Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Counting down the greatest coaches in NFL history ....# 1 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#60 : June 13, 2013, 11:26:32 AM

No buddy ryan? He always got the most out of his teams and every other coach did not look forward to playing his eagles.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#61 : June 13, 2013, 03:45:10 PM

Paul Brown was tough to judge, as most of his titles were not in the NFL. He was king of the old AAFC, though, before my time as a football fan. Even old AFL teams of the '60's weren't considered NFL until after the merger...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#62 : June 13, 2013, 06:37:21 PM

No buddy ryan? He always got the most out of his teams and every other coach did not look forward to playing his eagles.

Dude had a couple screws loose.  Who was that he punched out that time?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#63 : June 13, 2013, 06:42:50 PM

Lombardi didn't coach very long in the NFL and there wasn't much competition. Not like there is in this day and age.

Should be a pre free agency list and a post free agency list.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#64 : June 13, 2013, 11:05:56 PM

I can't argue with Lombardi.  He actually transcends all sports.  He is an all-time great among greats from all sports.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#65 : June 14, 2013, 07:43:32 AM

Just watched Lombardi bio on NFLN Wednesday eve. Lot of background I never knew.

I am old enough to remember him when he first came to the NFL.  He was a real SOB, but he was a winner.

When and where will the final list be published?
: June 14, 2013, 07:45:11 AM Uncle Stan

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#66 : June 14, 2013, 09:56:51 PM

Just watched Lombardi bio on NFLN Wednesday eve. Lot of background I never knew.

I am old enough to remember him when he first came to the NFL.  He was a real SOB, but he was a winner.

When and where will the final list be published?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/feature/index?page=greatestcoaches

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#67 : June 15, 2013, 08:20:45 AM

^^^^

Thanks.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#68 : June 15, 2013, 08:55:22 AM

I could name about 20 off the top of my head that would be more qualified than Dungy or Gruden.

Here's a few: Landry, Halas, Lombardi, Cowher, Johnson, Noll, Walsh, Parcells,  Madden, Flores, Gibbs, Lambeau, L. Saban, Knox, Ewbank, and Reeves.

Dungy was a helluva coach, maybe even as good as some of those you mentioned. The problem with him though, is longevity.  Most of those guys you mentioned, had pretty long NFL careers.  If Dungy was around longer, or started earlier, I think he would of scored even higher than #20.

Agreed..... and i'd venture to guess a lot of those older coaches wouldn't have been as successful in today's era of free agency.
Finally someone recognizes the game changer here....Free Agency....good catch Hate...OBD

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#69 : June 15, 2013, 10:31:26 AM

Then bill Belichick is the greatest coach of all time since he is the highest rated if the FA era ones. 

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Counting down the greatest coaches in NFL history ....# 1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools