Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik apparently has a little evil genius in him « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 22, 2013, 08:41:04 AM

Let's see, make every free agent you sign one of the five highest paid players at a position whether they deserve it or not and trade all your 2nd round picks for 6-7th round picks two years later. And not make the playoffs in four years.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 22, 2013, 08:51:20 AM

If Dom was a real genius he would have just drafted a good CB which would have been cheaper short term and better for the team long term.  Having to trade two picks for a 28 year old vet is basically covering for your draft mistakes.  Perspective people.  Hell, he even failed with last year's big FA CB signing.

Jets did just that, got 4 years out off him, via trade they got back that 1st rounder they had to use on him, plus a nice compensation, but they would have gotten a 3rd rounder anyway, if they would have let him walk next year. Its not like Revis played on a small contract in NYJ either.
This is not what i call genius.
Now account for the bust rate of 1st round picks, because even if you are genius, you wont draft guys like Revis every year. ...Dom will not have drafted a bust in 1s round this year, lol.
: May 22, 2013, 08:53:26 AM QaZ

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 22, 2013, 08:55:09 AM

Nothing. He is complaining just to complain.

Failing to give due credit is cowardice. This Buc team is LOADED. Few pieces here and there...step at a time...exponential growth...learning from mistakes...etc.

This team is starting to feel more and more like the 49ers teams of 3-4 years ago. Seemingly talent all over but being held back by it's QB. I hope Freeman isn't our weak link but he was one of two issues that cost us games last year. I think we can all say that our shotty pass defense has been addressed adequately. Now it's Free's turn to develop into that consistent player.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 22, 2013, 08:59:16 AM

Well will ya look at that.... No matter what he does.. Fans mad. I never heard of such a thing.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 22, 2013, 09:04:04 AM

I'm not mad and I'm not a Revis hater.  Just not willing to call Dom a  "mad genius".  Had he been better at the draft we wouldn't have needed to trade two high picks for a 28 year old CB and pay him $16 mil a year. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 22, 2013, 09:06:05 AM

Hell, had he just spent a got more dollars last year for Brandon Carr instead of Eric Wright we probably wouldn't have needed to make this trade.  And it would have been far cheaper than Revis. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 22, 2013, 09:06:09 AM

If Dom was a real genius he would have just drafted a good CB which would have been cheaper short term and better for the team long term.  Having to trade two picks for a 28 year old vet is basically covering for your draft mistakes.  Perspective people.  Hell, he even failed with last year's big FA CB signing.

Yeah, all you have to do is throw a pick a high pick at a CB and you're set for 10 years, right Myron Lewis? Right Aqib Talib? Right Sabby Piscitelli?

A proven commodity in Revis is infinitely better than hoping Xavier Rhodes would be good enough to cover someone this year. We got a high pick at CB anyways, so what exactly are ya complaining about?
Whether it's easy to draft transcendent players or not, there's no other way to win the Super Bowl. It's part of the job description. If the Bucs had traded away their 1st round pick in 1995 for a "proven commodity" they would not have won the Super Bowl in 2002. No one says it's easy but that's the way it has to be done.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 22, 2013, 09:07:55 AM

I was kind of shocked at the statement as well...

He's getting better, and better.

I also like he is being innovative with contracts.   Leading the league in that segment lately.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 22, 2013, 09:12:38 AM

I'm not mad and I'm not a Revis hater.  Just not willing to call Dom a  "mad genius".  Had he been better at the draft we wouldn't have needed to trade two high picks for a 28 year old CB and pay him $16 mil a year.
What GM hits on all of his draft picks? You act as if its an exact science. He drafted appropriately and some of the players didnt pan out... That's the story for pretty much every GM that worked in the NFL.

Hell, had he just spent a got more dollars last year for Brandon Carr instead of Eric Wright we probably wouldn't have needed to make this trade.  And it would have been far cheaper than Revis. 

Brandon Carr wasn't going any where but Dallas, but lets continue to blame Dom for that.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#24 : May 22, 2013, 09:27:22 AM

over the last 2 years Dominik has been brilliant. someone mentioned it, hes getting better and better. from the way hes been drafting, and bringing in FA... innovative and ahead of the league on how hes structuring contracts under the new CBA. youngest team with arguably some of the best young talent, oh and btw still a fair bit under the cap. no one gets 100% of what they want 100% of the time. Not the owners/GMs/players and especially the fans.

we were a decent passD/and more consistent QB play away from making the playoffs. if the bucs had not traded for Revis, most of us would still be expecting a bubble type year(wondering if we can make it or not). With the way things happened youd have to be a total **CENSORED**-hater not be excited. expectations are real and it isn't just tampa, its league wide.

hate all the way up until the season, and then hate on every loss... if all your waiting around for is just to hate on **CENSORED**, its pathetic

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 22, 2013, 10:03:12 AM

If it was such a brilliant move why did the other 30 front offices in this league want nothing to do with it?  Even the Jets didnt want a "franchise CB".  We shall see if Dom is just smarter than everyone else. 

youngone

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 22, 2013, 10:08:37 AM

If it was such a brilliant move why did the other 30 front offices in this league want nothing to do with it?  Even the Jets didnt want a "franchise CB".  We shall see if Dom is just smarter than everyone else.
Cap space, need and cajones... We apparently had alot more than everybody else.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 22, 2013, 10:12:55 AM

Let's see, make every free agent you sign one of the five highest paid players at a position whether they deserve it or not and trade all your 2nd round picks for 6-7th round picks two years later. And not make the playoffs in four years.

lol, knew this thread would cause a stir

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 22, 2013, 10:15:53 AM

Coming out of the 2011 season we had the worst pass defense in the league.  Would you say it was a pretty foolish move not to have spent a day 1 or day 2 pick on a CB?  The only addition he made was to overpay for a mediocre FA.  The result was once again the worst pass defense in the league.  Dom put himself in that spot. 

devasher

Starter
#29 : May 22, 2013, 10:17:56 AM

I have a problem with the concept of 'bidding against yourself.'

Was any other team going to give the Jets their first round pick this year for an injured Revis let alone the 13th overall pick? No. Because as transparent as the negotiations were you didn't hear another team 'in it' and the Jets would've made sure to let that out if they were to drive up the price. The Jets were not going to pay 16 mil/yr to Revis, so they had to move-him or lose-him. So instead of giving up a 1st and 2nd next year and getting a 'Star' DT to pair with McCoy they give up the goods this year to appease the Jets when no one else would. I don't call that 'genius' I call that 'desperate.' But yes, we have Revis now,  and he came at a big price.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik apparently has a little evil genius in him « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools