Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kid arrested for planning to bomb school « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

: May 26, 2013, 04:10:40 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/26/us-usa-oregon-bombplot-idUSBRE94P0AA20130526

"Acord, a West Albany High School student, was arrested on Thursday night after police received a tip that he had produced a bomb and planned to detonate it at school. Carter said Acord was arrested at his mother's home in north Albany on Thursday evening without incident.

During a search of the residence, police officers found six home-made bombs, including pipe bombs, Molotov **CENSORED**tails and napalm bombs under the floorboards in the suspect's bedroom."

This along with the Boston marathon bombing definitely prove that guns are the problem, that without them mass killings would definitely disappear.
: May 26, 2013, 04:12:56 PM Escobar06

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 26, 2013, 05:57:35 PM

You are correct Escobar, just ban guns and all killing stops.  Add to that the stories lately of kids hanging themselves or jumping off bridges along with families being bludgeoned with knives.  Ban guns and all is fine.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 26, 2013, 06:38:20 PM

Make up an issue? What issue am I making up?

Also, I'm not pro-gun, I'm pro common sense. I don't own a gun and most likely never will.

Now go on and delete your post, champ.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 26, 2013, 06:43:02 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/26/us-usa-oregon-bombplot-idUSBRE94P0AA20130526

"Acord, a West Albany High School student, was arrested on Thursday night after police received a tip that he had produced a bomb and planned to detonate it at school. Carter said Acord was arrested at his mother's home in north Albany on Thursday evening without incident.

During a search of the residence, police officers found six home-made bombs, including pipe bombs, Molotov **CENSORED**tails and napalm bombs under the floorboards in the suspect's bedroom."

This along with the Boston marathon bombing definitely prove that guns are the problem, that without them mass killings would definitely disappear.

Holy Strawman Batman!!!

He was modeling his attack after Columbine.  Right now, someone is planning an attack like the Colorado movie theater massacre and like the  Boston Marathon bombing and like Sandy Hook.  That is what people do.  It takes a motivated person to build a bomb and plan that kind of event.  It only takes a credit card to buy an assault rifle. Most of the events that people will copy cat involved guns. Its not really that complicated.

It's one thing to be "pro-gun."  Its another thing to make ridiculous, tortured arguments in favor of your pro-gun view.  In fact, silly arguments like the one you raise above only serve to diminish what ever value there was in your pro-gun views. The fact that a kid is at home making bombs has nothing to do with 30,000+ lives lost a year in this country due to guns.  That should be obvious . . maybe not.
: May 26, 2013, 06:54:57 PM VinBucFan

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 26, 2013, 07:07:39 PM

And it should also be obvious that legal or illegal guns aren't going anywhere, it's been said non stop but you just don't seem to understand that concept. Even if every single gun were successfully confiscated, literally not one in existence in this entire country, people will just find other ways to do what they want to do. That's just a simple fact. Nobody commits crazy acts because guns exist, they do so because they are crazy...see how easy that is?

The sad thing is that if all guns were to disappear overnight, no amount of violence that took place afterwards would bother anti-gun loons one bit. You will all go to the grave believing that you "solved the problem". As long as violence takes place without guns, you'll believe everything worked out perfectly. Yes, you really are that loony.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 26, 2013, 07:08:27 PM

and to think... all i wanted at that age was some stinky finger

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 26, 2013, 07:13:53 PM

And it should also be obvious that legal or illegal guns aren't going anywhere, it's been said non stop but you just don't seem to understand that concept. Even if every single gun were successfully confiscated, literally not one in existence in this entire country, people will just find other ways to do what they want to do. That's just a simple fact. Nobody commits crazy acts because guns exist, they do so because they are crazy...see how easy that is?

The sad thing is that if all guns were to disappear overnight, no amount of violence that took place afterwards would bother anti-gun loons one bit. You will all go to the grave believing that you "solved the problem". As long as violence takes place without guns, you'll believe everything worked out perfectly. Yes, you really are that loony.

you either like to argue against your own strawman or youre from another planet? I have never seen an "anti-gun" person claim that in the absence of guns people would NOT "find other ways to do what they want to do." I have also never seen an "anti-gun" person claim that people "commit crazy acts because guns exist." 

It is a simple, undeniable truth that there are more guns in this country than most other similar  developed countries and that there are more gun deaths.  You do with that fact as you see fit . .  . or keep playing with the made up arguments you seem to like.

yikes

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 26, 2013, 07:14:37 PM

and to think... all i wanted at that age was some stinky finger

lol, true. my how times have changed

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 26, 2013, 07:19:15 PM

Vin, you just don't realize how transparent you are. That's the real issue here. You can act as if you don't believe guns CAUSE the violence, but by overreacting to a few nutjobs, that's exactly what you believe whether you're ready to admit it or not.

It's "a simple undeniable truth" that the war on drugs has gone on for over 40 years. There's nothing you can say that will convince me that a war on guns would turn out any differently.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 26, 2013, 07:25:18 PM

Vin, you just don't realize how transparent you are. That's the real issue here. You can act as if you don't believe guns CAUSE the violence, but by overreacting to a few nutjobs, that's exactly what you believe whether you're ready to admit it or not.

Lol, dont expect me to argue against your strawmen, but at least thank you for acknowledging that you are arguing against your own BS.

Have to say its really funny to see someone type a false claim and then later say well my false claim is true even if you dont admit it . . .  . wow

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 26, 2013, 07:29:57 PM

We both know it's not a false claim. You loons just don't understand how obvious you make it.

Stricter gun laws would bring the number of guns in this country down to the levels of coke, heroin, pot, or any other illegal drug. Sign me up, we have violence to stop.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 26, 2013, 07:57:51 PM

We both know it's not a false claim. You loons just don't understand how obvious you make it.

"You believe what I say you believe . . . and I am going to argue against what I say you believe . . .  and call YOU  a loon in the process"

ROFLMAO

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 26, 2013, 08:03:30 PM

The alternative is that you actually believe stricter gun laws would do anything at all. Yes, you're in a lose lose situation, lacking a spine frequently leads to that.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 26, 2013, 08:18:26 PM

The alternative is that you actually believe stricter gun laws would do anything at all. Yes, you're in a lose lose situation, lacking a spine frequently leads to that.

This thread is hilarious. You create a fiction, argue against the fiction, tell others they believe the fiction even when they say they do not, continue to argue against the fiction anyway . . . all while calling others crazy cowards for not accepting your fiction.

you're a great representative for the pro-gun point of view.  you have my vote that's for sure. don't go changing . . 

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 26, 2013, 08:28:39 PM

Banning a manufactured object will not have the same results as banning something that can be grown, or made in someone's basement or backyard.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kid arrested for planning to bomb school « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools