Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who has the biggest arm in the NFL today? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 17, 2013, 11:14:22 PM

Vinny holds the all time record in the old QB skills competition. He threw it something like 93 yards thru the air and blew away Marino, Elway and everyone else that ever competed in it.

thought so

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 17, 2013, 11:15:07 PM

Vinny was retarded.  Yes, he was that good.  What a shame.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 18, 2013, 01:25:35 AM

Not a shocker. Hell, the pass freeman threw in college was over 60yards in the air running and throwing across his body. Id put him in the top 3-5 of active qbs for arm stregnth.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#33 : May 18, 2013, 06:42:14 AM

Glennon has a stronger arm than Freeman.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 18, 2013, 08:48:37 AM

Vinny holds the all time record in the old QB skills competition. He threw it something like 93 yards thru the air and blew away Marino, Elway and everyone else that ever competed in it.

thought so

That's nothing . Uncle Rico threw the ball over those mountains ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#35 : May 18, 2013, 10:58:17 AM

Nice to have a cannon but it doesn't really mean much.  Just ask Vinny or Jeff George.  We won a SB with noodle arm Brad.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 18, 2013, 11:34:58 AM

Haven't watch too much Cutler over the last few years. Just can't stand the guy.

Stafford and Vick definitely have cannons. Vick's arm is just ridiculous. It seems like just a flick of the wrist on the ball is a frozen rope 30 yards down field.

Freeman definitely has the arm strength to make any throw and I would say that he probably is in the top 5 in that regard. However, like numerous people have pointed out, if you don't have the good decision making skills, the arm is a moot point.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 18, 2013, 12:09:13 PM

Who really cares besides kellen Moore?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 18, 2013, 02:01:38 PM

It's not about how far you can throw it. I can throw a ball 50 yards, but it's going to get there very slow and on a terrible arc. It's about how fast a pass can get to a spot.

Freeman has great arm strength if his mechanics are solid. I would say that Flacco has the strongest arm though. If Flacco didn't have the arm strength that he does, then I don't think that the Ravens would have won the SB last year.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 18, 2013, 03:02:27 PM

guy looks like a baller

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 18, 2013, 05:40:08 PM

guy looks like a baller
I hope they arm wrestle on the first day, only legitimate way to decide

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 19, 2013, 08:25:22 AM

Lol GT

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DejaVu

Starter

#42 : May 19, 2013, 08:50:23 AM

guy looks like a baller
I hope they arm wrestle on the first day, only legitimate way to decide

Michael Jackson doesn't arm wrestle.   

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

DejaVu

Starter

#43 : May 19, 2013, 09:48:48 AM

Vinny, Randall Cunningham and Jeff Hostetler were the ones who threw it really far.   Marino was one of the worst at long passes.   Marino and Deberg always came in last place in that challenge.   Marino had a rifle for a certain range, but he couldn't air it out 70 yards.   He used to be less than 60 yards in that competition.  Favre and McNabb also threw the ball far.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who has the biggest arm in the NFL today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools