Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Smith runs the pistol. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#15 : May 21, 2013, 03:09:34 PM

The bottom line is that the "Pistol" hasn't won anything yet. Not a national Championship or Super Bowl.

I would choose to stick with proven winners. You can't convince me that a team can stock up on crappy QBs
just to run this offense and expect to win a SB.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 21, 2013, 03:40:44 PM

The bottom line is that it's not some gimmick scheme. As stated multiple times in this thread, it's a formation. It absolutely does not require a mobile QB to run it. Brady or Manning could use this formation and be successful in it.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 21, 2013, 04:07:38 PM

The bottom line is that the "Pistol" hasn't won anything yet. Not a national Championship or Super Bowl.

I would choose to stick with proven winners. You can't convince me that a team can stock up on crappy QBs
just to run this offense and expect to win a SB.
The bottom line is that it's not some gimmick scheme. As stated multiple times in this thread, it's a formation. It absolutely does not require a mobile QB to run it. Brady or Manning could use this formation and be successful in it.
+1

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#18 : May 22, 2013, 12:50:53 AM

Please let me know how your pistol pans out this season...I'll be waiting.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 22, 2013, 12:55:13 AM

You should not have said that. This will be bump worthy big time!!!!

I am curious though, what is your gripe with the pistol formation?

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 22, 2013, 11:49:52 AM

Wow, what a **CENSORED**bag post.

It all depends who runs it. The 49ers, Seahawks and Redskins all run the pistol. But they use it for the ability to run zone reads and option plays. That's not what we are talking about when you talk about Alex Smith running the pistol offense.

So far the only NON OPTION AND ZONE READS PISTOL in the NFL is in Kansas City, and lets not judge the potential successrate of the Pistol because the team that had the first pick in the draft didn't win the superbowl running it.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#21 : May 22, 2013, 01:04:32 PM

I said it and mean it. I don't have to agree with people here because the "majority" say it's so.

Like I said, when these QBs start to really get clocked, teams will start rethinking things.

Then, someone brings up the fact that "you can load up and plug any ole QBs to run this pistol."

I don't agree with it that's all and I will be looking forward to the bump, IF it ends up that way.

Example: Take RG3 and the clean hit that Barron laid on him last season. That was earlier in the season and
I would not want my franchise QB taking those unnecessary hits over a 16 game season. There is a reason that
coaches are telling QBs to slide. NFL defenses lick their chops for clean hits on a QB and it is a known fact.
: May 22, 2013, 01:09:38 PM Timbuc2

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#22 : May 22, 2013, 01:11:41 PM

Wow, what a **CENSORED**bag post.

It all depends who runs it. The 49ers, Seahawks and Redskins all run the pistol. But they use it for the ability to run zone reads and option plays. That's not what we are talking about when you talk about Alex Smith running the pistol offense.

So far the only NON OPTION AND ZONE READS PISTOL in the NFL is in Kansas City, and lets not judge the potential successrate of the Pistol because the team that had the first pick in the draft didn't win the superbowl running it.

Calm down, You are funny...

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 22, 2013, 04:38:43 PM

I said it and mean it. I don't have to agree with people here because the "majority" say it's so.

Like I said, when these QBs start to really get clocked, teams will start rethinking things.

Then, someone brings up the fact that "you can load up and plug any ole QBs to run this pistol."

I don't agree with it that's all and I will be looking forward to the bump, IF it ends up that way.

Example: Take RG3 and the clean hit that Barron laid on him last season. That was earlier in the season and
I would not want my franchise QB taking those unnecessary hits over a 16 game season. There is a reason that
coaches are telling QBs to slide. NFL defenses lick their chops for clean hits on a QB and it is a known fact.
You still don't understand what the Pistol is.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 22, 2013, 05:15:14 PM

Timbuc, you don't need a running QB for the pistol. It's a formation, simple as that. It is more effective with a mobile QB, but can be run with anyone. It's not the "option". You can run the option from it, just like in gun, or from under center.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Smith runs the pistol. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools