Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Goodell will try anything to improve the Pro Bowl « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : May 23, 2013, 12:02:24 AM »

Goodell will try anything to improve the Pro Bowl

FoxSports.com

May 21st, 2013 at 3:05 pm

First it was playing it on the mainland. Then the NFL commissioner considering scrapping the Pro Bowl altogether. Now, it looks like the NFL is willing to try it playground-style. According to Pro Football Talk, Goodell is considering having team captains pick the teams.

Can you imagine it? Peyton Manning picking for the AFC, while his brother Eli selects the NFC side (minus his daughter in the photo of course.)

So, what was once an All-Star Game full of willing participants in the sun and glow of Hawaii could turn into playground football.

This new format could happen as soon as this coming season, as Goodell is discussing this issue along with many others at the NFL Spring Meeting in Boston.

Hey, are any of you getting flashbacks to your days back in elementary school? Remember? Standing there sweating during your 20 minutes of recess, hoping that either Sean or Michael picks you before the player pool shrinks to you, the kid with Forrest Gump leg braces.

Speaking of which, if this new format actually goes through, what position would go first? Would you take an Adrian Peterson? Maybe a Calvin Johnson? Do you go defense with Patrick Willis or Aldon Smith?

Personally, we here at Laces Out would draft all offensive linemen. Then we’d make sure our squads was “skins” instead of “shirts.” Let’s let the people really get a close, jiggly look at what really goes on in the trenches.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #1 : May 23, 2013, 01:43:16 AM »

They should bring back all the competitions they use to have. Those were entertaining to watch.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #2 : May 23, 2013, 03:33:22 AM »

The skills challenges were definitely cool. Not going to hawaii every year is dumb as well. Theyve done so much to improve it that theyve forgotten what theyve taken out. Guys barely trying just kills it.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 23, 2013, 08:36:14 AM »

Can we add " Tweeting While Blind-folded " to the skills competition ? I think its only fair if we give Geraldini a competition he actually has a chance to win ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 23, 2013, 09:21:53 AM »

Yeah, I'd watch the hell out of a skills competition.

Which quarterback can throw the farthest?  Or with the most velocity?

Which skill position player is fastest over forty yards?  Over 100?  In pads?

Which offensive lineman can dunk a basketball?

Etc, etc, etc...

gone

Hall of Famer
« #5 : May 23, 2013, 07:24:20 PM »

Two words:

Topless Cheerleaders

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #6 : May 23, 2013, 07:59:05 PM »

The skills challenges were definitely cool. Not going to hawaii every year is dumb as well. Theyve done so much to improve it that theyve forgotten what theyve taken out. Guys barely trying just kills it.

Just dont ask Josh to participate in a moving target drill.. Watching that a cpl years ago at the night practice was pathetic.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #7 : May 23, 2013, 08:13:53 PM »

Seems like a dumb idea, but I guess they are desperate for ideas to improve the game.  I have said all along,  just name the All-Pros, and that is the end of it. No game necessary.

Even if they had no game, but skills competition, the chance is still there that somebody could get seriously hurt.  Years ago, a RB, I think he was a Patriot, tore up his knee bad in the sand.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tracktion

Second String

« #8 : May 23, 2013, 09:15:58 PM »

Yeah, I'd watch the hell out of a skills competition.

Which quarterback can throw the farthest?  Or with the most velocity?

Which skill position player is fastest over forty yards?  Over 100?  In pads?

Which offensive lineman can dunk a basketball?

Etc, etc, etc...

They should let the guys from Sports Science put it together.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #9 : May 23, 2013, 09:34:06 PM »

Seems like a dumb idea, but I guess they are desperate for ideas to improve the game.  I have said all along,  just name the All-Pros, and that is the end of it. No game necessary.

Even if they had no game, but skills competition, the chance is still there that somebody could get seriously hurt.  Years ago, a RB, I think he was a Patriot, tore up his knee bad in the sand.

Robert Edwards who tore every ligament in his knee, suffered nerve damage and almost had to have his leg amputated below the knee during surgery. All sustained in a flag football game. The original prognosis was that he might not walk normally again but he did end up playing again in the NFL and CFL.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 23, 2013, 09:42:26 PM »

Robert Edwards who tore every ligament in his knee, suffered nerve damage and almost had to have his leg amputated below the knee during surgery. All sustained in a flag football game. The original prognosis was that he might not walk normally again but he did end up playing again in the NFL and CFL.

Ya thats him, thanks. I couldn't recall his name because that was quite some time ago.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Goodell will try anything to improve the Pro Bowl « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools