Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barron asked what he will gain most from his two new high-profile teammates « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 23, 2013, 06:27:36 PM

Someone got a new pony?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 23, 2013, 07:30:17 PM

Someone got a new pony?

lol

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 23, 2013, 08:22:22 PM

I am a bit concerned both safties are "in the box" players. Not saying thats all they can do but thats where they are most effective at this point.

Goldson is more of a center field type safety. He has something like 14 interceptions in his career.

I don't think Barron will reach that many picks in his whole career. Not knockin him, I like him.  But I think he is best suited playing close to the  LOS where he can knock the ^%$ out of opponents.

Goldson is a good all around safety, but I don't think he is as good against the pass as some will promote him to be. He had a tendency to get burnt. He also had the luxury of having stellar players in front of him for the last few years. We shall see if he is truly a stud, or if he was just a product of his environment. I think coverage from both of our safeties is still slightly concerning, especially if Schiano is planning on heavily leaning on them vs the pass, as he has hinted this offseason.

Well.....14 picks overall.  I don't think they were all the product of his environment.   And IIRC, a couple Pro Bowls mixed in there also.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 23, 2013, 09:25:08 PM

I am a bit concerned both safties are "in the box" players. Not saying thats all they can do but thats where they are most effective at this point.

Goldson is more of a center field type safety. He has something like 14 interceptions in his career.

I don't think Barron will reach that many picks in his whole career. Not knockin him, I like him.  But I think he is best suited playing close to the  LOS where he can knock the ^%$ out of opponents.

Goldson is a good all around safety, but I don't think he is as good against the pass as some will promote him to be. He had a tendency to get burnt. He also had the luxury of having stellar players in front of him for the last few years. We shall see if he is truly a stud, or if he was just a product of his environment. I think coverage from both of our safeties is still slightly concerning, especially if Schiano is planning on heavily leaning on them vs the pass, as he has hinted this offseason.

Well.....14 picks overall.  I don't think they were all the product of his environment.   And IIRC, a couple Pro Bowls mixed in there also.

You can still be vulnerable against the pass and have 14 picks. That is only 14 plays out of the several thousand where he has laced em up. I'm not trying to scoff at the picks. It's not unimpressive, but its hardly a representative of his entire play vs the pass. Eric Wright was horrible vs he Giants, the INT doesn't erase the bad plays he had that game. Is Goldson bad vs the pass? No. Is he excellent, or even good? That, I'm not so sure of. I would put him in the above average category vs the pass.
: May 23, 2013, 09:29:38 PM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 23, 2013, 09:30:49 PM

You can still be vulnerable against the pass and have 14 picks. That is only 14 plays out of the several thousand where he has laced em up. I'm not trying to scoff at the picks. It's not unimpressive, but its hardly a representative of his entire play vs the pass. Eric Wright was horrible vs he Giants, the INT doesn't erase the bad plays he had that game. Is Goldson bad vs the pass? No. Is he excellent, or even good? That, I'm not so sure of. I would put him in the above average category vs the pass.

2 Pro Bowl (2011, 2012)

All-Pro (2012)

NFC champion (2012)

Ranked #96 in the Top 100 Players of 2013

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 23, 2013, 10:08:55 PM

2 Pro Bowl (2011, 2012)

All-Pro (2012)

NFC champion (2012)

That's all fine and good. None of those 4 lines you typed proves what I said to be wrong. Overall he is a good player and worthy of the 3 personal accolades...but he isn't impervious to having weaknesses in his game.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 24, 2013, 03:01:58 AM

2 Pro Bowl (2011, 2012)

All-Pro (2012)

NFC champion (2012)

That's all fine and good. None of those 4 lines you typed proves what I said to be wrong. Overall he is a good player and worthy of the 3 personal accolades...but he isn't impervious to having weaknesses in his game.

Well, he did play starting safety for one of the best teams in the league, if not the best.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 24, 2013, 07:15:44 AM

Yes, he did. No one is denying that. He is a good safety. Doesn't mean that he can't have flaws in his play.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 24, 2013, 10:44:11 PM

Yes, he did. No one is denying that. He is a good safety. Doesn't mean that he can't have flaws in his play.

Who doesn't ?

I would assume Dom and company know his flaws and his strong points. And his strong points are what the team needs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barron asked what he will gain most from his two new high-profile teammates « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools