Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman..........How can I trust you? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 18, 2013, 08:45:09 PM

With $20 mil at stake, i don't really expect him to be truthful. All i know is there were a lotta wounded ducks behing hurled about Mile High.

That was the gusty winds they get there all the time.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ingey1968

Starter

#31 : May 18, 2013, 08:52:51 PM

Those "wounded ducks" got him a 68 percent completion percentage, 4659 passing yards and 37 tds with 11 ints. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 18, 2013, 08:56:59 PM

....and a check to a run on 3rd and 7 with an opportunity to put the game away followed by a terrible int

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ingey1968

Starter

#33 : May 18, 2013, 09:26:47 PM

I dont recall saying he was the best in the league, Just elite. Of course he makes mistakes.  The numbers speak for themselves. before its over, he will own a good chunk of the qb records. He makes good wrs look great and average ones look good. Not to mention he wins. If memory serves me correctly, his teams have made the playoffs just about every year but one in the seasons he has started. Could be incorrect on that but its not much more then one if i am.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 18, 2013, 11:35:55 PM

i stand by my opinion that there is no way he should be ranked above Brees

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 19, 2013, 08:12:36 AM

Slow your troll there a bit JC, I don't think Freeman is inconsistent at all and have stated so many times.  And your comparison is a joke even if I did.

So now exposing flaws in the Freeman bashers' arguments is trolling and a joke.

When Freeman throws 1 TD, 8 INTs the Bucs get blown out.
When Ryan does it the Falcons go 2-0.

When Freeman goes 14/34, 189, 2/0 the Bucs lose to a team that went 0-11 in their other last 11 games.
When Wilson goes 10/21, 130 yards, 2/0 the Seahawks beat the Green Bay Packers.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 19, 2013, 10:21:34 AM

Slow your troll there a bit JC, I don't think Freeman is inconsistent at all and have stated so many times.  And your comparison is a joke even if I did.

When Freeman goes 14/34, 189, 2/0 the Bucs lose to a team that went 0-11 in their other last 11 games.

So your point is, the QB isn't the only factor involved in winning or losing a game, there's also a team involved. That's a very rational concept. It's something some here have rarely considered before......................and I doubt they will even now that you've made it. I happen to agree with you.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#37 : May 19, 2013, 11:02:29 AM

So your point is, the QB isn't the only factor involved in winning or losing a game, there's also a team involved. That's a very rational concept. It's something some here have rarely considered before......................and I doubt they will even now that you've made it. I happen to agree with you.
The question to be answered this year is, can Freeman win with good players around him?  He has all the physical tools that the elite QBs in the league have imo.  Where he has problems is between the ears.  Not saying he's dumb, I don't think he is.  He loses focus and can't keep his mind in the game without getting flustered at times.  Can you imagine what kind of QB Freeman would be if he had Peytons head on his shoulders.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 19, 2013, 11:08:02 AM

Freeman is inconsistent.  That's why he's on the hot seat.  Dude's hasn't won anything of import since pop warner.  I'm sure its because he played on a bunch of bad defenses HIS WHOLE FREAKING LIFE!!!!!

Hilarious.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#39 : May 19, 2013, 11:12:11 AM

Freeman is inconsistent.  That's why he's on the hot seat.  Dude's hasn't won anything of import since pop warner.  I'm sure its because he played on a bunch of bad defenses HIS WHOLE FREAKING LIFE!!!!!

Hilarious.
I feel like the inconsistency comes from losing focus which lack of focus is a mental breakdown.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 19, 2013, 11:33:00 AM

Hilarious.

The one season he had an average defense the Bucs won 10 games, yes?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 19, 2013, 01:01:57 PM

Did he make the post season?  Yes?

gone

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 19, 2013, 08:06:54 PM

With $20 mil at stake, i don't really expect him to be truthful. All i know is there were a lotta wounded ducks behing hurled about Mile High.

I gotta agree with Hate on this one, Manning is not the same.  I got to watch quite a bit of him this year,a dn he started off looking completely done to me, it was just his IQ keeping him going.  Then there was one play in a game where he suddenly came back (I forget which game), and seemed like his old self for a while, but towards the end of the year he started looking shot again.  We'll see what he looks like next year, if a full offseason and getting back into the game helps him, but he could be permanently damaged goods too.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 20, 2013, 02:02:53 AM

I gotta agree with Hate on this one, Manning is not the same.  I got to watch quite a bit of him this year,a dn he started off looking completely done to me, it was just his IQ keeping him going.  Then there was one play in a game where he suddenly came back (I forget which game), and seemed like his old self for a while, but towards the end of the year he started looking shot again.  We'll see what he looks like next year, if a full offseason and getting back into the game helps him, but he could be permanently damaged goods too.

Mannings 2012 season stats

Cmp%           Yds                         TD                    Int                        Rate

68.6             4659                        37                     11                        105.6

Not bad for "damaged goods".

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#44 : May 20, 2013, 12:16:04 PM

Mannings 2012 season stats

Cmp%           Yds                         TD                    Int                        Rate

68.6             4659                        37                     11                        105.6

Not bad for "damaged goods".
Ya think?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman..........How can I trust you? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools