Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: League investigation still pending in Bowers incident « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : May 18, 2013, 12:01:48 AM »

League investigation still pending in Bowers incident

by Gil Arcia

May 15, 2013

Over a month ago, Da’Quan Bowers avoided jail time on gun charges stemming from the February 18 incident at LaGurdia Airport. After much speculation from fans and several reports on whether Bowers will face a suspension from the league, TheBayCave.com has learned today that the investigation is still pending on whether or not the Buccaneers’ defensive end will be suspended, per NFL spokesman.

After letting defensive end Michael Bennett go and test the free agent market, Buccaneers’ general manager Mark Dominik let it be known that they are confident with Da’Quan Bowers starting full-time opposite the line from Adrian Clayborn. At the time of Dominik’s comments, Bowers was just four days into the uncertainty of any jail time.

The league has had the Bowers case since day one of the incident. Since being exonerated on April 11, the league has stated they would immediately begin reviewing all facts from the case.

Many suspect that he did nothing wrong to constitute a suspension. But every clause in his contract is under review and the league will determine if the incident violates the personal conduct policy. The severity of a suspension, if any, will be based on the incident itself and the outcome — which was officially classified as disorderly conduct and sent away with fines.

It is possible that if no suspension is handed down, a fine is still an option.

Since the initial charges were reduced, I still do not expect the league to suspend Da’Quan Bowers. But it’s up to the league and they may feel there is something in the case that merits a suspension.

http://www.thebaycave.com/2013/05/15/league-investigation-still-pending-in-bowers-incident/   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #1 : May 18, 2013, 01:42:08 AM »

I don't think he gets suspended or even fined.  IIRC,  he has never been in trouble before.  There are a lot more serious things going on in the league than his deal.

That Seattle guy got suspended on Friday for PED's.   4 games.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #2 : May 18, 2013, 05:12:31 PM »

Bowers deserves nothing more than a fine at the worst.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #3 : May 18, 2013, 05:27:32 PM »

League investigation still pending in Bowers incident

by Gil Arcia

May 15, 2013

"The league has had the Bowers case since day one of the incident. Since being exonerated on April 11, the league has stated they would immediately begin reviewing all facts from the case."

Something just not quite right about this quote.  It says the league "had the case since day one."  And since being exonerated the league stated they would immediately begin reviewing the facts."

The facts are few and not in controversy, and 36 days have passed since this statement.  I think the league made its mind up right away, (Boweers is no problem) but to underscore the seriousness of gun offenses, the league is sitting on this.  Not all NFL players are choirboys like Bowers.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 19, 2013, 11:56:08 PM »

I guess it depends on where they stand with guns, to some extent it would matter.

I would absolutely hate it if he were to made as some sort of example, especially after the NY courts, of all places, let him walk.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #5 : May 20, 2013, 12:44:36 AM »

Who is Gil Arcia and why does he continue to write "articles" based nearly entirely on speculation.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #6 : May 20, 2013, 08:10:08 AM »

If he got out of NY without a significant penalty, I can't believe he would get suspended by the NFL. Not really sure what he would be suspended for honestly.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: League investigation still pending in Bowers incident « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools