Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Spence......Im not going to back down from anybody" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 21, 2013, 09:57:50 AM

Holy **CENSORED**, I didn't even realize that the Bucs only have one guy over 30 on the roster. That's unreal.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 21, 2013, 10:23:56 AM

Holy **CENSORED**, I didn't even realize that the Bucs only have one guy over 30 on the roster. That's unreal.
I didn't know that either.. That's amazing

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 21, 2013, 10:24:12 AM

Now he was this strong in college, and wasn't an overwhelming obstacle for much smaller, weaker players.

It's his technique that keeps getting picked on, so hopefully they can give him proper guidance on how to maximize that leverage. I think he will end up being a vanilla run stuffer, but that is pretty much all the defense requires out of him. That and getting punched in the mouth every down by two NFL beefies.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 21, 2013, 10:33:42 AM

I believe with the technique training he'll get from this staff will make him a true beast.   Reminds me of Geno Atkins (without the advanced skillset.)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 21, 2013, 11:18:21 AM

sounds like this is not the guy whose seat you want to sit in during film study. Someone warn Mark Barron.
I love fights in practice and OTA, shows intensity

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 21, 2013, 01:06:34 PM

I didn't know that either.. That's amazing

Your boy will turn 30 in the middle of the season...which sticks because it always sucks to have a birthday while you are injured....

;)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 21, 2013, 01:11:57 PM

I like that this kid is nasty. We need some nastiness on the D-line.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 21, 2013, 01:13:52 PM

Atta boy Spence. Many have anointed this OL as elite, even though they have shown nothing close to that level. They have just as much to prove as you.

Get it.

Pre-season OTA #1 is not the place to do it. As a lineman you don't even try to prove much until at least the uppers go on. There is a line between wanting to prove yourself and being a dummy. Save it buddy, it's going to be a long pre-season.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 21, 2013, 01:18:07 PM

Please.

Players get in scuffles. I personally like the fire and attitude that he isn't going to back down. That attitude always welcome, whether in OTAs or on Sundays. Now if it comes out that he is taking cheap shots or being dirty, then that is a different story. This though, I love.

I like that this kid is nasty. We need some nastiness on the D-line.

Hell yes we do.

Get it, Spence.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 21, 2013, 01:18:10 PM

much ado about nothing.  it was the guys first NFL practice...either you go soft and get punked, or go too hard and get things feisty.  like he said, he's learning what speed to go out.  i like it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 21, 2013, 01:33:57 PM

Atta boy Spence. Many have anointed this OL as elite, even though they have shown nothing close to that level. They have just as much to prove as you.

Get it.

Pre-season OTA #1 is not the place to do it. As a lineman you don't even try to prove much until at least the uppers go on. There is a line between wanting to prove yourself and being a dummy. Save it buddy, it's going to be a long pre-season.

I disagree. First practice with the vets is exactly when you need to show them whats up. The trenches of an NFL game is a different world controlled by monsters of men. It's like the first day in prison. You find the biggest baddest guy you can find and you walk right up and knock his ass out. Zuttah is always said to be the strongest guy on the team....so Spence singled him out and let everyone know he is a grown ass man and he isn't taken sh!t from anyone. I like it. Wasn't crazy about this pick, but I like it a lot more already. Hopefully he contains that aggression to the field though.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 21, 2013, 01:38:52 PM

It's an intangible I hope Akeem can focus on our opponents in the future.

All he's got to do is polish his technique.   

This Dline (HEALTHY) has a high likelyhood of doing some damage this year.   Going to be another enjoyable aspect of the season to watch.  Especially in the division.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#27 : May 21, 2013, 02:45:41 PM

Hoping Spence is the real deal, but cool your jets man! No need to flex your muscles on the first day in shorts. Lets see what you got when you get into pads and work inside against  Nicks, Zuttah and Joseph. I think they will welcolme you to the NFL.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 21, 2013, 06:41:57 PM

I believe with the technique training he'll get from this staff will make him a true beast.   Reminds me of Geno Atkins (without the advanced skillset.)
not even close an athlete to Geno. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 21, 2013, 06:55:07 PM

Spence:  40-5.09, 20-2.81, 10-1.74, vertical-30", bench-37, broad-8'11", shuttle-4.72, 3 cone-7.82.

Atkins:   40-4.75, 20-2.64, 10-1.68, vertical-33", bench-34, broad-9'9", shuttle-4.43, 3 cone-7.33.

So you see, Atkins beats him in every category except bench and Atkins was no slouch in that.  Better than McCoy and Suh.  Why were those two considered top of first round talent and Atkins a 4th rounder?  He beats them in every measurable. 

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Spence......Im not going to back down from anybody" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools