Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 1 Sanchez vs. Smith « previous next »
Page: 1

Goldson38

Rookie
: May 22, 2013, 04:27:12 PM

Watch out,

Mark Sanchez - QB - Jets
Mark Sanchez went 6-of-11 with three interceptions in Jets OTAs Wednesday.
One pass was picked off by UDFA DT Damon "Big Snacks" Harrison. Geno Smith wasn't much better, going 4-of-10 with a pick of his own. Coach Rex Ryan called Sanchez's display "unacceptable." The Jets' QB competition is going to get worse before it gets better.
Related: Geno Smith
Source: Newark Star-Ledger May 22

In the words of Bart Scott Can't Wait!!!!!!!

youngone

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 22, 2013, 04:31:49 PM

I think somehow or some way, our defense is going to score a touchdown week 1.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 22, 2013, 04:35:26 PM

Damon "Big Snacks" Harrison.

BEST. NICKNAME. EVER.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 22, 2013, 05:19:07 PM

Damon "Big Snacks" Harrison.

BEST. NICKNAME. EVER.

Took the words out of my mouth. I'm almost kinda jealous. Now I want my nickname to be "Big Snacks".

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

BigSombrero1

Rookie

#4 : May 22, 2013, 05:45:01 PM

We should win week 1 relatively easily.  It's a good game for us to get into the swing of the regular season.  They have no weapons on offense and a terrible QB.  Their defense isn't great either.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 22, 2013, 06:08:43 PM

Knowing our luck, Sanchez is going to come out hot and throw for 3 TDs.

BigSombrero1

Rookie

#6 : May 22, 2013, 06:17:53 PM

Knowing our luck, Sanchez is going to come out hot and throw for 3 TDs.
With the relative parity in the league anything is possible but, if we lose that game we are in for a rough season.

tmac87

Starter
#7 : May 22, 2013, 08:15:25 PM

3 Int's, but 0 for Revis as they don't even look his way. This'll be the 5th preseason game we always wanted!

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

BigSombrero1

Rookie

#8 : May 22, 2013, 08:28:19 PM

Looking like we need to start working on Spence's hands in preparation for this one.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 23, 2013, 09:55:57 AM

Please stop counting stats in an OTA drill, for gods sake

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

#10 : May 23, 2013, 12:27:19 PM

Please stop counting stats in an OTA drill, for gods sake

I can't wait to see how the players ratings in Madden change after the first week of OTAs!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 23, 2013, 12:51:56 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000205758/article/anonymous-jet-we-like-mark-sanchez-but-he-should-sit

Brace yourselves: The anonymous Jet has struck again. His target? Mark Sanchez.

CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman talked with yet another unnamed New York Jets player who told him this week, "Everyone on the team likes Mark personally but there's a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it's time to give someone else a chance."

The masked source estimated that 80 to 90 percent of roster agrees. Naturally, none of the players have gone on record with that sentiment.

Sanchez struggled through a disastrous Wednesday practice lowlighted by three interceptions and general chaos, a display coach Rex Ryan classified as "unacceptable" and a "disappointment."

The miscues conjure up Sanchez's 52 turnovers over the past two seasons, a statistic tied to the quarterback's fierce tumble from grace in Florham Park. Granted, Sanchez was without wideouts Santonio Holmes or Stephen Hill on Wednesday, but so was rookie Geno Smith (who, if you're keeping score, threw one pick of his own on a day that saw neither passer flourish).

The Jets have spoken optimistically about wrapping up the team's quarterback competition prior to training camp. That won't come easy, because Sanchez -- to be fair -- is still learning the team's new West Coast attack while Smith is still learning where the breakroom is.

Sanchez would benefit from a fresh start, but it doesn't matter what his unnamed teammates think: New York isn't about to part ways the guy -- who's guaranteed a bundlle of money this season -- until they're certain Smith can steer them out of the abyss.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 23, 2013, 12:57:41 PM

That anonymous jet is Greg McElroy lol

But seriously jets players run their mouths too much to the media... If you can't put your name behind it then you should just shut up.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 23, 2013, 04:55:42 PM

Apparently Sachs threw his WR's under the bus...   not good

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

ingey1968

Starter

#14 : May 23, 2013, 08:55:17 PM

all 1 of them?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 1 Sanchez vs. Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools