Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik apparently has a little evil genius in him « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

Hate

Hall of Famer
#105 : May 22, 2013, 09:11:59 PM

Butch.

Credentials?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#106 : May 22, 2013, 09:15:20 PM

Butch.

Credentials?

Cleveland Browns  lol

seriously, the guy had an awful record as a drafter/talent evaluator

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#107 : May 22, 2013, 09:18:31 PM

Butch Davis has been in big time scandals everywhere hes coached. Hes 2434 as a head coach in the NFL, with the Browns from 2000 to 2005.
He's had some good years in college, but to be honest when I look at his bio his most impressive thing is his coaching tree from his time at Miami including Greg Schiano, and Chuck Pagano

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#108 : May 22, 2013, 09:24:05 PM

Butch.

Credentials?

Cleveland Browns  lol

His second year in Cleveland they went to the playoffs.

Excellent record at Miami.   51-20

He even had North Carolina respectable.    Three straight bowl games after his first year.

So bottom line, what I take from that is, once he got his guys in place, they were winners.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#109 : May 22, 2013, 09:28:09 PM

He took Dennis Ericson's mess and sanctions, rebuilt the Hurricanes.  The year he left for Cleveland, they were National Champions.

My logo is bigger than your logo

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#110 : May 22, 2013, 09:30:40 PM

Butch Davis has been in big time scandals everywhere hes coached. Hes 2434 as a head coach in the NFL, with the Browns from 2000 to 2005.
He's had some good years in college, but to be honest when I look at his bio his most impressive thing is his coaching tree from his time at Miami including Greg Schiano, and Chuck Pagano

True, but what does that have to do with his football knowledge?   Sure he got busted for improper benefits, by allowing agents to woo his players with  gifts and cash.  Not exactly unheard of in college football.

And he provided tutors to his players, to keep them academically eligible.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#111 : May 22, 2013, 09:34:27 PM

Butch.

Credentials?

Cleveland Browns  lol

He even had North Carolina respectable.    Three straight bowl games after his first year.

So bottom line, what I take from that is, once he got his guys in place, they were winners.

ok and schiano had the #1 rush defense in the NFL last year, and had the offense ranked 9th overall..

im assuming that once his guys are in place on passD it will look a whole lot better.

why arent we showing any patience or cutting any slack for a first year defensive minded head coach that Oh By The Way lead the league in rushD in every major statistical category that Oh By The Way ranked DEAD LAST the year before. I think Schiano knows a thing or two about turning a unit around...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#112 : May 22, 2013, 09:37:30 PM

Butch.

Credentials?

Cleveland Browns  lol

ok and schiano had the #1 rush defense in the NFL last year, and had the offense ranked 9th overall..

im assuming that once his guys are in place on passD it will look a whole lot better.

why arent we showing any patience or cutting any slack for a first year defensive minded head coach that Oh By The Way lead the league in rushD in every major statistical category that Oh By The Way ranked DEAD LAST the year before. I think Schiano knows a thing or two about turning a unit around...

No doubt.   We were talking about Butch as a GM candidate, not HC candidate.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#113 : May 22, 2013, 09:39:49 PM

Butch.

Credentials?

Cleveland Browns  lol

No doubt.   We were talking about Butch as a GM candidate, not HC candidate.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#114 : May 22, 2013, 11:15:45 PM

No GM in history is/was perfect. If they were, there would be many more repeat champions...
      Being a genius is part long-term planner to be prepared $$$-wise for opportunities, part recognizing opportunity, part having the cajones to ACT on opportunities.
      LOL; A. Carr only was interested in Dallas, for whatever reason, and B. Carr is no Revis...
      No question the Jets did as well as they could. But, it was still a fleecing if Revis returns even close to his former level of play. No CB in this draft seemed likely to be the next Revis...
      And the Jets did NOT have to trade him. They made the choice to accept our #1; if it had been less, they prolly (JMO) would not have made the trade before the draft.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#115 : May 23, 2013, 06:54:51 AM

It isn't like Dominik had this plan in the 2012 offseason.
what exactly is Dom's plan?  Seems to me it was to build the team through the draft since that's how good teams like the Steelers do it.  Then when that hasn't worked it became to sign big free agents to cover for those mistakes.  Sure he has brought in some good talent that way because we had the cap room and needed to hit the salary floor but don't tell me a genius plan is behind it. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#116 : May 23, 2013, 07:17:56 AM

I think we had such a talent deficiency, he realized it would take an eternity to build only through the draft. All our great talent is around 30 years old though, so if we don't start drafting better....our shining FA toys will be done in a few years and we'll be right back to suckitude.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#117 : May 23, 2013, 08:55:37 AM

Butch Davis' draft history in Cleveland:

1. Gerard Warren (Butch overruled everyone else who wanted Richard Seymour)
2. Quincy Morgan
3. James Jackson

1. William Green (Butch's former college player Clinton Portis went to Denver in the 2nd round)
2. Andre Davis
3. Melvin Fowler

1. Jeff Faine
2. Chaun Thompson
3. Chris Crocker

1. Kellen Winslow, Jr. (Butch traded up ONE SPOT to pick him)
2. Sean Jones
4. Luke McCown

There's no way you can qualify his personnel decisions as anything less than a total disaster. Ironically, other than Chris Crocker the Bucs ended up with every one of his picks who didn't totally suck.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#118 : May 23, 2013, 09:00:51 AM

The guy can recruit st the college level but that means nothing.  He also did very little with all that talent he had at UNC.  Every year they had a handful of drsft able guys, mostly just athletes though. 

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#119 : May 23, 2013, 09:46:13 AM

Did Davis' picks pan out any worse than Dominik's?  I don't think so, but that's still a wait and see.

Since this is about Butch's credentials... what credentials did Dominik have?  Making his way up the ladder of a personnel department known to have had lousy drafts?

My logo is bigger than your logo
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik apparently has a little evil genius in him « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools