Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams looking for Stevie Johnson money........five-year, $36.25 million « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18

ingey1968

Starter

#45 : May 11, 2013, 08:16:01 PM

We should be glad that he doesn't have his head up his ass like Percy Harvin expecting top WR money.
are you implying he is as good as Harvin in your view?

Reading comprehension much?

At least Bob doesn't have up his ass and expects a raise like George.

Therefore I'm implying Bob is as good as George? Wut.

Harvin is a top wr. So stands to reason he would want top wr money. . Why would Williams want it when he clearly isnt one. just a FYI, no such word as wut
Back on topic, Williams is worth 5 mill all day long so they need to get that done

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#46 : May 11, 2013, 08:20:31 PM

Pay the man, he has earned it.  Him and his wife just had a baby, dude has settled down, and lets keep him around for the forseeable future.  He produces and stays out of trouble, what more can you ask for?

He is a lot safer bet than throwing money at guys like Talib, Wright, Tanard.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#47 : May 11, 2013, 08:20:32 PM

We should be glad that he doesn't have his head up his ass like Percy Harvin expecting top WR money.

Harvin is a top wr. So stands to reason he would want top wr money. . Why would Williams want it when he clearly isnt one. just a FYI, no such word as wut
Back on topic, Williams is worth 5 mill all day long so they need to get that done
Percy Harvin is not a top WR. That dude probably isn't even in the top 15.. He's just paid like it.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#48 : May 11, 2013, 08:24:28 PM

Something that you have to take into consideration is that a $7 - $8 million dollar deal is almost like a $9 - $10 million dollar deal because he will be making so much more in 2013 than he would on his rookie contract. Sounds like a fair point for William's side to start negotiating.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#49 : May 11, 2013, 09:33:00 PM

It will end up being around 5 YR/ 32 Mill when it all goes down. Bucs want to give 6, Will wants 7. Not a big difference. It should easily be resolved

creamsicles

Starter
#50 : May 11, 2013, 11:41:13 PM

7 mil is too much... i want MW to get his money... but not that level.  I'm not a big Stevie fan, but he has put up his numbers as the #1 option.... very different than at #2 and Mike has shown his best performance as a #2, isn't that right Alvin Harper?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#51 : May 12, 2013, 02:03:28 AM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wut

English is an evolving language and the internet has facilitated that process to an even faster rate. Don't get upset with me because you can't keep up ;)

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#52 : May 12, 2013, 03:36:42 AM

I don't like it, and was hoping for it to be lower, but it would still be worth it.

Trouble is, you pay him, and then maybe freeman next season...someone else will have to go soon after.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucsman90

Rookie
#53 : May 12, 2013, 06:34:34 AM

The deal is probably hinging on guaranteed money and not yearly amount per year. Dom likes to keep the guar. $$ money down. Also probably trying to put multiple loop holes into Mike Williams contract as well.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#54 : May 12, 2013, 07:45:40 AM

I don't like it, and was hoping for it to be lower, but it would still be worth it.

Trouble is, you pay him, and then maybe freeman next season...someone else will have to go soon after.
Someone like Davin, Penn, Koenon.. We could weather those losses.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#55 : May 12, 2013, 08:01:25 AM

I think they will pay Mike 6-7 million a year. However I do not think the Bucs intend to agree to a contract until closer to camp. I think they are keeping pressure on mike at this point to get the best deal possible and to make sure Mike does not party to much with his new money before this season.
Mike will get his contract just not right now

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#56 : May 12, 2013, 09:18:07 AM

I think if Mike doesn't resign with us, and has another year like he has had for the first three years of his career, he'll easily be able to make $8M+ for some other team.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#57 : May 12, 2013, 09:31:57 AM

Pay da Man!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#58 : May 12, 2013, 09:42:35 AM

He's our Chris Carter . Lock him up.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#59 : May 12, 2013, 09:51:52 AM

I'd rather pay Williams than Free, Joseph or Penn.
He's a big reason VJax had such a good year. Some don't see it that way, but MW creates coverage problems too.
Consummate Buccaneer Man who has exceeded all expectations.
Pay him.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams looking for Stevie Johnson money........five-year, $36.25 million « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools