Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barron asked what he will gain most from his two new high-profile teammates « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 22, 2013, 08:43:43 PM

I am a bit concerned both safties are "in the box" players. Not saying thats all they can do but thats where they are most effective at this point.

Goldson is more of a center field type safety. He has something like 14 interceptions in his career.

I don't think Barron will reach that many picks in his whole career. Not knockin him, I like him.  But I think he is best suited playing close to the  LOS where he can knock the ^%$ out of opponents.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 23, 2013, 06:28:04 AM

Coverage?  We don't need no stinkin coverage.  We are number 1 against the run. 

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#17 : May 23, 2013, 06:38:12 AM

I can't remember the last time I was so psyched for a season to get started...   

You said the same thing before the 2009 season and again before the 2011 season.   Both seasons were disasters.
: May 23, 2013, 06:54:37 AM bassfisher

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

DejaVu

Starter

#18 : May 23, 2013, 06:39:42 AM

cant wait for week 1 against the dumpster fire of a franchise in NY.

What will you do if the Bucs lose that game?

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 23, 2013, 06:49:10 AM

Can't wait for the Bucs to best up on the worst team in the league!  Woot!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 23, 2013, 07:22:27 AM

I am a bit concerned both safties are "in the box" players. Not saying thats all they can do but thats where they are most effective at this point.

Goldson is more of a center field type safety. He has something like 14 interceptions in his career.

I don't think Barron will reach that many picks in his whole career. Not knockin him, I like him.  But I think he is best suited playing close to the  LOS where he can knock the ^%$ out of opponents.

Goldson is a good all around safety, but I don't think he is as good against the pass as some will promote him to be. He had a tendency to get burnt. He also had the luxury of having stellar players in front of him for the last few years. We shall see if he is truly a stud, or if he was just a product of his environment. I think coverage from both of our safeties is still slightly concerning, especially if Schiano is planning on heavily leaning on them vs the pass, as he has hinted this offseason.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 23, 2013, 07:32:48 AM

Anyone beside me already cringing at the sight of him wearing #23?

Not really ...I think it looks good on him.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 23, 2013, 08:34:00 AM

Anyone beside me already cringing at the sight of him wearing #23?

Not really ...I think it looks good on him.

It looks better on Myron.

...everything looks fantastic on Myron Lewis.

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 23, 2013, 09:35:36 AM

You said the same thing before the 2009 season and again before the 2011 season.   Both seasons were disasters.

and your point?  (rhetorical question)   back on block.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

DejaVu

Starter

#24 : May 23, 2013, 10:54:51 AM

and your point? 

Isn't it obvious?   You being psyched about the team is a bad omen.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 23, 2013, 10:59:22 AM

how could he gain anything? Players dont change. They are what we know they are.  I know that's true because I read it here.

No you didn't, Captain False Narrative.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 23, 2013, 04:47:23 PM

One Trick Pony.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 23, 2013, 05:07:06 PM

One Trick Pony.

That's a new one.

DejaVu

Starter

#28 : May 23, 2013, 05:22:39 PM

It's possible that Barron will have a Wayne Haddix type of season where his surrounding cast is so good that he falsely looks good by default.

BigSombrero1

Rookie

#29 : May 23, 2013, 05:33:56 PM

It's possible that Barron will have a Wayne Haddix type of season where his surrounding cast is so good that he falsely looks good by default.
Are you the guy that blasts Barron as a bad player even though its only his second year and his rookie season was actually decent?  Every Bucs forum has one.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barron asked what he will gain most from his two new high-profile teammates « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools