Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who needs to step up and fill Ronde's leadership void ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 10, 2013, 03:36:52 PM

Bassfisher: that's an impossible question to answer since none of us are in any of these locker rooms,  and there is no way to rank the level of "leadership" per team anyways...

Completely agree. I'd like to think the players would follow the lead of a Vjax, Davin, Nicks, McCoy, Revis, Goldson. Hell, Dougie & David could very well emerge.

-------------------------------------------------------

lowlife

Starter
#31 : May 10, 2013, 03:38:22 PM

McCoy and revis on defense.

McCoy because he's a top draft pick, probowler, and has been on the team longer (which sounds crazy when I say it), and revis because his talent level and expectations.

On offense it's VJ or freeman.

VJ because a lot of players look up to him, and he has some major talent, and freeman because he's the franchise record setter in a lot of catigories.

Both freeman and McCoy need to step up, get angry, and be vocal. Much too silly/apathetic for my taste. I don't want them to be "ray Lewis" crazy, but it would be nice if they pumped up their team from game to game.

How does Penn get overlooked? About as fiery and charismatic as any player in the league. I think he is the obvious leader on the offense followed by Jackson and Freeman,

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 10, 2013, 03:50:55 PM

Good point. He did seem to very quickly buy into Schiano's MO last season. All he needed was a little push once he got here and Schiano wouldn't let him practice until he got in better shape with a private workout...

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 10, 2013, 04:22:53 PM

You're right.  You know quality players when you see them.

Can anyone translate hypocrisy into English for me?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 10, 2013, 04:54:48 PM

This is true.  All players selected to the Pro Bowl deserve the be there, specifically Offensive Linemen.  Jeff Saturday agrees.

I'm sure it's a wild coincidence that Penn and Joseph were sent to Pro Bowl after your boy Dominik overpaid both of them.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 10, 2013, 06:37:42 PM

This is true.  All players selected to the Pro Bowl deserve the be there, specifically Offensive Linemen.  Jeff Saturday agrees.

I'm sure it's a wild coincidence that Penn and Joseph were sent to Pro Bowl after your boy Dominik overpaid both of them.

The popularity bowl means nothing. Ask The 2008 probowl which featured 13 Dallas Cowboys, including the great Ken Hamlin, Roy Williams, Terrence Newman, Andre Gurode, Leonard Davis, Flozell "deaf in one ear" Adams, and Greg Ellis.

#elite.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 10, 2013, 06:45:07 PM

McCoy and revis on defense.

McCoy because he's a top draft pick, probowler, and has been on the team longer (which sounds crazy when I say it), and revis because his talent level and expectations.

On offense it's VJ or freeman.

VJ because a lot of players look up to him, and he has some major talent, and freeman because he's the franchise record setter in a lot of catigories.

Both freeman and McCoy need to step up, get angry, and be vocal. Much too silly/apathetic for my taste. I don't want them to be "ray Lewis" crazy, but it would be nice if they pumped up their team from game to game.

How does Penn get overlooked? About as fiery and charismatic as any player in the league. I think he is the obvious leader on the offense followed by Jackson and Freeman,

Penn gets overlooked because he can't stay away from the buffet, when JAllen wants to rule him, he can, and butt-blocking isn't exactly making him look like leader either.

Seriously though, Penn, IMO, is a good runner up because of the time he's spent here and good play over the years. It's just that I can't overlook the value of a QB being a real leader. A great QB can will his team to wins, all Penn can do is support the OL in that aspect. And I can't exactly say a guy named "muscle hamster" is any kind of "leader, so obviously the next cog in the machine is VJ.

I had to force myself to remember, we're not talking about the best players, we're talking about who should lead the team on the field (although, VJ is the Optimus Prime of the Nfcs). Being that VJ has a ton of NFL experiance against defenses, and how he has committed himself to the team, and fans/Tampa area, it's completely justifiable that he have a leader type roll.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#37 : May 11, 2013, 07:30:35 AM

Penn lost all my respect after that Jared Allen incident.   First Penn cheap shots Allen for no reason.  Allen gets pissed and goes after Penn.  Penn goes ballistic calling Allen a **CENSORED** and such.   If Penn was a great lineman, he would have dominated Allen on the next play.   But what happened?   Allen killed Penn and sacked the hell out of Freeman.   Can you see Anthony Munoz giving up a play like that?   Not likely.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 11, 2013, 08:19:30 AM

What did Allen do the rest of that game ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#39 : May 11, 2013, 08:31:07 AM

Im really pumped about the way Dom & Co. built up this team. They were all young guys UNTIL they felt they had a strong enough core to go out and spend their money. Now we have one of the most talented teams in the NFL and 95% of our team is under the age of 30.

We have leaders in almost every position in the game:
-Josh Freeman
-Doug Martin
-V-Jax
-Carl Nicks
-Davin Joseph
-Donald Penn
-Gerald Mccoy
-Lavonte David
-Mason Foster
-Darrelle Revis
-Dashon Goldson
-Adam Hayward

(Mike Williams, Adrian Clayborn, Daquan Bowers)

Now the Bucs just need to keep their core from escaping in FA. We have to resign a LOT of young players I am just happy we have enough cap to get it done. That is why we shouldnt be spending 5 Mill on Mike Bennett because thats 5 Mill less we can spend on our other players. It might seem like a little but when we have to give Free 10-13 Mill/ YR and we have 3 Mill left to spend when we could've had 8 and the ability to resign a few more young players.
\

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 11, 2013, 08:35:38 AM

But was Ronde really that vocal leader type?  I don't think so - at least not in my opinion.  He was the nice guy that lead by example (on and off the field) and could be a teacher, but not a kick you in your arse and hold you accountable.  I put Brooks as that type too.  We already have a couple of those types on the roster - maybe not at the same talent level, but good roll models and examples for other players.

The leadership role that I want to see someone step into was Sapp's.  We haven't had it a really long time!  A guy that has no problem grabbing another by the facemask and telling them to step up or sit on the sideline.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#41 : May 11, 2013, 08:50:00 AM

Doesn't matter.   That one play was the play that defined whether Penn was great or not.   Both players fired up at their peak.   Penn failed miserably.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#42 : May 11, 2013, 09:14:41 AM

Doesn't matter.   That one play was the play that defined whether Penn was great or not.   Both players fired up at their peak.   Penn failed miserably.

Seriously? What i rememeber from that play was our 'great all pro' LG C Nicks lying on his back. If just this play matters, cut Nicks.
Kinda pointless to discuss how great those new leaders are anyway, Ronde wasn't great anymore the last few season...if he ever was great.

I never considered Ronde a vocal leader, if anything he lead by example, showing the new guys how much work it needs to play in the NFL. I think its smart by him to NOT try to become a coach/teacher, he is more of a lone wolf.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 11, 2013, 09:27:41 AM

Penn lost all my respect after that Jared Allen incident.   First Penn cheap shots Allen for no reason.  Allen gets pissed and goes after Penn.  Penn goes ballistic calling Allen a **CENSORED** and such.   If Penn was a great lineman, he would have dominated Allen on the next play.   But what happened?   Allen killed Penn and sacked the hell out of Freeman.   Can you see Anthony Munoz giving up a play like that?   Not likely.

: May 11, 2013, 09:29:56 AM JC5100

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 11, 2013, 09:31:45 AM

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who's posting as assfisher.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who needs to step up and fill Ronde's leadership void ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools