Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kid arrested for planning to bomb school « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 27, 2013, 01:16:25 PM

LOL at this argument :  If you cant stop ALL killing then there should be NO restriction on guns . . .  . . ugh. . . . with that kind of thought process its no wonder we allow UNFETTERED ACCESS to guns at a cost of 30,000 plus lives PER YEAR.

Fear takes a funny toll on some . . .

Btw, if anyone wants to buy an AK-47 with 500 rounds, its right here. No background check required, no age restriction, no license necessary . . . . nothing

https://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=304253

Dont like an Ak-47?  Here's an AR-15 with 300 rounds, again no background check, no age restriction, no license, nada, zip, zilch

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1597113/harrisburg-pennsylvania-rifles-for-sale--ar-15

Are you aware of the fact that if more restrictive gun laws are passed, even more gun transactions will take place in this manner? You know, that thing called the black market. Background checks and the collection of personal information aren't quite how that system works. But by all means, keep on pretending criminals will pay attention to any laws that are changed. I wouldn't want to ruin that fantasy for ya.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 27, 2013, 01:17:59 PM

LOL at this argument :  If you cant stop ALL killing then there should be NO restriction on guns . . .  . . ugh. . . . with that kind of thought process its no wonder we allow UNFETTERED ACCESS to guns at a cost of 30,000 plus lives PER YEAR.

Fear takes a funny toll on some . . .

Btw, if anyone wants to buy an AK-47 with 500 rounds, its right here. No background check required, no age restriction, no license necessary . . . . nothing

https://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=304253

Dont like an Ak-47?  Here's an AR-15 with 300 rounds, again no background check, no age restriction, no license, nada, zip, zilch

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1597113/harrisburg-pennsylvania-rifles-for-sale--ar-15

Are you aware of the fact that if more restrictive gun laws are passed, even more gun transactions will take place in this manner? You know, that thing called the black market. Background checks and the collection of personal information aren't quite how that system works. But by all means, keep on pretending criminals will pay attention to any laws that are changed. I wouldn't want to ruin that fantasy for ya.

you only speak strawman, very amusing

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 27, 2013, 01:26:09 PM

If you're too naive to realize that passing more restrictive laws will just force people to look for ways around those laws, as HUMANS HAVE DONE THROUGHOUT THE HISTORY OF MANKIND, then that's your problem. The fact is, you can't offer a rebuttal because you know it's true..so instead you attempt to discredit the argument with that world class humor you're known for.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 27, 2013, 01:32:21 PM

Applying "gun logic" to everyday life, Wayne Lapierre, head of the NRA, today started a new initiative to get Congress to repeal ALL public health laws in the United States.  Speaking at the "**CENSORED** Sandy Hook Convention,"  Lapierre stated, " what's wrong with this country is that some people actually want to take measures to reduce preventable death in the United States."  He continued, "as any gun owner will explain to you simple 'gun logic' dictates that NO LAWS should be passed in  the name of Public Health to try to reduce preventable death because people will just die some other way." 

Lapieere and the NRA are preparing to lobby Congress to repeal all Public Health laws designed to prevent death beginning with a repeal of all cigarette taxes and anti-tobacco initiatives, to abolishing the FDA and any laws on packaging of food designed to impact the country's obesity epidemic. Next will be to repeal all laws requiring safety containers for toxins or safety barriers around pools and, of course, stripping all cars of seat belts and air bags.

Mr. LaPierre concluded his comments at the FSH convention with this simple comment on "gun logic" and how it should be applied across the entire spectrum of Public Health:

"As anyone who reads the Cove message board can tell you, the world is a better place if we simply cease all efforts to prevent death because if a law doesn't prevent ALL death its of no value whatsoever. People whose lives are saved by seatbelts and air bags will just get killed by lightning . . .  the United States should be a land of UNFETTERED ACCESS to everything . . .  people should be free to ingest poison without restriction . .  kids should be free to walk into swimming pools and drown . .  unfettered access is the key . . . simple 'gun logic' says so."

ROFLMAO  -- some of you should be embarrassed that you have let FEAR lead you to such a bad place.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Coburn1

Starter

#34 : May 27, 2013, 02:47:55 PM

Not only that but he seems to be suggesting that since some people are determined enough to jump through some hoops to get a gun anyways we should just make it easier for everybody. How many people does it have to stop? So if we only stop 500 people that could potentially be dangerous from getting a weapon it's not worth it? 200? 100? 50? There may be some truth to when someone is determined and takes time to plot a premeditated strike they can arrange for a weapon, however when everyone in texas is carrying a weapon all it takes is for someone arguably ordinary to have a really bad day and someone is dead. Maybe a bad breakup. Or in a fit of rage someone can pick up a weapon that same day that didn't own one. You ever think that if they had to jump through those hoops some of the passion crimes would go down? That maybe they would think twice?

One thing most Canadians agree on up here is that there is way too loose of control on guns down there. There is of course some people that always sling mud at America for whatever reason, but this is one that seems to be universal and that I happen to agree with.

PS: About the drugs thing... so because it's difficult to stop drugs completely we should just give up? Seems like a pretty poor approach to it.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 27, 2013, 02:57:37 PM

Not only that but he seems to be suggesting that since some people are determined enough to jump through some hoops to get a gun anyways we should just make it easier for everybody. How many people does it have to stop? So if we only stop 500 people that could potentially be dangerous from getting a weapon it's not worth it? 200? 100? 50? There may be some truth to when someone is determined and takes time to plot a premeditated strike they can arrange for a weapon, however when everyone in texas is carrying a weapon all it takes is for someone arguably ordinary to have a really bad day and someone is dead. Maybe a bad breakup. Or in a fit of rage someone can pick up a weapon that same day that didn't own one. You ever think that if they had to jump through those hoops some of the passion crimes would go down? That maybe they would think twice?

One thing most Canadians agree on up here is that there is way too loose of control on guns down there. There is of course some people that always sling mud at America for whatever reason, but this is one that seems to be universal and that I happen to agree with.

PS: About the drugs thing... so because it's difficult to stop drugs completely we should just give up? Seems like a pretty poor approach to it.

Simple undeniable logic . .  .well stated

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 27, 2013, 03:30:22 PM

It's not just about criminals getting guns anyway, it's also about law abiding citizens who protect themselves against criminals. You mention stopping a few hundred people from getting guns and calling it worth it, well how about a few hundred people getting killed because criminals decided to "jump through hoops" to get guns, while their victims didn't bother. It goes both ways. There WILL be innocent people that die if stricter gun laws are passed, that's just a fact. Yes we're not talking about banning all guns, yet, but it will get there...no doubt about that. That's the problem with cowards like Vin, they convince themselves they're in favor of the right thing, failing to look down the road to see where it could lead.

Regarding drugs, are you serious? Difficult to stop drugs completely? There are more drugs now than ever before. Anyone can get any drug anywhere and at any time. The war on drugs hasn't slowed down drug use and distribution, it created a monster far worse than what existed before it began. This is the result of "cracking down" on something that in reality nobody can control. It leads to money hungry criminals taking things into their own hands, and it starts to spread like wildfire. The end result of stricter gun laws has already been shown to us, unfortunately Americans just happen to be the dumbest collection of people the world has ever known.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 27, 2013, 03:36:56 PM

Yes we're not talking about banning all guns, yet, but it will get there...no doubt about that. That's the problem with cowards like Vin, they convince themselves they're in favor of the right thing, failing to look down the road to see where it could lead.

A guy calling me a coward while ADMITTING his position is dictated by fear, fear that any restriction will lead to a ban.... that's rich ... lol

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 27, 2013, 03:42:12 PM

Four year olds are taught in kindergarten to identify the object that DOES NOT fit in with the group.  Here's the group of top preventable deaths in the US:

Smoking
Obesity
Alcohol
Infectious diseases
Toxins
medical errors
traffic collisions
firearms
STDs
Drugs

"Are You Smarter Than a Four Year Old" question:  which object DOES NOT fit in the group?

(hint: there's only one that some people say we should take no measures to reduce -lol)[/i

: May 27, 2013, 03:47:18 PM VinBucFan

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 27, 2013, 03:52:22 PM

The top preventable killers of children are auto accidents and drowning. "Gun logic" says we do away with baby seats and pool security fences because neither is working perfectly and obviously a child that does not drown or that is not killed in a car accident could just die some other way.

(FEAR is a powerful emotion.Proof of how strong a grip fear has on some folks is that a ridiculous statement like the "gun logic" above falls on deaf ears. "The government will come take me away,"  "only the criminals will have guns," "they really want to take away all my guns."  Lots of fear for Wayne to play on.)
: May 27, 2013, 03:57:53 PM VinBucFan

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 27, 2013, 04:48:00 PM

Yes we're not talking about banning all guns, yet, but it will get there...no doubt about that. That's the problem with cowards like Vin, they convince themselves they're in favor of the right thing, failing to look down the road to see where it could lead.

A guy calling me a coward while ADMITTING his position is dictated by fear, fear that any restriction will lead to a ban.... that's rich ... lol

Wrong again champ. As I've said all along, I'm against gun restrictions because they are pointless. There are, however, other issues that come along with it that would also be detrimental, the eventual banning of all firearms is just one of those issues. Are you ever right?

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#41 : May 27, 2013, 04:51:01 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/09/justice/texas-college-stabbing

14 people were injured in that attack.   NOBODY died.  I will take on a guy with a knife any day over a guy with a gun.

simple logic . .  . that some are afraid of.

Are you going to take on a bomb hidden in a garbage can? I guess if you're Neo.

2010 homicide stats in the USA

80.9 percent of homicides were from firearms.

13.3 percent of homicides were done with knives or other cutting instruments.

5.8 percent of homicides were from the use of hands, fists, feet, bombs, other objects, etc.

Half of all juveniles murdered in 2010 were killed with a firearm

More children under five years old died from firearms in 2010 compared to law enforcement officers killed by firearms in the line of duty

Every day in the U.S., an average of 289 people are shot. Eighty-six of them die: 30 are murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die accidentally, and one is shot in a police intervention.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 27, 2013, 05:04:18 PM

Wrong again champ. As I've said all along, I'm against gun restrictions because they are pointless. There are, however, other issues that come along with it that would also be detrimental, the eventual banning of all firearms is just one of those issues. Are you ever right?

lol -- Someone typing one thing and then denying it moments later. . . .   as if people cannot read... "priceless" Cove trick.

Escobar, you realize if I was to pretend to be you for a moment, I would tell you that I know better than you what you believe and then call you a coward for failing to admit the obvious. lol
: May 27, 2013, 05:06:47 PM VinBucFan

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 27, 2013, 05:44:33 PM

At some point you're going to realize you're borderline retarded. Not sure when that's going to take place, but I assume eventually it will. There are common themes to your arguments, you should spend some time going over them.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 27, 2013, 05:48:07 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/09/justice/texas-college-stabbing

14 people were injured in that attack.   NOBODY died.  I will take on a guy with a knife any day over a guy with a gun.

simple logic . .  . that some are afraid of.

Are you going to take on a bomb hidden in a garbage can? I guess if you're Neo.

2010 homicide stats in the USA

80.9 percent of homicides were from firearms.

13.3 percent of homicides were done with knives or other cutting instruments.

5.8 percent of homicides were from the use of hands, fists, feet, bombs, other objects, etc.

Half of all juveniles murdered in 2010 were killed with a firearm

More children under five years old died from firearms in 2010 compared to law enforcement officers killed by firearms in the line of duty

Every day in the U.S., an average of 289 people are shot. Eighty-six of them die: 30 are murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die accidentally, and one is shot in a police intervention.

And zero percent of those stats will change, even if every single firearm were made illegal.

Actually, that's not true. Gun crimes would increase, I forgot to add in the deaths that would result from gun lords fighting each other over territory, just as drug lords do. Oh, and innocent people being killed because they don't have weapons to defend themselves against criminals who will still possess weapons would increase as well, so there's that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kid arrested for planning to bomb school « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools