Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rank Vincent Jackson, among the best WR's in the league ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: May 23, 2013, 12:01:05 AM

Ranking The Top 10 Wide Receivers Going Into The 2013 Season

By Tim Gorman

May 17, 2013 5:02 pm

10. Danny Amendola, New England Patriots - I know this is a stretch and I could've went went someone like Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, or a Percy Harvin, but Amendola is headed to play in New England where he will be a part of that great offense where Wes Welker did so well.

Many compare Amendola to Welker but to me Amendola is a better athlete than Welker.

He is similar in his route running ability and his great hands that he possesses.

He has good change of speed to help separate him from the defense and will be in the slot where Welker did so well.

Look for him to come in a put up big numbers this season playing alongside the great Tom Brady.

9. Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Last year was Vincent Jackson's first year in Tampa Bay and was his best year so far in his career stat-wise, where he hauled in a career high 72 receptions for 1,384 yards, and 8 touchdowns.

Jackson is a big strong receiver who doesn't possess great speed but has great hands and with his big frame that allows him to go up and make a play on the ball.

With the Buccaneers having a pretty good offseason improving all around look for Vincent to make a bigger impact this season. 

8. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos - Demaryius is headed into his 4th season in the NFL and he has season an increase in his numbers every season and he and Peyton Manning seem to have a special connection out on the field.

Thomas caught 94 balls last season for 1,434 yards and 10 touchdowns which tops his first three seasons by far. Thomas is a big receiver who has a lot of speed to go with it and to top that off his route running has greatly improved.

Look for Thomas' numbers to increase again this year with him and Manning having a year under their belts together.

7. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys - Dez is also headed into his 4th season and is coming off of his best season so far pulling in 92 balls for 1,382 yards, and 12 touchdowns. Bryant is a very quick receiver with so much talent and potential that has not been touched yet. Look out for him next year to have big numbers and for years to come.

6. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons - White standing at 6'1" is not the fastest receiver in the game but what he does have is some of the best hands in the league. Year after year you can count on White to put over 1,000 yards receiving and he won't disappoint this year.

He caught over 90 passes last season and that is playing with one of the best young receivers in the game right now lined up on the other side of the formation.

5. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans - This pick may make a lot of fans mad considering he had 1,598 yards receiving last season but he is going in to his 11th season and but doesn't have that break away speed this late in his career.

He is still a great route runner and has great hands and will put up good numbers again this season.

I just feel with all the great young receivers right now that his spot in the top WR race is dropping a little.

4. Julio Jone, Atlanta Falcons - Julio stands at 6'3" and possesses great speed and hands and that just makes trouble for any opposing defender to try and shut down.

Julio is going into his third season has he has already proved that the move the Falcons made to move up in the draft to select him at No. 6 was well worth it. Look for Julio to put up even bigger numbers this season with that explosive offense in Atlanta.

3. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals - Green is another tall receiver standing at 6'4" with good speed, great hands, excellent route running, and great athleticism. He has done nothing but make plays since he has came in to the league two years ago with catching over 1,000 yards in both seasons so far.

2. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals - Fitzgerald is coming off of his worst season in his career since his rookie year back in 2004. But he played with a very bad group of quarterbacks and now that Carson Palmer has joined the team I really think Fitzgerald is going to burst right back onto the scene and show why he is the 2nd best receiver in the league.

1. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions - This is a no-brainer, Johnson is clearly the best receiver in the league after putting up huge receiving numbers with 1,964 yards, and the year before he had over 1,600 yards.

Johnson is standing at a big 6'5", 239 pounds, and possesses great speed and hands. He is still young and has a lot left in the tank. Look for him to possibly break the 2,000-yard receiving mark next season.

Wide Receivers who just missed the cut: Percy Harvin, Brandon Marshall, Michael Crabtree, Reggie Wayne.

http://www.footballnation.com/

youngone

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 23, 2013, 12:05:28 AM

I could name 20 WRs better than Danny Amendola. This dude must be smoking crack.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 23, 2013, 12:08:23 AM

I could name 20 WRs better than Danny Amendola. This dude must be smoking crack.

Yep. I'd also put VJ over Dez, Demaryius, and maybe Roddy White. VJ may not have blazing speed, but he was like top 3 for YPC last year I believe.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 23, 2013, 12:17:41 AM

Even if the writer is basing his ranking on projections, how the hell would Danny Amendola be ahead of Brandon Marshall, Harvin, Wayne, and at least 2 WRs from... And alot more proven #1's and 2's.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 23, 2013, 12:28:50 PM

#10: Victor Cruz
#9: Brandon Marshall
#8: Dez Bryant
#7: Demaryius Thomas
#6: Vincent Jackson
#5: Julio Jones
#4: AJ Green
#3: Roddy White
#2: Larry Fitzgerald
#1: Calvin Johnson

youngone

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 23, 2013, 12:43:36 PM

Victor Cruz over Hakeem Nicks?

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 23, 2013, 12:45:37 PM

I think Julio has to be over Roddy now.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 23, 2013, 12:55:11 PM

Id have Vjax at around 6. I remember ranking him pretty high before he was on the Bucs, so I know its not homerism.

and why is amendola on that list?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 23, 2013, 01:01:37 PM

Yup. More dynamic playmaker, IMO.

I think Julio has to be over Roddy now.

Maybe in a year or two...but White is still the undeniable #1 on that team. He may not have the physical ceiling that Julio has, but he is a more polished and complete WR.
: May 23, 2013, 01:04:40 PM chace1986

yvespo

Rookie

#9 : May 23, 2013, 01:04:39 PM

Where do you have Andre Johnson?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 23, 2013, 01:10:18 PM

I would say more reliable playmaker but Nicks is a nightmare.... We were all witnesses.

Where is the guy who said VJax isn't better than Marquez Colston? That's always good for a laugh.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 23, 2013, 01:12:23 PM

A touch overrated.. I'm a Andre Johnson fan but truthfully he hasn't done anything for like two and a half years now.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 23, 2013, 01:14:59 PM

I would say more reliable playmaker but Nicks is a nightmare.... We were all witnesses.

Where is the guy who said VJax isn't better than Marquez Colston? That's always good for a laugh.

Uh..Cruz absolutely torched us as well.

11-13 range

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 23, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Andre's skill level has dropped quite a bit.

Nice list, Chace.  I'd move Roddy down a few notches and probably have Nicks over Cruz, but solid list.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 23, 2013, 01:51:05 PM

Right here... and I still feel that way.

Colston in 5 less games has about 180 more catches, 1200 more yards, and 13 more TD's.  If Jackson played for the Saints and Colston was on the Chargers and came here, you'd be saying that Colston was better.  You're just a homer and are bitter against the Saints.
: May 23, 2013, 01:54:54 PM TBayXXXVII
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rank Vincent Jackson, among the best WR's in the league ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools