Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik apparently has a little evil genius in him « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

youngone

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 22, 2013, 10:21:20 AM

Coming out of the 2011 season we had the worst pass defense in the league.  Would you say it was a pretty foolish move not to have spent a day 1 or day 2 pick on a CB?  The only addition he made was to overpay for a mediocre FA.  The result was once again the worst pass defense in the league.  Dom put himself in that spot.
A safety at #7, with that overpriced FA CB, and Talib. He made moves to improve it and it didn't work but lets go on like he didn't try.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 22, 2013, 10:21:38 AM

The Island trumps the ridiculous arguments. Revis will be back to form soon enough.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 22, 2013, 10:22:20 AM

I have a problem with the concept of 'bidding against yourself.'

Was any other team going to give the Jets their first round pick this year for an injured Revis let alone the 13th overall pick? No. Because as transparent as the negotiations were you didn't hear another team 'in it' and the Jets would've made sure to let that out if they were to drive up the price. The Jets were not going to pay 16 mil/yr to Revis, so they had to move-him or lose-him. So instead of giving up a 1st and 2nd next year and getting a 'Star' DT to pair with McCoy they give up the goods this year to appease the Jets when no one else would. I don't call that 'genius' I call that 'desperate.' But yes, we have Revis now,  and he came at a big price.
While Dominik has bid against himself on many occasions, I honestly believe the Jets would have just kept Revis if the Bucs weren't offering what they offered just to save face and not get raked for making such a lousy deal.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 22, 2013, 10:23:39 AM

Was any other team going to give the Jets their first round pick this year for an injured Revis let alone the 13th overall pick? No. Because as transparent as the negotiations were you didn't hear another team 'in it' and the Jets would've made sure to let that out if they were to drive up the price. The Jets were not going to pay 16 mil/yr to Revis, so they had to move-him or lose-him.
we probably could have gotten him for a 3th this year and a conditional 6th next year.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 22, 2013, 10:28:53 AM

Ridiculous.

You bag him, or you don't. He is a major player, elite beyond elite. All of you, STFU.

Appreciate what you have. You morons.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#35 : May 22, 2013, 10:34:24 AM

in 2011 we were also 21st in total offense... last year we were 9th, I guess Dom cant get any credit for Vjax, and Doug, huh. Or taking a chance on MikeW in the draft way back when or, actually creating a pretty solid O-Line, that now seems to have a ton of depth. Lets not forget the entire coaching staff overall that occurred in 2011. So I guess you aren't happy with just a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, the offense and now the defense. I guess you cant be happy with marquee players that sell not only in Tampa, but outside of Tampa like Doug(could be) or like Revis is.

We ended up with Revis, Goldson, Wright and Banks.  And you want.... (2011) Asomugha, Johnathan Joseph, Champ Baily? or (2012) Carlos Rogers, Cortland Finnegan, Brandon Carr

whats foolish here isn't Mark Dominik.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

youngone

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 22, 2013, 10:35:51 AM

in 2011 we were also 21st in total offense... last year we were 9th, I guess Dom cant get any credit for Vjax, and Doug, huh. Or taking a chance on MikeW in the draft way back when or, actually creating a pretty solid O-Line, that now seems to have a ton of depth. Lets not forget the entire coaching staff overall that occurred in 2011. So I guess you aren't happy with just a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, the offense and now the defense. I guess you cant be happy with marquee players that sell not only in Tampa, but outside of Tampa like Doug(could be) or like Revis is.

We ended up with Revis, Goldson, Wright and Banks.  And you want.... (2011) Asomugha, Johnathan Joseph, Champ Baily? or (2012) Carlos Rogers, Cortland Finnegan, Brandon Carr

This

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 22, 2013, 10:37:52 AM

It isn't like Dominik had this plan in the 2012 offseason.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 22, 2013, 10:59:51 AM

This

+1

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 22, 2013, 11:07:13 AM

Snore is putting words in my mouth to deflect my argument.  Plus 1 or this all you want but it doesn't change the fact Dum is far from a genius and is greatly responsible for this team having to hedge their bets on Revis.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 22, 2013, 11:18:02 AM

Was any other team going to give the Jets their first round pick this year for an injured Revis let alone the 13th overall pick? No. Because as transparent as the negotiations were you didn't hear another team 'in it' and the Jets would've made sure to let that out if they were to drive up the price. The Jets were not going to pay 16 mil/yr to Revis, so they had to move-him or lose-him. So instead of giving up a 1st and 2nd next year and getting a 'Star' DT to pair with McCoy they give up the goods this year to appease the Jets when no one else would. I don't call that 'genius' I call that 'desperate.' But yes, we have Revis now,  and he came at a big price.
While Dominik has bid against himself on many occasions, I honestly believe the Jets would have just kept Revis if the Bucs weren't offering what they offered just to save face and not get raked for making such a lousy deal.

How would getting a compensatory 3rd round pick in 2015 be considered "saving face"?  Had Dominik offered pick #47 and making the 3rd round pick next year firm instead of conditional, the deal would have gotten done anyway.  That's why Dominik isn't a genius.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#41 : May 22, 2013, 11:25:00 AM

hedging their bets? thats implying that the whole Revis deal can either be boom or a bust, and that the team rises or falls depending, I think anyone who isn't "dum" doesn't see it that way at all... In fact I see us building and getting stronger, in that are window of opportunity has only just began to open up. I also see a GM who is GENIUS enough not to jeopardize the future by restructuring existing players (Eric Wright) and creating new innovative high end contracts as to minimize the long term effects on the team (VJ, Revis)

We called Dominik a genius for his effort the last 2 years, and YOU called him "dum". I gave you examples of why we fill this way, and you create a fantasy about (the team hedging their bets on revis) and how we should of signed X player(s) one of two years ago.

I don't need to "deflect" your argument cause you have none, and you aren't convincing anyone here that you do- say a few haters butt hurt Tebow isn't on the team.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 22, 2013, 11:31:51 AM

Would hedging  his bets mean he has to hope his big acquisition pans out? Didn't Denver do that with Manning, Washington with RG3, ATL with Jones, NO with Brees and so on and so on.. Or is Dom the only "dumb" one to ever be in this situation?

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#43 : May 22, 2013, 11:34:27 AM

How would getting a compensatory 3rd round pick in 2015 be considered "saving face"?  Had Dominik offered pick #47 and making the 3rd round pick next year firm instead of conditional, the deal would have gotten done anyway.  That's why Dominik isn't a genius.

If you feel like you can negotiate getting a once in a generational player without giving up at least what Dom gave up then maybe you should be GM.

The cheaper you make the commodity the more available it becomes to everyone else. If we forced Jets hand at dropping the price for Revis, whose to say some other team doesn't step in and match us. And if you think were gonna win a bidding war for Revis, and pay LESS then we did your delusional. Someone said that 30 other teams didn't budge on Revis, well DUH 30, other teams didn't have it like we had it. But lets be clear about reality here, 30 other COACHES including Rex Ryan wanted Revis Island in there stadium.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 22, 2013, 11:37:50 AM

It is boom or bust.  Revis not only has to play at an elite level but the team has to be impacted enough to make a playoff run.  And I wouldn't expect more than 4 years of Revis so there  is a window to this trade.  These are the facts:  he is 28, he is making $16 mil a year, and we gave up the 13th pick in the draft and a 3rd rounder.  Anyone not dumb can figure out why what I said above is true. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik apparently has a little evil genius in him « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools