Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the matter with Libertarianism? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#45 : May 22, 2013, 08:45:31 AM

LOL , Vin,  great analogy. 

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#46 : May 22, 2013, 08:45:44 AM

The only difference between those guys and myself when it comes to you is that you don't disagree with them nearly as often as you disagree with me.

oooh . . . wait until I see you on the playground at recess!!!

(seriously CBW . .  . wow)

It's everybody else .....it's not him .....  ::)

the irony in vinny peanuts post is very rich though

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#47 : May 22, 2013, 08:48:22 AM

The only difference between those guys and myself when it comes to you is that you don't disagree with them nearly as often as you disagree with me.

oooh . . . wait until I see you on the playground at recess!!!

(seriously CBW . .  . wow)

It's everybody else .....it's not him .....  ::)

the irony in vinny peanuts post is very rich though

he . . .  can't . . . . control . . . it . . . .

: May 22, 2013, 08:51:23 AM VinBucFan

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#48 : May 22, 2013, 08:50:14 AM

hypocrisy, it's what's for breakfast in peanut land

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#49 : May 22, 2013, 08:53:05 AM

hypocrisy, it's what's for breakfast in peanut land

he . . . . cant. . .  control . .  . it . . .

oh wait . . . he's NOT stalking me . . . that's what he typed . . . NOT stalking . . . . and yet . . . here he is.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#50 : May 22, 2013, 08:54:29 AM

I remember when vinny peanuts used to make fun of other posters for posting pictures ........ lolz

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#51 : May 22, 2013, 08:55:30 AM

I remember when vinny peanuts used to make fun of other posters for posting pictures ........ lolz

I remember when Olaf lied about not stalking me . . .  anonymously .  . while stalking me  .... anonymously . . . 

he . . . cant . . . control . . it . . .
: May 22, 2013, 09:00:25 AM VinBucFan

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#52 : May 22, 2013, 08:58:07 AM

lolz, had to add to your little made up story.   the more dots you put in a "sentence" the greater chance people will believe it.  lolz
: May 22, 2013, 09:10:56 AM olafberserker

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#53 : May 22, 2013, 09:00:00 AM

Anarcho-capitalism is all about free markets  .Just like I said .

No it isn't you moron. It isn't "just about free markets". It's about far more than that. There is a name for a marketplace free from any intervention from government. It is called a "free market". What you seem to incorrectly assert is the definition of anarcho-capitalism is actually the definition of a free market society.

Your error is two-fold. Your first error is in assuming that anarchy means chaos or lawlessness. There are many forms of anarchy that do not suggest that the state shouldn't be replaced with some form of or process for maintaining order and enforcing laws. Which brings me to your second error.

You seem to be fixated on the false notion that anarcho-capitalism is a form of capitalism. It isn't. It is a form of anarchy. It replaces the government hierarchy with a capitalist hierarchy. It implies that there should be no state, that the private sector should essentially self govern.

Don't believe me  ?  Ask an Anarchist yourself. They don't consider Anarcho-capitalism as a form of anarchy.

I'm not interested in reading the party platform.
Of course you aren't , because it disproves your entire dumb ass point.

As does the Ron Paul mention. You seem to be claiming Ron Paul is an Anarcho-capitalist  , yet he's worked for the government for countless years , and even run to be it's PRESIDENT multiple times. LOL  . Doesn't sound like a guy who's goal is to shut down any and all elements of the state to me , and he never said it was . If Ron Paul is Anarcho-capitalist , you've proved my point yet again.

Dumbest Man in the Cove. How's it feel , comrade ?

LOL did you really attempt to refute my assertions with a freaking youtube video? OneTruth called. He want's royalties on your post.

There isn't just one monolithic philosophy known as "anarchy", Delirious. There are many differing schools of anarchist thought. The one seemingly promoted by the individual in the video you posted can be accurately defined as a form of social anarchism known as anarcho-communism. As you can probably ascertain from the name, it is in direct opposition to the principles of anarcho-capitalism. Social anarchists typically refute the legitimacy of most individualist anarchist philosophies. It is essentially a debate between "left-wing" anarchy and "right-wing" anarchy.

If you wish to accept only the social anarchist definition of anarchy because it is politically expedient for you to do so, then have at it. But anarchy isn't defined by social anarchists. It is defined by it's definition, and that is a political philosophy which holds the state to be undesirable, unnecessary, or harmful, and thus, wishes to abolish it. I find it humerous how hard you are scrambling to deny libertarianism has anything in common with anarchy when the two terms have been used synonymously with one another for years. True story.

Google has not been kind to you, Delirious. Perhaps you should stop trying so hard to refute that Libertarianism has no association with anarchism and face the reality that it does, and instead, focus your energy on explaining why that isn't necessarily a bad thing, kinda like how Murray Rothbard and Lew Rockwell do.

As to Ron Paul, his serving in government doesn't mean he is pro-government. If he was, you wouldn't love him so much, given how much you clearly hate government. Since you seem to like youtube videos so much, here's one that flat out crushes the assertion that Paul is a minarchist...

http://youtu.be/BoUrrlbDoVs

Ron Paul is an anarchist, more specifically, an anarcho-capitalist. He has on more than one occasion flat out said that he supports the creation of a society absent of government, and has used his career in public office as a means of working towards that end. Once again, you are left looking like a clueless idiot. Now here is where you tell me that I am wrong about Paul even when I use his actual words to support my assertion about him.

: May 22, 2013, 09:16:14 AM CBWx2

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#54 : May 22, 2013, 11:19:14 AM

The youtube video is an actual anarchist , explaining how most anarchists see anarcho-capitalism , and how they dont identify with it AT ALL . But you know more about the feelings of anarchists that actual anarchists also , right ?

...and LOL. , comrade is really going to double down on the idiotic " Paul is an Anarchist " angle...

Dumbest man in the Cove. How's it feel ?
: May 22, 2013, 11:30:50 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#55 : May 22, 2013, 04:19:37 PM

The youtube video is an actual anarchist , explaining how most anarchists see anarcho-capitalism , and how they dont identify with it AT ALL . But you know more about the feelings of anarchists that actual anarchists also , right ?

You certainly are attributing more relevance to that video than can be reasonably attributed to a youtube video by an unidentified individual, aren't you? So you are now doubling down on the idiotic, easily researchable and refutable assertion that there is only one kind of anarchy, and that "anarchy" isn't simply an umbrella term that houses many different schools of thought? And you accused me of having no integrity? LOL!

...and LOL. , comrade is really going to double down on the idiotic " Paul is an Anarchist " angle...

Ah, there it is. I am wrong about Paul even when I use Paul's own words to define him, and Delirious is right about Paul because the Libertarian Party platform doesn't say that it wishes to abolish the state.

Oh the buffoonery...  ???

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#56 : May 22, 2013, 05:01:35 PM

Oh the buffoonery...  ???

TRANSLATED:

The reason I act like I'm smarter than you is because I am.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#57 : May 22, 2013, 06:01:38 PM

I am wrong about Paul even when I use Paul's own words to define him

Paul's own words :

Hmmm, he mentions the proper role for government ( to protect liberties - a Minarchist point of view not an Anarchist one ), his admiration for the constitution , yet absolutely nothing about shutting it all down completely and letting anarchy ensue. Shocking.

Looks like it's only smoke and mirrors for the Wiz again . People of the Cove ! Pay no attention to the moron behind the curtain !!

: May 22, 2013, 06:18:33 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#58 : May 22, 2013, 06:11:43 PM

Paul's own words :

Hmmm, he mentions the proper role for government , his admiration for the constitution , yet absolutely nothing about shutting it all down completely and letting anarchy ensue.

Looks like it's only smoke and mirrors for the Wiz again . People of the Cove ! Pay no attention to the moron behind the curtain !!

Hey look, there's Buggsy too

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#59 : May 22, 2013, 07:32:12 PM

Paul's own words :

Hmmm, he mentions the proper role for government ( to protect liberties - a Minarchist point of view not an Anarchist one ), his admiration for the constitution , yet absolutely nothing about shutting it all down completely and letting anarchy ensue. Shocking.

Yours quotes a speech that he made. Mine takes a variety of his statements made in various appearances, that he's made in various interviews with non-mainstream media outlets, and that he's personally written in his books.

In your video he claims that he  sees a proper role of government, and that he admires the constitution. In mine, he says that he sees no proper role for government, and uses the constitution as nothing more than a tool to limit government, because it is easier to cite the constitution for opposition to expanding government's role than it is to argue it on the merits of morality.

The funniest part is, the video I posted wasn't from someone who opposes Paul. It was created by a Ron Paul supporter. A Libertarian, who acknowledges that Paul, when viewed within the framework of his entire philosophical musings, and not just one speech he made at Georgetown University, is not a minarchist. He is an anarcho-capitalist. But keep up that spin, Delirious. Keep saying it, and eventually maybe even you will believe it to be true.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the matter with Libertarianism? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools