Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the market about to have a monumental crash? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#45 : June 13, 2013, 12:19:14 PM

There will be a correction but its just am opportunity if you're thinking long term like you should

agree - agree - agree

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#46 : June 13, 2013, 11:09:52 PM

OP - don't look now but the market was up again.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#47 : June 15, 2013, 05:34:37 AM

I remember being an optimist when the stock market crashed. On the old Buccaneers board I stated that the DOW would get to 9,000 before the end of his first term. All of the Doom and gloomer/ right-wingers thought I was insane. Yeah, about that... Now that we are at the highest point the DOW has ever been, now they forecast disaster? Obviously, it can't go to infinity. There will be ups and downs, but the direction is still upward.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#48 : June 15, 2013, 08:37:17 AM

I remember you from the old board.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#49 : June 15, 2013, 01:31:05 PM

The only names I remember were Bucco 40 (I think that's how he spelled it) and UFOJoe. That was a long time ago.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#50 : June 18, 2013, 07:32:18 PM

OP - your theory doesn't seem to be holding h20....another good day at the NYSE

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#51 : June 19, 2013, 05:02:43 PM

OP - your theory doesn't seem to be holding h20....another good day at the NYSE

for what it is worth:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100827876

"Stocks accelerated their selloff in the final hour of trading to end near session lows Wednesday, after the Federal Reserve said it will maintain its bond-buying program, though Chairman Ben Bernanke hinted that the central bank plans to moderate purchases later this year"

"hint" of moderating purchases in the future = sell off

not really that complicated

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#52 : June 19, 2013, 05:04:19 PM

200 points here or there - no big deal......OP said a crash (50+% drop).

Waiting for to happen.

Not that complicated.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#53 : June 19, 2013, 05:05:40 PM

Waiting for to happen.

Not that complicated.

I didnt say crash but you're sort of splitting hairs with the OP . . . . your choice

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#54 : June 19, 2013, 05:06:21 PM

Waiting for to happen.

Not that complicated.

I didnt say crash but you're sort of splitting hairs with the OP . . . . your choice

I'd hope you'd read the thread title before posting in it.

Not that complicated.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#55 : June 19, 2013, 05:07:44 PM

Waiting for to happen.

Not that complicated.

I'd hope you'd read the thread title before posting in it.

Not that complicated.

You mean . .  and noticed the question mark?  ::)

This was the orginal post:

Some have posted a rosy picture of the stock markets meteoric rise to new highs.  S&P is at record levels..  There have been many market analysts that have stated rather openly that it is fools gold and that the treasury is printing 10 billion dollars repeatedly to prop up the market.  Well it seems that several billionaires are starting to bail...

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/billionaires-dump-economist-stock/2012/08/29/id/450265?PROMO_CODE=110D8-1&utm_source=taboola

Seasonally stocks fall between now and August but this one may be an absolutely huge correction IMHO...  stay tuned...

I added the emphasis

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#56 : June 19, 2013, 05:09:07 PM

I am guessing a caustic post followed by a quick delete?

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#57 : June 20, 2013, 02:29:07 AM

I knew nothing about stocks in 09, all I had was an intelligent older brother, more faith in the President than most others around me, and $900 to gamble. I tripled up in 4 months. I am actually ashamed of it though, I feel like it is not honorable to make thousands of dollars by clicking a button. Real work, real money, has been the motto I've lived by since.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#58 : June 20, 2013, 06:18:31 AM

I knew nothing about stocks in 09, all I had was an intelligent older brother, more faith in the President than most others around me, and $900 to gamble. I tripled up in 4 months. I am actually ashamed of it though, I feel like it is not honorable to make thousands of dollars by clicking a button. Real work, real money, has been the motto I've lived by since.

if you feel that guilty, you can donate the money to my favorite charity:

me

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#59 : June 20, 2013, 09:38:19 AM

"Emerging markets, many of which have been primed by the cheap Fed cash, saw some of the biggest selling as investors rushed to the exits.

MSCI's benchmark index for emerging equities .MSCIEF slumped more than 3.3 percent and shares across the Asian Pacific region outside Japan .MIAPJ0000PUS recorded their biggest daily drop since late 2011.

World stocks in general .MIWD00000PUS saw the largest one-day drop for 12 months, falling 1.85 percent with U.S. stock futures pointing to further losses when Wall Street opens .N.

Among other unwanted milestones, gold and silver tumbled to near a three-year lows while South African 10-year bond yields posted their biggest one-day rise in a decade.

The initial catalyst for the selloff was Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's surprisingly strong commitment to end the central bank's asset buying by the middle of 2014. That sent 10-year U.S. Treasury note yields to 15-month highs."
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the market about to have a monumental crash? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools