Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF's Top 100 of 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« : May 23, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »

Four Buc's make the list.  Vincent Jackson was rated as their third best WR and McCoy as their second best DT. 

20. Gerald McCoy, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Unranked)

Finally, 2012 was the year we got to see McCoy on the field for an entire season and we were not left wanting. Our second-ranked defensive tackle, McCoy played better than his numbers would suggest, delivering plenty of pressure and penetration in the run game. A real every-down talent and it’s no surprise the Bucs’ defense looked a lot better with him on the field.

Best Performance: Week 14 versus Philadelphia, +7.3
Key Stat:  His 53 quarterback disruptions were the third-most for all defensive tackles.

27. Vincent Jackson, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Unranked)

After a couple of so-so years in San Diego there was some understandable concern about how much the Bucs paid Jackson, and whether he could live up to it. To say that he did would be an understatement. Despite some at times woeful quarterback play, Jackson bailed out his Josh Freeman with his ability to get downfield and make plays. The league’s premier deep receiver returns.

Best Performance: Week 2 at New York Giants, +4.1
Key Stat: Caught 17 passes of balls aimed over 20 yards in the air. Second-most in the league.

82. Lavonte David, LB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Unranked)

Another rookie makes the list, and it’s the super-aggressive David who does so. There aren’t many players in the league who have a nose for making tackles like David, who was seemingly always around the line of scrimmage making a name for himself. Overused as a blitzer and someone who gave up too many touchdowns, if he can iron out those issues he may be even higher next year.

Best Performance: Week 14 versus Philadelphia, +3.6
Key Stat: His 18 tackles for a loss were the second-most of any defensive player.

88. Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Unranked)

Quite the rookie year from the explosive Martin who would finish fifth in the league with 1,454 yards. What’s more impressive is that 1,005 of those came after initial contact, and it required him breaking 53 tackles to earn them. Equally dangerous with the ball in hand out of the backfield, the Bucs back wasn’t always 100% consistent, but he was always a threat.

Best Performance: Week 9 at Oakland, +4.1
Key Stat: Was the third-most elusive starting running back in the league this year.

The Full List https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/06/pffs-top-101-of-2012-the-full-list/

I don't remember this being posted, but if it was my apologies...

ingey1968

Starter

« #1 : May 23, 2013, 08:44:40 PM »

when i saw 11 guys above CJ , one being Andre Johnson and another being a guard, i stopped  paying attention

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #2 : May 23, 2013, 08:45:53 PM »

Nice.   Not too long ago we would have had no players on these type lists. 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 24, 2013, 08:40:47 AM »

What does PFF know?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #4 : May 24, 2013, 08:44:10 AM »

It knows how to use unpaid labor to create a product and then sell subscriptions to it.   ;)

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #5 : May 24, 2013, 08:50:18 AM »

What does PFF know?

You have to take these types of lists with a grain of salt. PFF is good at breaking down player performances by game but when you are talking rankings and stats there will always be factors missed.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #6 : May 24, 2013, 08:53:35 AM »

Ummm... seriously?

101. Blair Walsh, K, Minnesota Vikings

How does a kicker make a top 'anything' list?

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #7 : May 24, 2013, 10:03:53 AM »

Ummm... seriously?

101. Blair Walsh, K, Minnesota Vikings

How does a kicker make a top 'anything' list?

That dude is the real deal though, not even gonna argue it. Plus he's #101....if he was in the top 50 or something there would be something to talk about.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 24, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »

when i saw 11 guys above CJ , one being Andre Johnson and another being a guard, i stopped  paying attention

Why exactly? He had a sick year stats wise. What he always in the right position? Did he excel in run blocking? What mistakes did he make, was he so talented that he made up for those mistakes with size and speed?

I'm not saying these guys are right or wrong but don't get tricked into thinking the guy with the most yards is the best player. You guys tell me Freeman who has the most yards in passing yards and TDs for a single season is garbage. So choose one side or the other.

Stats are king or they aren't, cherry picking what makes your argument looks foolish.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #9 : May 24, 2013, 01:07:33 PM »

Stats are king or they aren't, cherry picking what makes your argument looks foolish.

And yet it happens here again and again.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #10 : May 24, 2013, 01:19:10 PM »

This roster has amazing talent. Nicks deserves placement in that list, I would say David is edging his way into it. Hopefully, Bowers makes a splash into that pool this season. They need it.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF's Top 100 of 2012 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools