Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best 3rd Option in the Passing Game « previous next »
Page: 1

CaliBucsFan

Second String
: May 20, 2013, 08:33:40 PM

Keep it very simple for Josh, find Vincent Jackson or Mike Williams, if covered check it down to our offensive MVP Doug Martin.
We don't really need big production from TE or WR3, Doug Martin should be the third most targeted Buccaneer in 2013.
IMO you want the ball in your best player's hands as much as possible and for the Bucs that is undoubtedly Doug Martin

\\\"Im not afraid of anyone. They put their pants on just like I put my pants on.

-Kadeem Edwards

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 20, 2013, 08:48:06 PM

Productivity-wise I agree, BUT... that also would mean more touches which means more hits on Doug. He seems to be in great shape, but.... can't help but worry 'bout how long he would hold up physically...

BigSombrero1

Rookie

#2 : May 20, 2013, 09:01:28 PM

Good grief.  If he can only handle two options then he needs to GTFO.   Playing QB in the NFL is complex, if you have to dumb down your offense for your QB then you need a new QB.

As to your question, I think theres a decent shot that Crabtree will become a solid option at TE for Free.  Receiver wise, Schiano and Co. seem to really like Ogletree despite the limited production last season so he's a guy to watch for sure.  It's a little too early to know for sure though.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best 3rd Option in the Passing Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools