Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best defense in the NFC South? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 10, 2013, 08:21:48 PM

Right now we are the paper champions. No defense in the division has as much talent. On paper anyway.

I would have to give ATL the advantage on coaching. Mike Nolan is a great D coordinator. While we will have to wait and see if our scheme is going to work with the huge player upgrades we have made. Nolan could walk into any team in the NFL and instantly make their defense better. He's a great coach IMO. I'd love to see the Bucs give him a shot sometime in the future.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

ingey1968

Starter

#16 : May 10, 2013, 09:55:19 PM

I would have to agree with that. Not much of a head coach but i kind of view him like a do Norv Turner. not much of a head coach but a great cord.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 11, 2013, 05:56:13 AM

Nolan is IMO the best DC in the division and that matters a lot. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 11, 2013, 09:31:34 AM

as its mentioned...i think on paper we are pretty darn good.  now just gotta stay healthy and see it on the field.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 11, 2013, 08:08:11 PM

Most talented is arguably the bucs ...

Best defense in the south?  To be determined.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 11, 2013, 08:23:51 PM

And we have Wanny on stand by, if things don't work out for Sheridan.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 11, 2013, 08:49:48 PM

So that's another "Falcons" answer, I assume...

Lol

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 11, 2013, 09:01:41 PM

Lol

Well....I don't have the confidence in Sheridan some people here do.  I would have liked to see them give Wannstadt [sp?] the DC job right off the bat. And that could still happen if we started out the season giving up 40-50 points every game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 11, 2013, 09:02:18 PM

Disagree on Atlanta's Safeties being on par with ours. Goldson is light years better than DeCoud. William Moore is a good player, but Barron has loads more talent.

Babineaux is one of the most underrated players in the league IMO. He does a great job winning his match ups. Outside of him, no one in their front 7 really concerns me. Weatherspoon is solid, but overrated. David is much more talented.

I like Trufant, and think he will be solid quickly, and Samuels is good but is hitting an age where his ability to cover outside could fall off big any time any game.

Light years better might be a stretch. DeCoud does suck against the run, but against the pass, Goldson isn't much better.

William Moore at this moment, is a lot better than Barron. Sure, Barron has promise/potential...but that means nothing until he fullfils that promise. So in a year ot two, Barron very well might be better than Moore, but not in 2013.

William Moore's first 2 years were very non-descript. Nobody noticed because he was a 2nd round pick.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 11, 2013, 09:07:15 PM

Lol

Well....I don't have the confidence in Sheridan some people here do.  I would have liked to see them give Wannstadt [sp?] the DC job right off the bat. And that could still happen if we started out the season giving up 40-50 points every game.

Agreed. Sheridan won't be here much longer, IMO.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 11, 2013, 09:18:29 PM

Lol

Agreed. Sheridan won't be here much longer, IMO.

He gets a lot of props for that great run D last season. But I would think any DC could stop the run at a high level, if they threw 90% of their resources at it.  A better balanced D is much more impressive IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 11, 2013, 09:45:00 PM

Disagree on Atlanta's Safeties being on par with ours. Goldson is light years better than DeCoud. William Moore is a good player, but Barron has loads more talent.

Babineaux is one of the most underrated players in the league IMO. He does a great job winning his match ups. Outside of him, no one in their front 7 really concerns me. Weatherspoon is solid, but overrated. David is much more talented.

I like Trufant, and think he will be solid quickly, and Samuels is good but is hitting an age where his ability to cover outside could fall off big any time any game.

Light years better might be a stretch. DeCoud does suck against the run, but against the pass, Goldson isn't much better.

William Moore at this moment, is a lot better than Barron. Sure, Barron has promise/potential...but that means nothing until he fullfils that promise. So in a year ot two, Barron very well might be better than Moore, but not in 2013.

William Moore's first 2 years were very non-descript. Nobody noticed because he was a 2nd round pick.

May very well be true, but that has little to do with who is better of the two as of 5/11/13.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 11, 2013, 10:05:17 PM

Bucs can have the best Defense. Barron will show solid play this year with Revis and Goldson.Bowers is the full time DE and not rushing from DT. I'm worried about Clayborn who didn't show much when healthy, but he started slow his rookie year. A lot of excitement surrounding this defense. I say Tampa is the surprise of the league. 

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#28 : May 12, 2013, 12:26:51 PM

There's a lot of optimism in this thread for a Bucs board.  I like it!  Move over I'm jumping on this bandwagon.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 12, 2013, 12:33:13 PM

Gist of the article is spot on.   Any of the 4 teams could be the best or worst.  Should be an interesting season.  But since there is no clear cut superior defense I think it will come down to who has the better offense.  Unfortunately I think we rank 3rd in that regard .  Tough division. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best defense in the NFC South? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools