Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams looking for Stevie Johnson money........five-year, $36.25 million « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#210 : May 20, 2013, 11:43:33 AM

I think Mike will be very anxious to make $6M or $7M this season instead of his scheduled $500K....which will help move things along and get the deal done.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#211 : May 20, 2013, 01:46:57 PM

I think Mike will be very anxious to make $6M or $7M $5M or $6M this season instead of his scheduled $500K....which will help move things along and get the deal done.

fixed it

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#212 : May 20, 2013, 02:02:34 PM

I think Mike will be very anxious to make $6M or $7M $5M or $6M this season instead of his scheduled $500K....which will help move things along and get the deal done.

fixed it

Yeah, I'm with you.  I think JDub is of the mindset that Williams will get about $8-9M (avg) per season.  I think he'll make about $1.5-$2M less than that.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#213 : May 20, 2013, 02:06:41 PM

fixed it

Yeah, I'm with you.  I think JDub is of the mindset that Williams will get about $8-9M (avg) per season.  I think he'll make about $1.5-$2M less than that.

I JUST said 6 to 7 in the quoted post above.....so why do you think I'm in the mindset of 8 to 9? Just cause?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#214 : May 20, 2013, 03:25:43 PM

fixed it

I JUST said 6 to 7 in the quoted post above.....so why do you think I'm in the mindset of 8 to 9? Just cause?

Probably because... not too many pages ago, you said the following:

So as Mike Williams agent, I am pointing at this list and and I'm comparing Mike's stats compared to these guys, and I am coming to the conclusion that Mike is near the top of this list and deserves $9M to$10M per year...maybe more. The Market gets to dictate Mike's value, not the Bucs. So if we can resign him to a long term deal that averages $8M per year or less.....we should jump on it. Vincent Jackson is great, but he is 30 years old and likely only a short term answer.

I've said all along that he should get about $6-$7M and you've been arguing with me that that number was too low.  Heck, just last page you said...

I'm pretty certain his new contract will include a restructure to give him more money this season, but I think your numbers are off a bit. Probably going to average closer to $7.5M or $8M per year.

LOL... you should be Williams' agent.  Williams isn't even asking for $7.5M!!!  Stevie Johnson money equates to an average of $7.25M.  We all know how negotiations work.  If he wants $7.25M, he'll probably settle for $6.75M (which seems about right to me).

Make up your mind... should he get about $6-$7M, $7.5-$8M or $9-$10M?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#215 : May 20, 2013, 03:32:41 PM

I think he'll end up getting a contract that averages around $7.5M per year.

I think he is worth more than that, and could get more if he played out the year and hit FA in 2014. Another year like 2010 and 2012 would probably get him a long term contract with a $9M to $10M per year average.

As I said...in the post you quoted.....I think he'll be very anxious to restructure and extend in order to get $6M to $7M instead of $500k this year, so we'll probably end up getting a good deal due to his impatience. Probably something like....

2013 - $6M
2014 - $4.5M
2015 - $7.5M
2016 - $9.5M
2017 - $10.5M

Which, including this restructured 2013 year, is 5 years / $38M ($7.6M average) with the first 3 years ($18M) fully guaranteed.
: May 20, 2013, 03:40:15 PM JDouble

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#216 : May 20, 2013, 03:39:58 PM

I think he'll end up getting a contract that averages around $7.5M per year.

I think he is worth more than that, and could get more if he played out the year and hit FA in 2014. Another year like 2010 and 2012 would probably get him a long term contract with a $9M to $10M per year average.

As I said...in the post you quoted.....I think he'll be very anxious to restructure and extend in order to get $6M to $7M instead of $500k this year, so we'll probably end up getting a good deal due to his impatience.

So, instead of the last 5 or 6 pages of debating we had, you could have just said in one post: "TBay, I agree with you that he'll probably get somewhere between $6-$7M, possibly a tad more just to get it done.  Though I disagree with you on his worth.  Where you think that he's worth that $6-$7M, I think he's worth about $9M."

... and we'd have been done with it?   :)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#217 : May 20, 2013, 03:45:28 PM

I pretty much did. You just take things out of context. Like above you quoted and bolded only a certain part of my sentence. I never said I think Mike should get $10M per year from us. I said if I was his agent I would argue that he deserves that much after looking at the list of comparable receivers that signed contracts lately. There is a difference.

I haven't been arguing over his price tag much. What I have been arguing is the ridiculous comments about guys like Sidney Rice and Pierre Garcon being on a whole different level than Mike. How could I not comment on something so blatantly false?

: May 20, 2013, 03:47:26 PM JDouble

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#218 : May 20, 2013, 04:49:05 PM

I pretty much did. You just take things out of context. Like above you quoted and bolded only a certain part of my sentence. I never said I think Mike should get $10M per year from us. I said if I was his agent I would argue that he deserves that much after looking at the list of comparable receivers that signed contracts lately. There is a difference.

I haven't been arguing over his price tag much. What I have been arguing is the ridiculous comments about guys like Sidney Rice and Pierre Garcon being on a whole different level than Mike. How could I not comment on something so blatantly false?

I just remember saying he should get slightly less than Stevie Johnson because Johnson is a low end #1 and Williams is a high end #2... you told me that was non-sense.  Being beat out slightly by Johnson isn't a bad thing.  Johnson is a solid receiver.  As the only real receiving weapon and having a QB who is one of the worst in the league and still putting up numbers better than Williams should be a sign that he is in fact better than Williams.  Look, I get the "Homer" aspect and I can understand wanting to pimp your guy just because he is your guy, but you don't need to trash or under-rate someone else who can back up his performance statistically.

With respect to Rice and Garcon, I will say this... it's not "blatantly false".  Seattle and Washington both felt that those guys had the talent level to be paid that much.  You can disagree with them, but it doesn't make them wrong and you right.  That's just the way it is.  You'll have to let it play out.  In my opinion, if Rice and Garcon stay healthy, both will have better seasons that Williams because they're better players.  Now, of course they may not, but again, teams are paying based on what they think the player will do... not what you think the player will do.  To call them wrong before things are all said and done is a bit ignorant.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#219 : May 20, 2013, 04:53:32 PM

He will get between 8-9 million per, IMO.  Just a guess.  And I wouldn't be angry,like I was with Quincy Black's stupid re-up, or MC80's ridiculous deal (I dare you to question the resigning...ba ha ha!)...TD19 is worth it.  He is a playmaker who fits the rhyme and reason of Josh Freemans unpredictable throws.  He might actually benefit from having a QB like Free, who has been known to overshoot his target on more than fifteen occasions.  Guy has major vert.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#220 : May 20, 2013, 06:36:06 PM

He will get between 8-9 million per, IMO.  Just a guess.  And I wouldn't be angry,like I was with Quincy Black's stupid re-up, or MC80's ridiculous deal (I dare you to question the resigning...ba ha ha!)...TD19 is worth it.  He is a playmaker who fits the rhyme and reason of Josh Freemans unpredictable throws.  He might actually benefit from having a QB like Free, who has been known to overshoot his target on more than fifteen occasions.  Guy has major vert.
So let me see if I understand what your saying here.  You think that having a QB with accuracy issues may help a WR?  That's a little hard to swallow.  On the other hand MW is the perfect WR for #5 to have around.  He can go up and make a good catch on a bad ball.  Imagine what MW would do with Brady throwing to him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#221 : May 20, 2013, 06:52:30 PM

Let me explain it to you Jimbo.

A guy like TD19 has major vert, and great body control/balance. So when Free overthrows a target, a guy like 19 can go up and get it where other defenders with less athletic ability would not. So there is that aspect, which is what I am bantering about. Basically if he is the only guy who can get it, he benefits from it, as it is a play only he could make.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#222 : May 20, 2013, 06:55:51 PM

Just messing with you dude.  It's all good.  I get what ur saying.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#223 : May 20, 2013, 06:57:14 PM

Cool.

Kenny Chesney the guy who hangs with DC?

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#224 : May 20, 2013, 06:59:14 PM

Have you been here?
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams looking for Stevie Johnson money........five-year, $36.25 million « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools