Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Madden 25 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#45 : May 21, 2013, 09:53:09 AM

DLC is not only on consoles, its on PC too. I refuse to buy any and it should be criminal to release DLC the same day the game comes out. Honestly DLC all together should be illegal and these companies wonder why people pirate games. I will continue to pirate my Madden copy till its worth my money.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#46 : May 21, 2013, 11:31:54 AM

DLC is not only on consoles, its on PC too. I refuse to buy any and it should be criminal to release DLC the same day the game comes out. Honestly DLC all together should be illegal and these companies wonder why people pirate games. I will continue to pirate my Madden copy till its worth my money.
EA is already in a world of trouble for overpricing games once they got the exclusive rights. Some petition or something where you were eligible for like a 5 dollar rebate on all EA football games you've bought since like 05 (I think that was the last 2k football, with TO on the front).

EAs online servers are infinitely better than 2Ks but honestly I prefer to play my friends and fantasy draft and see an ever changing or improving product from year to year. I mean looking at 2K's basketball games, the graphics improve 10 fold every year and every 3 or so improve incredibly noticable. This year they added a new dribbling mechanism to the game that has made it a better product. They've done all this while keeping franchise/association to the basics with subtle improvements or additions.

Meanwhile, EA kills fantasy draft, kills imported players (not that that system was any good anyway, jacked up shoulder pads in all), makes it impossible to alter or edit your character in the career mode, but guess what, you can do something confusing online leaderboard thing and check things from your computer!

Hate this new internet age of gaming. Only reason I go online is to get rosters or play a friend from back home (up in Michigan currently).

Done venting: EA sucks

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : May 21, 2013, 04:02:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JxE5MaKuCEc

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#48 : May 21, 2013, 10:42:33 PM

EA is already in a world of trouble for overpricing games once they got the exclusive rights. Some petition or something where you were eligible for like a 5 dollar rebate on all EA football games you've bought since like 05 (I think that was the last 2k football, with TO on the front).

EAs online servers are infinitely better than 2Ks but honestly I prefer to play my friends and fantasy draft and see an ever changing or improving product from year to year. I mean looking at 2K's basketball games, the graphics improve 10 fold every year and every 3 or so improve incredibly noticable. This year they added a new dribbling mechanism to the game that has made it a better product. They've done all this while keeping franchise/association to the basics with subtle improvements or additions.

Meanwhile, EA kills fantasy draft, kills imported players (not that that system was any good anyway, jacked up shoulder pads in all), makes it impossible to alter or edit your character in the career mode, but guess what, you can do something confusing online leaderboard thing and check things from your computer!

Hate this new internet age of gaming. Only reason I go online is to get rosters or play a friend from back home (up in Michigan currently).

Done venting: EA sucks
I've already filed for that 5 dollars or whatever and never got a response.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#49 : May 22, 2013, 07:21:44 AM

Madden has been highway Robbin good citizen gamers for years.

They should be ashamed for slacking in this day and age.

Indeed, EA sucks azz...in regards to madden anyway.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#50 : May 22, 2013, 07:24:24 AM

There is plenty I hate about Madden and EA in general.....but most of you are over the top with the complaints. I know it isn't like playing football on the hollo-deck.....but it has come a long way and is a pretty freaking amazing football simulation. Some of you act like it's Atari 2600.

ingey1968

Starter

#51 : May 22, 2013, 07:29:15 AM

lol. I still buy it every  year. It is getting better..

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#52 : May 22, 2013, 08:24:43 AM

It is basically the same product from 2009. Think about the money spent on Madden over the last decade. It is a shame the game is not evolving.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#53 : May 22, 2013, 08:46:59 AM

The new engine and AI did make a big difference last year. I hated it at first too, but it grew on me. It is not the same as 2009 anymore. Lots of little changes like no more LBs jumping 10ft straight up for interceptions, no more long animations that force you to go out of bounds, being able to cancel play action at the snap of the ball, two dozen ball trajectories instead of just a lazer or a lob. Increased the catch animations ten fold, and drastically improved defensive coverage AI. The list goes on and it really is making a difference. This year it looks like the running game is getting overhauled to give you much more control over the runner and a runner will now automatically put his arm out and guide himself around a blocker rather than run into the blocker and fall down. They have also said they worked out the bugs and greatly improved the effect of mass of players this year, so big guys will plow through smaller defenders and little guys will get crushed.

I usually a hater because for a while there it seemed like there was no improvement. In fact they seem to go backwards for a 3 or 4 year period. But I think they made some serious leaps and bounds over the last couple years and with the next gen systems I expect the progress to continue.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#54 : May 22, 2013, 10:26:27 AM

Fingers crossed to that Jsquared. ↗

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#55 : May 22, 2013, 10:32:46 AM

I like the fact that EA is building their own engine for their sports games. I hope that will alleviate a lot of these issues.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#56 : May 22, 2013, 01:48:41 PM

The new engine and AI did make a big difference last year. I hated it at first too, but it grew on me. It is not the same as 2009 anymore. Lots of little changes like no more LBs jumping 10ft straight up for interceptions, no more long animations that force you to go out of bounds, being able to cancel play action at the snap of the ball, two dozen ball trajectories instead of just a lazer or a lob. Increased the catch animations ten fold, and drastically improved defensive coverage AI. The list goes on and it really is making a difference. This year it looks like the running game is getting overhauled to give you much more control over the runner and a runner will now automatically put his arm out and guide himself around a blocker rather than run into the blocker and fall down. They have also said they worked out the bugs and greatly improved the effect of mass of players this year, so big guys will plow through smaller defenders and little guys will get crushed.

I usually a hater because for a while there it seemed like there was no improvement. In fact they seem to go backwards for a 3 or 4 year period. But I think they made some serious leaps and bounds over the last couple years and with the next gen systems I expect the progress to continue.

You're lb's didn't jump up.... crap, i guess it's on me then. 1 or 2 ints every couple games were direct result of my receivers running slants across the middle, and the lb would be trailing one wr, only to then catch the ball 5 yards behind him while seemingly still running away from the ball, or to break that coverage and run downfield to int/breakup  a pass no where near him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#57 : May 22, 2013, 04:27:24 PM

I haven't had a problem. If they aren't looking at the QB you can actually throw a laser right over their head. I've even been using the back shoulder throw quite effectively. Gotta use that "total control" to lead your receiver.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#58 : May 22, 2013, 06:50:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGJDqL9N2c8

Doug Martin and Trey Wingo talk Madden, and Martins go to move on the field.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#59 : May 22, 2013, 10:01:47 PM

Yeah but I don't really care about having 12 different zip passes if I can't do a fantasy draft, can't play on multiple consols (like the new Xbox is rumored), and have seen franchise and superstar modes go to crap over the years.

Seriously, in superstar's first year, the menu took place in a house/apartment thing and you worked your way up and I always thought that was cool. You paid money to get tattoos or haircuts. Stuff like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Madden 25 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools