Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roger Goodell: Draft shifts to May « previous next »
Page: 1

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: May 22, 2013, 04:45:45 PM

Roger Goodell confirmed Tuesday at the NFL's spring meetings in Boston that the draft will be moved to May in 2014, sometime between the 8th and 17th of the month.

Goodell said the change was needed next year because the venue, Radio City Music Hall, will host an Easter show in April.

"At this late stage, for us to do it the right way, we don't see having any choice but to move the date," he said.

However, Goodell said he expects the draft to remain in May, with other adjustments to the NFL's calendar, including the dates for the combine and the opening of free agency, to be discussed with the players' union.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9301153/roger-goodell-confirms-nfl-draft-moving-2014

tmac87

Starter
#1 : May 22, 2013, 04:53:30 PM

"Because of an Easter show"... lolz.. Regardless of anything going on, they wanted a May draft and were going to make it happen. Why the added BS Roger... just why? lol

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 22, 2013, 10:19:02 PM

Yeah that is weak. Blaming the Easter Bunny? Better watch what he puts in your basket, Rodge.

In Verner We Trust

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 23, 2013, 03:35:56 AM

Yeah sure...not only that but May is the middle of the ratings period for television. I am sure ESPN and NFL Network are loving this to help boost their ratings during sweeps. This is all about money...nothing else. You are telling me that Radio City Music Hall would have booked something else when they know the NFL draft is held around the same time each year. This was all part of the plan for the NFL to "be forced" to move the draft.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 23, 2013, 06:19:18 AM

This is just a way for the NFL to get attention 12 months out of the year.  It's smart I guess for that reason but I don't like it.  I can barely wait to April as it is. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 23, 2013, 07:32:39 AM

They should move the draft around to different cites. We do it with the Super Bowl...why not with the draft? All you need is a venue with a stage that can hold a few thousand people that has access to phones, internet, and a few tables here and there. Why not hold the draft in the city that has the #1 overall pick, or maybe even the team that wins the Super Bowl to act as a reward that could bring some extra $ to their city. It's not exactly fair to the fans fans of the other 30 teams that the Jets and Giants fans get the premier offseason event held right in their backyard.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 23, 2013, 08:15:01 AM

An extra month of jdoubles top 50 list?  Say it ain't so,  Roger!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 23, 2013, 03:07:51 PM

"Because of an Easter show"... lolz.. Regardless of anything going on, they wanted a May draft and were going to make it happen. Why the added BS Roger... just why? lol

If his lips are moving then he's lying...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 23, 2013, 03:18:40 PM

So the Chiefs didn't draft Eric Fisher?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

tmac87

Starter
#9 : May 23, 2013, 04:00:19 PM

So the Chiefs didn't draft Eric Fisher?

Wait... so it wasn't Sandcastle??

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

ingey1968

Starter

#10 : May 23, 2013, 10:40:17 PM

They should move the draft around to different cites. We do it with the Super Bowl...why not with the draft? All you need is a venue with a stage that can hold a few thousand people that has access to phones, internet, and a few tables here and there. Why not hold the draft in the city that has the #1 overall pick, or maybe even the team that wins the Super Bowl to act as a reward that could bring some extra $ to their city. It's not exactly fair to the fans fans of the other 30 teams that the Jets and Giants fans get the premier offseason event held right in their backyard.

+1

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 24, 2013, 08:01:34 AM

+ 2. Very interesting idea.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 24, 2013, 11:12:00 AM

Knowing Roger Goddell he will schedule the Draft around Mother's Day Weekend and screw all the male fans out of the Draft experience.

The whole path to the draft coverage is so overhyped now. Add in another week or two or three is nothing more than overkill.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#13 : May 24, 2013, 11:18:15 AM

This is just a way for the NFL to get attention 12 months out of the year.  It's smart I guess for that reason but I don't like it.  I can barely wait to April as it is.

Yeah that's what I'm saying...it's like a long extended jonesing of a crackhead....must have BUCS news
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roger Goodell: Draft shifts to May « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools