Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Spence......Im not going to back down from anybody" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#45 : May 21, 2013, 09:53:01 PM

I like it.  The team as a whole needs more attitude.  If only #5 had more attitude.  If it takes a DL to add a little, I am all for it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Capt Kidd

Starter
#46 : May 21, 2013, 10:26:17 PM

Now don't get your panties in a wad, cuz I'm not comparing his talents to Sapp. But I will compare his attitude. As a rookie, Sapp was given **CENSORED** by Dotson for being a rookie and Sapps reply was  something like "If you were doing your job, they wouldn't have drafted me." 

I don't want to hear about him fighting his teammates every practice, or smashing somebody in the skull by swinging his helmet. But I love that he set the tone early by telling Zuttah that "I'm stronger than you".

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#47 : May 21, 2013, 11:34:54 PM

I'd be surprised if Spence even has 12.5 sacks in his whole career as a Buc (the same amount that Atkins got this year alone). Not because he will be a bad player, but he's not a pass rusher, and he's not playing a pass rushing position.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#48 : May 22, 2013, 07:51:35 AM

Spence doesn't need to be Atkins , he just needs to be slightly better than Roy Miller. 

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#49 : May 22, 2013, 08:50:51 AM

Spence doesn't need to be Atkins , he just needs to be slightly better than Roy Miller.
i don't think that's reasonable to expect in 2013.  Look, I got nothing against the kid.  He seems like a decent 4th round prospect to develop but I would have preferred to have keep Miller at the reasonable price he signed for and then see if Spence could take that job away from him in a year or two.  But for 2013 I think it's a step backward.  Not that Miller is the Bree's knees.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#50 : May 22, 2013, 09:26:59 AM

I think we have to wait and see which direction this goes...   Miller never had the attitude and we've got Spence onboard pretty cheap for 4 years.

Schiano said it himself, the position doesn't require a rocket scientist,  just a brute who has attitude and understands the system/concepts of the position.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#51 : May 22, 2013, 11:24:23 AM

Was Spence a Waterboy at one time?

flaitguy

Starter
#52 : May 23, 2013, 03:42:59 PM

I thought the knock was he didn't have quickness to get to the QB. If that were the case, he would seem to make a good guard.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Spence......Im not going to back down from anybody" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools