Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the Bucs thin at LB ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#45 : May 15, 2013, 03:44:47 PM

The "problem" is not at SAM or MLB.   Because of what is asked of David, it is what would happen to our D if he went down.  He plays the WILL in the base, plays all nickle, every dime, 3-2 and 4-1, and gets the call from the sidelines.

It only makes it worse that "depth" is filling one of the starting spots.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : May 15, 2013, 05:16:32 PM

The "problem" is not at SAM or MLB.   Because of what is asked of David, it is what would happen to our D if he went down.  He plays the WILL in the base, plays all nickle, every dime, 3-2 and 4-1, and gets the call from the sidelines.
is that similar to asking what would happen to the Broncos if von miller went down?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#47 : May 15, 2013, 05:31:52 PM

is that similar to asking what would happen to the Broncos if von miller went down?

Fair question.    But it's one reason I think we have to look at someone like Jonathan Brown from Illinois in next year's draft, round 2.    I think he could do just what David does (not saying as well, but the same role), and with a healthy David, could play nickle, dime, and challenge at Mike.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#48 : May 15, 2013, 06:59:05 PM

...or we could have just signed Michael Clay after the draft. Just saying.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#49 : May 15, 2013, 07:38:03 PM

poor mans casillas?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#50 : May 15, 2013, 09:48:23 PM

Shoot. I realize college play doesn't always translate to the NFL....but Michael Clay's game tape looks 1000x better than Casillas. Clay is under sized (5'11" 230lbs) and ran a slow 40....hence the undrafted free agent tag....but watch him play and he honestly reminds me of a Lavonte David type player. I'll be watching him in Miami. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the active roster there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKjWHNECUKs
: May 15, 2013, 09:54:53 PM JDouble

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#51 : May 16, 2013, 07:14:55 AM

Shoot. I realize college play doesn't always translate to the NFL....but Michael Clay's game tape looks 1000x better than Casillas. Clay is under sized (5'11" 230lbs) and ran a slow 40....hence the undrafted free agent tag....but watch him play and he honestly reminds me of a Lavonte David type player. I'll be watching him in Miami. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the active roster there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKjWHNECUKs

LOL. It cracks me up how you fall in love with these UDFA's .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#52 : May 16, 2013, 07:24:46 AM

poor mans casillas?

Poor man's poor man.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#53 : May 21, 2013, 03:54:04 PM

Watson really is beastly. Sure wish he'd live up to his potential and explode this year. Would be huge for us.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the Bucs thin at LB ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools