Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs seek answers as workouts near « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 19, 2013, 03:15:08 PM

I think Kevin Ogletree steps up. I'm interested in the SLB battle.

I'm curious what leads you to believe this?

Overshadowed player in Dallas. In Tampa he will get most of the targets in the slot due to not having a emergence at TE. When called on in Dallas he produced. I like his speed and think he's a breakout player for the Bucs nice role guy to go with the Main parts.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 19, 2013, 03:47:41 PM

These were the players the Bucs had on IR last season: Arrelious Benn (WR), Quincy Black (LB), Adrain Clayborn (DE), Cody Grimm (S), Davin Joseph (G), Myron Lewis (CD), Aaron Morgan (DE), Carl Nicks (G), Danny Noble (TE), Sammie Stroughter (WR), Jeremy Trueblood (T) and Desmond Wynn (G/T).

Wynn and Morgan may have been player stashes or they may have been camp injuries for players that the Bucs wanted to retain (I don't remember either playing, but they might have, both are still on the roster). Benn, Clayborn, Joseph and I think Stroughter were IR'd before the season started. Of the list above, the only significant injuries were Clayborn, Nicks and Joseph. I don't count Black because I feel that Hayward stepped in and we didn't lose a step at SLB.

Returning are: Clayborn, Grimm, Joseph, Morgan, Lewis, Nicks, Noble and Wynn.   
: May 19, 2013, 03:51:03 PM nitey

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 19, 2013, 07:17:33 PM

I don't think Underwood makes the team.  There were several times last season, Freeman ripped him, for being in the wrong place on routes.  Unless those other dudes totally collapse, like Owusu, Ogletree, and Steve Smith.  He may turn out to be the least incompetent of that bunch, and they keep him, but I have my doubts.

Well, not to disagree with your conclusion, but Freeman ripping him for being in the wrong place doesn't actually mean he was in the wrong place. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 19, 2013, 07:19:10 PM

Overshadowed player in Dallas. In Tampa he will get most of the targets in the slot due to not having a emergence at TE. When called on in Dallas he produced. I like his speed and think he's a breakout player for the Bucs nice role guy to go with the Main parts.

He produced in one game.  After that, you don't know whether we was called on or not.  He could just as easily have been called on for the other 15 games and never produced as not been "called on" at all.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 19, 2013, 07:44:43 PM

Glad some of you feel good about Smith, Underwood, and Ogletree as our WR depth. Personally, I don't think we our any better off now, than we were with guys like Stroughter, Benn, Parker, and Briscoe. Fingers crossed Mike and Vincent stay healthy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 20, 2013, 02:12:59 AM

I don't think Underwood makes the team.  There were several times last season, Freeman ripped him, for being in the wrong place on routes.  Unless those other dudes totally collapse, like Owusu, Ogletree, and Steve Smith.  He may turn out to be the least incompetent of that bunch, and they keep him, but I have my doubts.

Well, not to disagree with your conclusion, but Freeman ripping him for being in the wrong place doesn't actually mean he was in the wrong place.

IDK man, it happened several times.  It was one of the few times I ever saw Freeman show some emotion.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 20, 2013, 02:26:57 AM

I believe freeman knows where his WOs are supposed to be. Even Vincent said as much after a game last season, admitting to being out of place. It's one of his better qualities.

However, he still likes to thread the needle and eyeball his target. On any given play, he knows who is going where, but in sullivan's playbook having so many different routes going left from right, or right to left has exasserbated the problem a little bit.

Mentally, it's much easier to stare down the target when you believe it's at an advantage from the snap (VJ on some chump/ islands/ defense unprepared) to thread the needle, but when you don't know 100% if your secondary or third option are going to be in the right place, it's almost becomes nessessary to eyeball someone.

I have no problem with freeman finding his huckleberry, but he has to pump fake, roll out, basically do something to throw them off the scent. One thing that would deffenately help free, is if he absolutely knew for a fact where his wideouts are halfway through the play.
: May 20, 2013, 02:33:16 AM Benchwarmer#1

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 20, 2013, 07:20:48 AM

I have no problem with freeman finding his huckleberry, but he has to pump fake, roll out, basically do something to throw them off the scent. One thing that would deffenately help free, is if he absolutely knew for a fact where his wideouts are halfway through the play.

Something sooo simple that would make such a huge difference, yet I think I've seen him pump fake like twice in four years.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 20, 2013, 09:32:42 AM

OTA's start today?

Very impatient to see what comes in Training Camp... but I'll take what I can get for now.

that 3rd receiver spot should be interesting.

I'm pretty certain that Spence will win the NT spot.

No confidence in our TE corps...  Although I like Landri.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 20, 2013, 09:34:53 AM

Something sooo simple that would make such a huge difference, yet I think I've seen him pump fake like twice in four years.

Really? That many?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 20, 2013, 09:35:47 AM

lol - I remember two too...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 20, 2013, 11:55:57 AM

He produced in one game.  After that, you don't know whether we was called on or not.  He could just as easily have been called on for the other 15 games and never produced as not been "called on" at all.

He produced in 3 games. NYG, Tampa Bay, and Atlanta. In those 3 games he got over 3 receptions. When you have Bryant, Witten, and Austin your not getting called on. Other than that Ogletree is twice the size of Underwood and I believe he has a lot more talent.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 20, 2013, 11:56:18 AM

If he can't beat out a very average 31 year old Gary Gibson for the spot, then it's not a good sign.
: May 20, 2013, 11:58:59 AM JDouble

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#28 : May 20, 2013, 12:04:53 PM

If he can't beat out a very average 31 year old Gary Gibson for the spot, then it's not a good sign.
its not a bad one either.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#29 : May 20, 2013, 12:05:36 PM

Glad some of you feel good about Smith, Underwood, and Ogletree as our WR depth. Personally, I don't think we our any better off now, than we were with guys like Stroughter, Benn, Parker, and Briscoe. Fingers crossed Mike and Vincent stay healthy.
Agreed

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs seek answers as workouts near « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools