Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams looking for Stevie Johnson money........five-year, $36.25 million « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#225 : May 20, 2013, 10:26:07 PM

Thought so.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#226 : May 21, 2013, 09:29:16 AM

He will get between 8-9 million per, IMO.  Just a guess.  And I wouldn't be angry,like I was with Quincy Black's stupid re-up, or MC80's ridiculous deal (I dare you to question the resigning...ba ha ha!)...TD19 is worth it.  He is a playmaker who fits the rhyme and reason of Josh Freemans unpredictable throws.  He might actually benefit from having a QB like Free, who has been known to overshoot his target on more than fifteen occasions.  Guy has major vert.

I think you're a bit high on the yearly number.  In the original post, Schefter's tweet is quoted as stating that they are looking for a Stevie Johnson contract.  That contract is just a tad over $7M (average) per year.  I don't think an average of $8M is even being discussed.  Also, when you look at Johnson's breakdown, the only reason he's even averaging just over $7M is because of the $8.5M signing bonus.  The guy's base pay is never higher than $6M.  His first year he got a $4M+ bonus and got a signing bonus.  He got $12M of the whole thing up front.  Based on Dominik's track record, I think he gives Williams a 5 year / $35M deal that looks quite identical to Johnson's... just a tad less though.  Thinking instead of the $12M+ up front bonus money, he'll get about $8M.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#227 : May 21, 2013, 10:40:03 AM

I have to see Dom do it first.

In the past his vet resigns have been downright awful and stupid. So I bank a tad on the high side. And in a few years, what was looked at as an overpay, will level out.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#228 : May 21, 2013, 10:51:30 AM

That's fair I believe.

Said Mike & his agent....and NO ONE ELSE!

8 million, every year, for the next 3 years... for a #2 ?!

Worth it! He's not a #2. He's a #1 that plays #2.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#229 : May 21, 2013, 11:12:33 AM

Who knows how long VJack will be balling for too. We need Mike for whenever that happens. Cant be too long down the road.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#230 : June 05, 2013, 08:40:52 AM

anyone heard anything more on MW's contract negotiations?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#231 : June 05, 2013, 10:39:27 AM

I have to see Dom do it first.

In the past his vet resigns have been downright awful and stupid. So I bank a tad on the high side. And in a few years, what was looked at as an overpay, will level out.

Like trueblood, Grimm, Wright, Barber, Miller, Bennett, Hayward. Hmm...

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#232 : June 06, 2013, 02:06:11 AM

anyone heard anything more on MW's contract negotiations?

At least he is participating in OTA's. That is a good sign.

Both Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz are holding out of Giants OTA's last I heard.  And I believe Matt Forte is holding out.

So its good Mike is here, those holdout situations can get real ugly, real quick. Vincent Jackson held out in the  2010 season, and ended up not signing until game 10.  He finished the season with 14 receptions for 248 yards.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#233 : June 06, 2013, 07:17:36 AM

Mike would be dumb to hold out during negotiations , Not a sign of good faith.  Now if the sides stop talking , that's a different story.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#234 : June 06, 2013, 06:12:12 PM

A smarter move this offseason would have been to pay a GOOD SLOT WR (Amendola) $6 million, keep Williams at his current salary (honor your contract son).

Then, we'd have 3 stud WRs rolling into 2013-- instead of 2-- at a smaller cost than extending Williams...

Where's Steve "the answer" Smith now??

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#235 : June 06, 2013, 08:37:12 PM

Wait...and they're having second-thoughts about giving him this kind of money? Yet they gave that **CENSORED** Clayton 5m/year with no problem?

They gave Michael Clayton his $5 mil back when they were the low spenders of the NFL and cap was not even an issue with the Bucs.

and.....?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#236 : June 06, 2013, 10:26:36 PM

A smarter move this offseason would have been to....

Draft Stedman Bailey in the 3rd round instead of Napoleon Dynamite.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#237 : June 06, 2013, 10:33:46 PM

A smarter move this offseason would have been to....

Draft Stedman Bailey in the 3rd round instead of Napoleon Dynamite.

ouch!  :o  ;D

I'm going to that Bucs/Rams game in December...

gone

Hall of Famer
#238 : June 07, 2013, 12:05:24 AM

A smarter move this offseason would have been to pay a GOOD SLOT WR (Amendola) $6 million, keep Williams at his current salary (honor your contract son).

Then, we'd have 3 stud WRs rolling into 2013-- instead of 2-- at a smaller cost than extending Williams...

And then what about after 2013?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#239 : June 07, 2013, 01:30:50 AM

And then what about after 2013?

That is very short sighted IMO.  Then after the 2013 season, Mike would be a free agent.   Then it would take even more cash to sign him. Or he could say F-you and test the free agent market. And no doubt some team would break the bank on him.   If he resigns in the next month or so, its beneficial to both Mike and the team.  The team locks him up for reasonable dollars. And Mike doesn't have to sweat getting a career ending injury just before he hits free agency.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams looking for Stevie Johnson money........five-year, $36.25 million « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools