Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The President & His Men Have a Problem With The Truth « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#30 : May 14, 2013, 12:30:35 PM

Is there a point you are trying to make other than the President lying?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 14, 2013, 12:33:00 PM

I think you helped me make one point earlier, but does my posting bother you or something?  Dont get the question?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 18, 2013, 10:52:40 PM

It is interesting - the disappearance of the "movie" that was purportedly the reason for the attack on Benghazi that is.  The president argues that he declared it terrorism, and then a week or so later sent his surrogate to the News shows to tell all that would listen the cause was the video iirc.  Now, he was on it with terrorism label from the jump.  Even had Crowley help his debate defending the matter. 

The poor bastard who created the offending video is still in jail I believe.  Odd isn't it. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 19, 2013, 11:30:25 AM

It is interesting - the disappearance of the "movie" that was purportedly the reason for the attack on Benghazi that is.  The president argues that he declared it terrorism, and then a week or so later sent his surrogate to the News shows to tell all that would listen the cause was the video iirc.  Now, he was on it with terrorism label from the jump.  Even had Crowley help his debate defending the matter. 

The poor bastard who created the offending video is still in jail I believe.  Odd isn't it.

all calibrated for a sleeping constituency

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 19, 2013, 11:59:29 AM

little payback from Bob:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/05/bob-woodward-obama-admin-didnt-tell-truth-on-benghazi-video/

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 19, 2013, 03:51:13 PM

Impeach!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#36 : May 19, 2013, 04:07:14 PM

All of this scandal stuff has kind of fizzled, hasn't it? Only FNC's Hannity and O'Reilly continue the massive assault on the administration. Okay, maybe all FNC's shows. Otherwise the news-cycle has moved-on to tornadoes, Powerball, that Arias chick and whether she gets the death penalty, and a Hofstra student unfortunately getting killed by police.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 19, 2013, 04:46:31 PM

All of this scandal stuff has kind of fizzled, hasn't it? Only FNC's Hannity and O'Reilly continue the massive assault on the administration. Okay, maybe all FNC's shows. Otherwise the news-cycle has moved-on to tornadoes, Powerball, that Arias chick and whether she gets the death penalty, and a Hofstra student unfortunately getting killed by police.

one of the points of the thread.  "truth" dictated by new cycles

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 19, 2013, 05:05:24 PM

Thats what I hope comes out of this. People need to realize how corrupted our news and media is. How though? People watch the news and will pretty much believe anything they say. Not everybody but a lot.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 19, 2013, 07:48:08 PM

Thats what I hope comes out of this. People need to realize how corrupted our news and media is. How though? People watch the news and will pretty much believe anything they say. Not everybody but a lot.

You may not even know a fraction of it. I've worked in the media my entire life and even today it still amazes me how easily people are manipulated. Even the most obviously fraudulent and manufactured crap is accepted as reality. The lack of awareness amongst the general public remains astounding to me. That's even counting those that claim to know better. In reality, they don't.

How deep does the rabbit hole go? Do you really want to know? Answer: Most people don't.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 20, 2013, 09:20:09 AM

I'm curious to know what the Comrade thinks of all this ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 20, 2013, 09:40:53 AM

You may not even know a fraction of it. I've worked in the media my entire life and even today it still amazes me how easily people are manipulated. Even the most obviously fraudulent and manufactured crap is accepted as reality. The lack of awareness amongst the general public remains astounding to me. That's even counting those that claim to know better. In reality, they don't.

How deep does the rabbit hole go? Do you really want to know? Answer: Most people don't.

I think it would be great if there was a big movement to uncover it all. Or well at least as well as they can. It may be uncomfortable to many people to find out they have been lied to for so many years but awareness is curative. Some would get over it and will feel blessed they know they can look at things from another perspective. Sure you will have your victim mindset people and feel like they have been wronged their entire lives and they wouldnt be wrong or anything. Perhaps the backlash of uncovering the truth would be a little crazier than I think it would. Riots and all kinds of crazy. There must be a way to get to the bottom of it all without all of that.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 20, 2013, 10:46:40 AM

I think it would be great if there was a big movement to uncover it all. Or well at least as well as they can. It may be uncomfortable to many people to find out they have been lied to for so many years but awareness is curative. Some would get over it and will feel blessed they know they can look at things from another perspective. Sure you will have your victim mindset people and feel like they have been wronged their entire lives and they wouldnt be wrong or anything. Perhaps the backlash of uncovering the truth would be a little crazier than I think it would. Riots and all kinds of crazy. There must be a way to get to the bottom of it all without all of that.

Unlike ever before there is a movement of citizen journalism taking place all over the internet and some of it is quite good. It has to be kind of be searched-out and used as a jumping off point for getting at the truth. There still remains a few people that report and comment in the mainstream but apart from the mainstream influence. You've probably seen some of the Glenn Greenwald stuff I've posted recently. He's one that gets it, analyzes it, and presents it w/ a remarkable degree of clarity. But that caliber of journalism is quite rare in the mainstream. So, it would help if people would begin to turn off the TV and stay away from the mainstream media outlets. It's highly corrupt, slanted and greatly influenced to obfuscate and mislead. However it has so inculcated our belief paradigm that even when we do hear the truth we censor ourselves from actually believing it. But as mentioned there is some good stuff out there but you have to be willing to search it out and learn to recognize it when you do see it. Also, keep in mind the question of why am I being shown this or told this and be able to piece it into the big picture.  One more thing, it makes me chuckle when people complain about the media by saying "Did you see what they said on CNN (for example) last night.. I hate the media"

Well, I don't know about you, but if I "hate" something, then I do my best to stay the hell away from it. It seems so simple but for many it's apparently very difficult for them to do. Another thing to keep in mind, some people can never be reached and will never grasp the magnitude of influence they've been subjected to. The truth is..you just can't enlighten everyone. Accept it, don't get hung up on it and just move on.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#43 : May 20, 2013, 01:19:04 PM

I think you missed Durango's point. A movement to uncover it all would not help if the masses continue to believe watchever. There are outlets people can access for additional information but people don't. Look at politics. Very few voters go on websites like votesmart to look up voting records. Instead most rather a hear local politicans run an ad where their name is repeated 15 times and not saying much else. Until people are will to think objectively it will never end.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 20, 2013, 06:16:00 PM

He's expressing his non-partisan outrage.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The President & His Men Have a Problem With The Truth « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools