Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the Bucs thin at LB ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#45 : May 15, 2013, 03:44:47 PM

The "problem" is not at SAM or MLB.   Because of what is asked of David, it is what would happen to our D if he went down.  He plays the WILL in the base, plays all nickle, every dime, 3-2 and 4-1, and gets the call from the sidelines.

It only makes it worse that "depth" is filling one of the starting spots.

Hoist the Battleflag

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : May 15, 2013, 05:16:32 PM

The "problem" is not at SAM or MLB.   Because of what is asked of David, it is what would happen to our D if he went down.  He plays the WILL in the base, plays all nickle, every dime, 3-2 and 4-1, and gets the call from the sidelines.
is that similar to asking what would happen to the Broncos if von miller went down?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#47 : May 15, 2013, 05:31:52 PM

is that similar to asking what would happen to the Broncos if von miller went down?

Fair question.    But it's one reason I think we have to look at someone like Jonathan Brown from Illinois in next year's draft, round 2.    I think he could do just what David does (not saying as well, but the same role), and with a healthy David, could play nickle, dime, and challenge at Mike.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#48 : May 15, 2013, 06:59:05 PM

...or we could have just signed Michael Clay after the draft. Just saying.

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#49 : May 15, 2013, 07:38:03 PM

poor mans casillas?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#50 : May 15, 2013, 09:48:23 PM

Shoot. I realize college play doesn't always translate to the NFL....but Michael Clay's game tape looks 1000x better than Casillas. Clay is under sized (5'11" 230lbs) and ran a slow 40....hence the undrafted free agent tag....but watch him play and he honestly reminds me of a Lavonte David type player. I'll be watching him in Miami. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the active roster there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKjWHNECUKs
: May 15, 2013, 09:54:53 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#51 : May 16, 2013, 07:14:55 AM

Shoot. I realize college play doesn't always translate to the NFL....but Michael Clay's game tape looks 1000x better than Casillas. Clay is under sized (5'11" 230lbs) and ran a slow 40....hence the undrafted free agent tag....but watch him play and he honestly reminds me of a Lavonte David type player. I'll be watching him in Miami. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the active roster there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKjWHNECUKs

LOL. It cracks me up how you fall in love with these UDFA's .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#52 : May 16, 2013, 07:24:46 AM

poor mans casillas?

Poor man's poor man.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#53 : May 21, 2013, 03:54:04 PM

Watson really is beastly. Sure wish he'd live up to his potential and explode this year. Would be huge for us.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the Bucs thin at LB ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools