Defense. Barron will show solid play this year with Revis and Goldson.Bowers is the full time DE and not rushing from DT. I'm worried about Clayborn who didn't show much when healthy, but he started slow his rookie year. A lot of excitement surrounding this defense. I say Tampa is the surprise of the league.

They have some nice pieces but the scheme worries me.  I would say the weakest link on the D is Sheridan.
sheridan is just a flunky.  It's Schiano's Defense.  Should be more worried about the college coach.

I was hoping Rex got canned after last season, and they offered him the DC job.  But I guess we are stuck with what we have now.  If Sheridan falters, I hope they don't wait to long to pull the trigger, and give Wannstadt  the job.

Same here...but I doubt they would have done so given the difficulties that come along with switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

Rex runs sort of a hybryd 3-4.  Mixed in is a lot of 4-3, 46, 3-3-5.. 

I think that is what makes him a good DC.  You never know what the hell he is going to throw at you as far as D goes.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#56 : May 12, 2013, 09:38:36 PM

;)

The draft slot has something to do with it. Its not like he was the 32nd pick in the first.

Are you speaking in regards to how people judge his play? If so, sure, that has a little to do with it. Personally, I just don't submit to the thought that he played like a "baller", when it was certainly not the case. Big hits resonate with some more than others, I suppose.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#57 : May 12, 2013, 09:58:47 PM

;)

Are you speaking in regards to how people judge his play? If so, sure, that has a little to do with it. Personally, I just don't submit to the thought that he played like a "baller", when it was certainly not the case. Big hits resonate with some more than others, I suppose.

No that is my point, you pick a guy #7, he should be a full time starter and produce at a high level.

But having said that, I will give him another season to see how it works out,  with him playing along side 2 Pro Bowl guys. and a high draft pick.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#58 : May 12, 2013, 10:15:44 PM

;)

No that is my point, you pick a guy #7, he should be a full time starter and produce at a high level.

But having said that, I will give him another season to see how it works out,  with him playing along side 2 Pro Bowl guys. and a high draft pick.

I agree.

Having better talent around him will certainly be a benefit to a degree, but he will still have moments where he will have m2m coverage or have a primary coverage duty. Hopefully those vets and new coaching help him progress.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#59 : May 12, 2013, 10:16:34 PM

some of you guys treat forum discussion like battling in a coliseum arena

I guess I can get crazy also, mostly when someone is being blatant with their hate.

Any non troll can see Barron had a decent year (FOR A ROOKIE). I think people got spoiled with Lavonte, and Dougs play they just sorta assumed Barron should of been at their level. I'm totally a Barron fan tho. Guy showed some upper-level play at times last year. He is for real in the box/run support, and is a big time hitter(they tend to create fumbles, and intimidate the middle) These things any non troll would admit. To believe in the player you have to believe he can improve his passD awareness etc. This'll be his second year, one of his DB coaches happens to be the head coach, he's playing behind Revis, beside Goldson. Eric Wright for the whole year, new award winning CB rookie........ The point is any non troll would believe that yes Barron has a great chance to be much better this year almost on default.

+1 on Chace being a troll.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best defense in the NFC South? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools