Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the matter with Libertarianism? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #30 : May 21, 2013, 08:38:47 AM »

So now I've gone from treating vin and spartan better than you because im really conservartive. To treating them the same as you. Once again you are all over the map. Make up your mind,  stupid.

Anarcho-capitalism is basically a belief in free markets free of regulations.  Its not equivalent to all out anarchy simply because the prefix "anarcho" is used.  But nice try.

You aren't just less smart than me,  you are less smart than every single poster in the cove. You are exposed as a psuedo-intellectual . How's it feel comrade?
« : May 21, 2013, 08:44:17 AM Fire Mark Dummynik »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #31 : May 21, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »

Just to lighten the mood in here.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #32 : May 21, 2013, 11:34:10 AM »

Just to lighten the mood in here.
That image isn't going to do much to improve the Comrade's mood,  lol.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #33 : May 21, 2013, 03:48:18 PM »

So now I've gone from treating vin and spartan better than you because im really conservartive. To treating them the same as you. Once again you are all over the map. Make up your mind,  stupid.

Spin spin spin...

Anarcho-capitalism is basically a belief in free markets free of regulations.  Its not equivalent to all out anarchy simply because the prefix "anarcho" is used.  But nice try.

Wrong again, nitwit. Here, let me help you out...

Anarcho-capitalism (also known as “libertarian anarchy” or “market anarchism” or “free market anarchism”) is a libertarian and individualist anarchist political philosophy that advocates the elimination of the state in favor of individual sovereignty in a free market. Economist Murray Rothbard is credited with coining the term.

http://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism

The "anarcho" isn't there to suggest that it only wishes to eliminate the state from the marketplace. It is there to suggest that it wishes to eliminate the state. Period. That's what "anarchy" means. Now I assume you will attempt to argue that anarchy isn't anarchy when libertarians support it.

You aren't just less smart than me,  you are less smart than every single poster in the cove. You are exposed as a psuedo-intellectual . How's it feel comrade?

I'd be willing to bet that a majority of posters on this message board know what the word "anarchy" means. How does it feel, Delirious Smurf?
« : May 21, 2013, 04:03:21 PM CBWx2 »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #34 : May 21, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »

Anarcho-capitalism is all about free markets  .Just like I said . Most anarchists have a disdain for capitalism and authority of any kind enforcing the things that stem from it - property rights ,contracts , etc . If AC was the same as Anarchy , they would just call it Anarchy. It's not. 

So , rather than go enter the black hole of semantics with Captain Dumbass ( which he'd love nothing more than ) , lets recap comrade's ever-changing stances:

1. All libertarians are conservatives.
2. Libertarians are fascists
3. Libertarians are Anarchists
4 All libertarians are conservatives... again... no we mean it this time.
5 Libertarians are Anarchists ...again ... no we mean it this time.

....seems to me you are desperately just throwing out random arguments in an attempt to discredit . Good luck , maybe eventually you'll find one that sticks , LOL

Time to cut through the spin :
http://www.lp.org/platform

It's all there in black and white. Point to the part about eliminating ALL elements of the state and implementing anarchy . ITS NOT IN THERE.  If anything , the vast majority of libertarians are in favor or Minarchism.
« : May 21, 2013, 08:59:30 PM Fire Mark Dummynik »

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #35 : May 21, 2013, 09:42:59 PM »

Anarcho-capitalism is all about free markets  .Just like I said .

No it isn't you moron. It isn't "just about free markets". It's about far more than that. There is a name for a marketplace free from any intervention from government. It is called a "free market". What you seem to incorrectly assert is the definition of anarcho-capitalism is actually the definition of a free market society.

Your error is two-fold. Your first error is in assuming that anarchy means chaos or lawlessness. There are many forms of anarchy that do not suggest that the state shouldn't be replaced with some form of or process for maintaining order and enforcing laws. Which brings me to your second error.

You seem to be fixated on the false notion that anarcho-capitalism is a form of capitalism. It isn't. It is a form of anarchy. It replaces the government hierarchy with a capitalist hierarchy. It implies that there should be no state, that the private sector should essentially self govern.

I'm not interested in reading the party platform. That's just a simplified, watered down version of Libertarianism presented to appeal to simple minded individuals such as yourself. Read some Rothbard, or anything from his followers, like Lew Rockwell or Burt Blumert, or from his most notable follower, Ron Paul.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #36 : May 21, 2013, 10:37:43 PM »

"Your error is two-fold."

Well what a coincidence.

It's exactly like your voting record in the last two presidential elections.

For a guy spouting off against the evils of Libertarianism you better check the ice under your own feet. It's already thin and melting rapidly.

Your boy is driving the freedom of US citizens into the ground and he ain't exactly heaping praise on innocent people out of the ass end of those drones.

I don't see you posting word damn one about any of that.

If you held any intellectual honesty then I would expect to see something about that from you.

But not one God Damn word.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #37 : May 21, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »

Free Speech vs. the Obama Administration’s Speech Codes
May 14, 2013

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution is simple.  The government cannot ban free speech.  It is not allowed.  Period.  So what does the Departments of Justice and Education want to do on college campuses?  Ban speech.  Implement speech codes.  I refer to the letter sent to the University of Minnesota which would ban any speech that people might find offensive.  As the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education noted, the letter misquotes the Supreme Court decision in Davis v. Monroe Cnty. Bd. of Educ., 526 U.S. 629 (1999).  Davis required that offensive speech be “severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive.” Id. at 633.  The government changed that language to “severe and pervasive”, completely omitting the objective standard.

This could have major chilling effects on speech at college campuses, where the free and unfettered exchange of ideas is the professed norm.

Are you offended by discussion of sex?  Out go the Vagina Monologues, Human Sexuality classes, Biology classes, etc.  Dating?  Not allowed, since to ask someone for a date could be an “unwelcome” sexual advance.

A typical “free speech zone” under the Obama administration, this one at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
The Obama administration should be ashamed of itself, and should look back at the view of the founders of the Democratic Party.

“To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement.”  Thomas Jefferson, Letter to William Green Mumford (1799).

http://excoplawstudent.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/free-speech-vs-the-obama-administrations-speech-codes/

http://thefire.org/article/15767.html

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #38 : May 22, 2013, 12:48:33 AM »

"Your error is two-fold."

Well what a coincidence.

It's exactly like your voting record in the last two presidential elections.

I didn't commit an error. I voted for the guy who I felt would do the least amount of damage that actually had a chance to win, and who was the most sympathetic to the issues that I care about. I realize that it's all the rage to be a jaded, third partier, but at the end of the day, it was either going to be Obama or Romney that was going to be shaping policy, Obama or Romney that held the veto pen, and Obama or Romney that would be appointing Supreme Court justices.

You can sit on your soapbox and spew off all of your holier than thou nonsense all you like. In the meantime, the realists in this world, such as myself, will attempt to fix the world in a way that actually accomplishes something, by working to create change within the system instead of doing nothing other than standing on the sidelines constantly pointing the finger at others and crying about.

For a guy spouting off against the evils of Libertarianism you better check the ice under your own feet. It's already thin and melting rapidly.

I wasn't spouting off against the evils of anything. If you took it that way, then maybe you think Libertarianism is evil. Sounds like you have an identity crisis too.

Your boy is driving the freedom of US citizens into the ground and he ain't exactly heaping praise on innocent people out of the ass end of those drones.

I don't see you posting word damn one about any of that.

If you held any intellectual honesty then I would expect to see something about that from you.

But not one God Damn word.

In case you hadn't noticed, I don't create many threads at all on any topic. The last two threads I made were about the 2nd amendment for the purposes of moving the discussion outside of a thread about elementary school kids getting shot up, and to continue a discussion with Vince about gay marriage because the original thread got locked.

If we were on a website that lacked the prospective of bashing Obama on any and everything imaginable, then perhaps you would see me being more critical. But I don't feel the need to create the 30th thread of the day bashing the president. You, your soapbox, and all of the cons on this message board seem to be handling it very well. I usually only post when I disagree with something. If I haven't posted anything that challenges your assertions on drone attacks or the Patriot act, then chances are it's because I don't disagree. So spare me your moral nerd rage, Durango, and stop trying to save DJ's ass by changing the subject.

« : May 22, 2013, 12:51:08 AM CBWx2 »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #39 : May 22, 2013, 07:29:36 AM »

Anarcho-capitalism is all about free markets  .Just like I said .

No it isn't you moron. It isn't "just about free markets". It's about far more than that. There is a name for a marketplace free from any intervention from government. It is called a "free market". What you seem to incorrectly assert is the definition of anarcho-capitalism is actually the definition of a free market society.

Your error is two-fold. Your first error is in assuming that anarchy means chaos or lawlessness. There are many forms of anarchy that do not suggest that the state shouldn't be replaced with some form of or process for maintaining order and enforcing laws. Which brings me to your second error.

You seem to be fixated on the false notion that anarcho-capitalism is a form of capitalism. It isn't. It is a form of anarchy. It replaces the government hierarchy with a capitalist hierarchy. It implies that there should be no state, that the private sector should essentially self govern.

Don't believe me  ?  Ask an Anarchist yourself. They don't consider Anarcho-capitalism as a form of anarchy.

I'm not interested in reading the party platform.
Of course you aren't , because it disproves your entire dumb ass point.

As does the Ron Paul mention. You seem to be claiming Ron Paul is an Anarcho-capitalist  , yet he's worked for the government for countless years , and even run to be it's PRESIDENT multiple times. LOL  . Doesn't sound like a guy who's goal is to shut down any and all elements of the state to me , and he never said it was . If Ron Paul is Anarcho-capitalist , you've proved my point yet again.

Dumbest Man in the Cove. How's it feel , comrade ?

« : May 22, 2013, 07:39:25 AM Fire Mark Dummynik »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #40 : May 22, 2013, 07:37:16 AM »

I didn't commit an error. I voted for the guy who I felt would do the least amount of damage that actually had a chance to win

Brainwashed , indeed .

So spare me your moral nerd rage, Durango, and stop trying to save DJ's ass by changing the subject.

LOL. You really think Durango is calling you out to defend me ?? Durango doesn't even like me.   He's calling you out because everyone can see what a lying hypocritical piece of shlt you are.

....but it's everyone else , comrade , it's not you..... :P

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #41 : May 22, 2013, 07:58:58 AM »

lmao . . . different day .  . . same CBW

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #42 : May 22, 2013, 08:01:12 AM »

The only difference between those guys and myself when it comes to you is that you don't disagree with them nearly as often as you disagree with me.

oooh . . . wait until I see you on the playground at recess!!!

(seriously CBW . .  . wow)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #43 : May 22, 2013, 08:06:27 AM »

The only difference between those guys and myself when it comes to you is that you don't disagree with them nearly as often as you disagree with me.

oooh . . . wait until I see you on the playground at recess!!!

(seriously CBW . .  . wow)

It's everybody else .....it's not him .....  ::)

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #44 : May 22, 2013, 08:15:53 AM »

The reason I act like I'm smarter than you is because I am.

This ^^^^ is classic CBW. 

So determined to show everyone how "smart" he is that he often strays beyond his comfort zone and posts pure stupidity, which then leads to pages and pages of spin because admitting the mistake . .  . well . . .  he does not make mistakes.

Where Buggsy is 'The Scarecrow" (because he doesn't actually have a brain) . . . .CBW is this guy:

using smoke and mirrors to try to convince everyone he is smarter than them . . . all hail, the great and powerful Oz!!
« : May 22, 2013, 08:29:29 AM VinBucFan »

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the matter with Libertarianism? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools