Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who needs to step up and fill Ronde's leadership void ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 10, 2013, 11:54:42 AM

Players as leaders is overrated .

Name a team in NFL history who won a Super Bowl and had less leadership than this current Bucs team has.

Who said the Bucs are without leadership?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 10, 2013, 12:13:10 PM

McCoy actually has to do something first
Legit ProBowler, top 100 player, central piece in the #1 rush defense... That's not something?

Pro-Bowl and top 100 are based on opinion, which is influenced by his draft status and him running in front of every camera and microphone.

I can say he was a central piece in being #29 in sacks which was part of the reason for being #32 in pass defense.

9.5 sacks in 3 years is nothing. People on here act like he gets every year.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 10, 2013, 12:21:05 PM

We have the same amount of guys with a "C" on their chest as every other team. 

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 10, 2013, 12:33:37 PM

This is true.  Maybe he could have sent Freeman a post card from Hawaii.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 10, 2013, 12:37:53 PM

I loved Barber but he was on the field when the team laid down at the ends of the last three fired coaches tenures.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 10, 2013, 12:41:09 PM

id say most of our team will share it...revis, goldson, foster, david, mccoy, clayborn, bowers...penn, nicks, joseph, vjax and maybe even freeman.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 10, 2013, 01:20:39 PM

I loved Barber but he was on the field when the team laid down at the ends of the last three fired coaches tenures.

+1. I like the guy too but I don't recall him lighting any fire in the personnel on the field.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#22 : May 10, 2013, 01:25:00 PM

That's a steaming pile right there.
Tony tied himself to the millstone known as Mike Schula and pushed it into Tampa Bay. Monte was the one that boned Gruden and Raheem did the consurmate job in boning himself.

DerekPHFD

Rookie

#23 : May 10, 2013, 01:32:47 PM

GMac, David, Revis, and Goldson.
A mix of talent, smarts, charisma, and on the field production (albeit small sample sizes from GMac and David)

Hopefully the can perform and lead like what we had at DT, OLB, CB, and S during late 90s early 2000s teams.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 10, 2013, 01:36:04 PM

Bucs have a nice nucleus of young guys that have been leaders on their college football teams

Obviously I expect Joseph, Jackson, McCoy and Revis to be leaders. But there is one key guy who needs to step up his communication and leadership with teammates is Freeman. That's my biggest knock on the guy, he needs to put a fire under his ass

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 10, 2013, 01:38:13 PM

McCoy and revis on defense.

McCoy because he's a top draft pick, probowler, and has been on the team longer (which sounds crazy when I say it), and revis because his talent level and expectations.

On offense it's VJ or freeman.

VJ because a lot of players look up to him, and he has some major talent, and freeman because he's the franchise record setter in a lot of catigories.

Both freeman and McCoy need to step up, get angry, and be vocal. Much too silly/apathetic for my taste. I don't want them to be "ray Lewis" crazy, but it would be nice if they pumped up their team from game to game.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 10, 2013, 01:57:39 PM

Strong hypocricy from you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 10, 2013, 02:01:51 PM

Boom !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 10, 2013, 02:58:18 PM

You're right.  You know quality players when you see them.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 10, 2013, 03:10:05 PM

There's no reason it HAS to be any particular player. Leadership starts with taking personal responsibility in front of anyone on the subject of their team; his teammates, the media, whatever.
     On defense, it seemed to be Lavonte David last year, which is absolutely fine; doesn't HAVE to be McCoy.
     On offense, it's much less clear how it will play out. The QB position is often the guy, but it could be an O'lineman or RB. Josh obviously struggles with that with media.
WR is tricky, as they are typically so far to one side or the other. It needs to be a player visible to everyone on the field, IMO...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who needs to step up and fill Ronde's leadership void ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools