Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rolando McClain retires « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

: May 15, 2013, 01:58:22 PM

Rolando McClain says he's retiring at age 23

Ravens placed ILB Rolando McClain on the reserve/retired list.
"Rolando let me know that he plans to retire from the NFL," GM Ozzie Newsome said in a statement. "We have placed him on the Reserve/Retired list." It's a bizarre ending to a tumultuous career, but likely a false one. McClain doesn't turn 24 until July, and is only 37 months removed from being the No. 8 pick of the 2010 draft. He has numerous unresolved legal issues, however, and was facing release had he not "retired." If McClain can't get his life and career on track, he'll finish with just 244 tackles, seven sacks and one forced fumble across 41 games. The Ravens are moving forward with second-rounder Arthur Brown, Jameel McClain, Albert McClellan, and Josh Bynes at inside linebacker.
Source: baltimoreravens.com

=======================

What a waste of talent.

Hoist the Battleflag

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 15, 2013, 02:16:39 PM

I remember when some on this board were clamoring for the Bucs to draft him. Couldn't blame them, he was the captain of a National Champion defense. What an unbelievable waste of talent. This is another example of why people should wait at least a few years, before they pass judgment on a draft class.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 15, 2013, 02:41:16 PM

Im ashamed to admit I was the captain of his fan club.
What a bust...

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 15, 2013, 09:46:30 PM

I was high on him when he came out, too. What a turd.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 15, 2013, 09:57:08 PM

Never really liked the guy much.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 15, 2013, 09:59:01 PM

Never liked him. Glad he retired. Now there won't be anymore "We should sign him!" every time he gets cut from a team.

Draft Aaron Donald

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 15, 2013, 09:59:56 PM

Never liked him. Glad he retired. Now there won't be anymore "We should sign him!" every time he gets cut from a team.

What about when he makes a comeback in five years after finishing up jailtime?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 15, 2013, 10:22:04 PM

He may be back with the Ravens.  They are just giving him a timeout.  If he stays out of trouble for awhile, they will give him a call.  They still hold his rights.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 15, 2013, 10:31:25 PM

I read that he just wants to save all that money and start over in a new city with his wife.

A couple million dollars and the woman of your dreams sounds freakin amazing to me.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#9 : May 16, 2013, 06:52:29 PM

A couple million dollars and the woman of your dreams sounds freakin amazing to me.

Sign me up.

Edit; That sounded really gay (not that theres anything wrong with that). What I meant is I agree, and Id definitely give up my dream in exchange for a couple mill and the woman of my dreams. Id do it in a heartbeat.
: May 16, 2013, 06:54:33 PM germcanbuc

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 17, 2013, 09:20:52 AM

Dumb azz criminal.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 17, 2013, 01:59:41 PM

Sign me up.

Edit; That sounded really gay (not that theres anything wrong with that). What I meant is I agree, and Id definitely give up my dream in exchange for a couple mill and the woman of my dreams. Id do it in a heartbeat.

LOL. Calm down brutha. The woman of my dreams makes me a lil fidgety too.

RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 17, 2013, 08:24:49 PM

He needs to get the hell out of Decatur.  No offense to anyone living there, but he needs to leave and never go back.  He has enough scratch to move his family where ever he wants. Why he keeps returning there, I don't have a clue.  Him and the law enforcement there, have a pissing contest going on.  Me and Trippy had this conversation before.  Just get the hell out of there, and build yourself a better life.

[rant over]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 17, 2013, 11:30:48 PM

He needs to get the hell out of Decatur.  No offense to anyone living there, but he needs to leave and never go back.  He has enough scratch to move his family where ever he wants. Why he keeps returning there, I don't have a clue.  Him and the law enforcement there, have a pissing contest going on.  Me and Trippy had this conversation before.  Just get the hell out of there, and build yourself a better life.

[rant over]

Gooooooogle. He's already made that decision

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 18, 2013, 01:35:42 AM

[rant over]

Gooooooogle. He's already made that decision

He has said that before, many times, and always ends up returning there for whatever reason.  Hope he means it this time.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rolando McClain retires « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools