Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rate Ronde.... on the Top 10 Buccaneers of all time list ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 12, 2013, 05:48:01 PM

1. Sapp
2. Brooks
3. Selmon
4. Barber
5. Rice
6. Lynch
7. Nickerson
8. Alstott
9. Gruber
10. Wilder

Not bad.  I could live with that.  I would maybe swap Hardy for Lynch in the 7 hole.

I'm def on board with that. Wish Dunn had never bolted for Atlanta. He would've made that top 10 for sure.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 12, 2013, 05:53:33 PM

Wish Dunn had never bolted for Atlanta. He would've made that top 10 for sure.

Agreed with that. I still would want to put him higher than Alstott (though neither in the top ten).

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 12, 2013, 05:58:54 PM

1. Sapp
2. Brooks
3. Selmon
4. Barber
5. Rice
6. Lynch
7. Nickerson
8. Alstott
9. Gruber
10. Wilder

Not bad.  I could live with that.  I would maybe swap Hardy for Lynch in the 7 hole.

I'm def on board with that. Wish Dunn had never bolted for Atlanta. He would've made that top 10 for sure.

Love Brooks, but we will never see another Warren. I think he deserves the #1 spot.  I actually appreciate Warren more now, than when he played.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 12, 2013, 06:01:31 PM

I think Brooks was better at his position than Sapp was at his (though they were both obviously amazing). Sapp's position is more important, but Brooks did it at a high level longer.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 12, 2013, 06:05:25 PM

Love Brooks, but we will never see another Warren. I think he deserves the #1 spot.  I actually appreciate Warren more now, than when he played.

Great minds think alike..... i couldn't agree more!!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 12, 2013, 06:05:59 PM

I think Brooks was better at his position than Sapp was at his (though they were both obviously amazing). Sapp's position is more important, but Brooks did it at a high level longer.

Well, it is quite possible we could find another Brooks.  We may even have one on the roster right now.

Find another Warren?   Not likely.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 12, 2013, 06:06:20 PM

we can debate this endlessly

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 12, 2013, 06:07:40 PM

Well, it is quite possible we could find another Brooks.  We may even have one on the roster right now.

Brooks himself said, and i agree, that David was better in year 1 than he was.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 12, 2013, 06:13:56 PM

That is who I am referring to.  But I want to hold off on coronating him just yet.  I have seen too many sophomore slumps to get overconfident on any player.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 12, 2013, 06:20:24 PM

That is who I am referring to.  But I want to hold off on coronating him just yet.  I have seen too many sophomore slumps to get overconfident on any player.

I knew you were...and i agree. Hope he lives up to the expectations that some of us have for him.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 12, 2013, 07:11:34 PM

And Warren Sapp said Derrick Brooks was the best player. :)

Either way, they were both awesome and all time greats. David having a great year doesn't diminish Derrick Brooks.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 12, 2013, 07:24:17 PM

David having a great year doesn't diminish Derrick Brooks.

no one typed that

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 12, 2013, 07:34:42 PM

no one typed that

It's clearly the implication in the post below, that Sapp was better because the Bucs may have found someone as good as Brooks whereas no Sapp replacement has been found.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 12, 2013, 07:42:51 PM

no one typed that

It's clearly the implication in the post below, that Sapp was better because the Bucs may have found someone as good as Brooks whereas no Sapp replacement has been found.

Brooks was great, I would just have Sapp #1, Brooks #2.

And I still say it would be harder to find another Sapp than Brooks.  That is in no way diminishing Brooks. Just a different skill set.  Look at the draft every year.  If there is a killer DL, and a killer LB, who goes first?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 12, 2013, 07:43:22 PM

I'm pretty sure the Anti J can type for himself and i await his response but i took his post as it would easier to find another Brooks than another Sapp regardless of whether David was here or not. Hell, GMs have been lookin for the next Sapp since he hit hit prime. There are a few LBs playing right now that would give Brooks a run for his money.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rate Ronde.... on the Top 10 Buccaneers of all time list ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools