Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the matter with Libertarianism? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#75 : May 25, 2013, 01:03:24 AM

Wow - lol

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#76 : May 25, 2013, 09:27:06 AM

What is valuntaryism,  dumbest man on the cove?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#77 : May 25, 2013, 09:36:57 AM

What is valuntaryism,  dumbest man on the cove?

You've resorted to attacking me for a typo. Surrender noted.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#78 : May 25, 2013, 09:50:47 AM

I valuntaryily surrendered,  out of mercy for the Dumb. You're welcome , by the way.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#79 : May 25, 2013, 10:02:18 AM

I valuntaryily surrendered,  out of mercy for the Dumb. You're welcome , by the way.

No, you surrender because you've lost. You're mocking a typo because you've lost it. I'm embarrassed for you, and I'm not saying that facetiously either.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#80 : May 25, 2013, 10:07:57 AM

But are you saying it valuntaryily?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#81 : May 25, 2013, 10:11:45 AM

Just add that to the ever growing list of words that you don't know the meaning of.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#82 : May 25, 2013, 10:23:54 AM

Back on topic....

I have gone to several libertarian party meetings and they do not believe in anarchy.   I also think prostitution should be legal for consenting adults. Don't care one way or another as far as gay marriage.  Believe in mandatory birth control if you are getting welfare.

I believe we need less of the two principle problems today.  Too much corporate influence on the government and too much national government involved with things that should be handled at the local level.

I consider myself a libertarian. I don't believe we need an income tax and should just have a flat tax.  I believe all drugs should be taxed and regulated. As to illicit drugs it will still be against the law to sell unless registered just like alcohol but for private consumption no rules against that. The secret is to take the ridiculous profit out of the illicit sales. Since the illicit drugs are all plants only costs come from processing.  Don't believe any should be allowed to be advertised and that includes pharmaceuticals.   Don't believe that the government should be paying people to have children as a profit generator.  Agree strongly with the current conservative proposals regarding getting illegal immigration under control. Primary US defense should be controlling our borders.

Think the US needs to quit meddling with other countries politics.  Think natural gas should be developed extensively as an energy source for the US. No reason not to other than reducing profits in the oil industry.  Global warming is indeed a fact. That it can be controlled by mankind is a huge assumption.   All this carbon footprint stuff is really not the answer if man is indeed responsible.  The ultimate answer lies in Birth Control. The freedom to use baby making as a money maker from the government is outrageous.  If you cant afford them dont have them!!  Again the fundamental problem with Libertarian thought is accountability of being self sufficient and responsible for your actions. Too many in society wish for the government to take care of them and make all their decisions for them.

Think our current president is a card carrying Muslim sympathizer that is taking everything wrong that Bush did economically and making the same mistakes 10 times worse.  Obama is an abomination.    I have no faith in either party or the majority of its leadership. The majority are liars and thieves. "No child left behind"? WHAT A TOTAL JOKE!    Just an excuse for making Student Loan debt larger than all the mortgage and credit card debt combined.
It is absolutely outrageous for the Fed to keep printing money to hold up the stock market.  I believe a crash is coming soon.

You want to fix education? Reward teachers that flunk half their class for not meeting proper standards of proficiency. Inflated graduation rates are obscene.  End the phony drug war. It is an abysmal failure.

So am I an anarchist? I believe the small business man is what made America great.

Rant over let the personal attacks begin!  LOL   

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#83 : May 25, 2013, 10:49:41 AM

You are confusing the Dumbest Man, Runole. He doesn't understand nuance.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#84 : May 25, 2013, 10:50:45 AM

Just add that to the ever growing list of words that you don't know the meaning of.

CBW is the new Buggsy. Can you spell in-se-cure?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#85 : May 25, 2013, 11:31:45 AM

I'm willing to bet there are about a half dozen things that Runole typed that even you don't consider to be anything remotely related to a Libertarian position. Under different circumstances, I am willing to bet my left nut that you would have called him out on it. Yet now you are willing to suggest that it is "Libertarianism" because it suits you at the moment. That isn't called "nuance", it's called intellectual dishonesty.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#86 : May 25, 2013, 01:03:50 PM

I'm willing to bet there are about a half dozen things that Runole typed that even you don't consider to be anything remotely related to a Libertarian position. Under different circumstances, I am willing to bet my left nut that you would have called him out on it. Yet now you are willing to suggest that it is "Libertarianism" because it suits you at the moment. That isn't called "nuance", it's called intellectual dishonesty.

What's that Yiddish word? chutzpah?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#87 : May 25, 2013, 02:38:04 PM

Chutzpah, indeed.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#88 : May 25, 2013, 03:55:30 PM

Well since I have attended several libertarian party meetings what in my many opinions on several issues are not primarily libertarian in nature?

I readily admit that pure Libertarianism is an impossibility but whenever I take the following test .....

http://www.nolanchart.com/survey.php

I scored Libertarian with the star above libertarian about 2/3 above the top centrist line.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#89 : May 25, 2013, 08:08:11 PM

Chutzpah, indeed.

I wonder if good ole' Ron Paul would consider calling for a flat tax and militarizing our border to be "nuanced" Libertarian positions? LOL at the buffoonery!

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the matter with Libertarianism? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools