Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the market about to have a monumental crash? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#60 : June 20, 2013, 02:10:12 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-futures-drop-wake-feds-114830598.html

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#61 : June 20, 2013, 02:15:01 PM

"Stocks fell around the world on Thursday, with the Dow losing over 1 percent after sharp drops in Europe and Asia, triggered by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke hinting the U.S. central bank may scale back its asset purchases this year.

As of 12:45 pm EDT, the Dow selloff alone had wiped out about $123.8 billion of investors' capital since Bernanke's comments on Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/fed-slowdown-sign-sparks-global-stock-slump-dow-drops-200-6C10390725

jbear

Pro Bowler

#62 : June 20, 2013, 04:06:51 PM

DOW down 353.80 today after a big loss yesterday.  I'm not going to go all doom and gloom but I've been really worried about quantitative easing and its long term effects for some time.  I think we place too much faith in people like Bernake to be able to micromanage something we don't have computers powerful enough to handle.  Truth is these guys are guessing when they do these things.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#63 : June 20, 2013, 04:21:31 PM

Worst of all there is no safe haven because bonds are in the tank because of the Fed.  So now we've propped up the economy with smoke and mirrors and haven't left us anywhere to go.  there is no room. Rates are going up which just might plop us right back down into a recession or worse. 

The Fed was created almost exactly 100 years ago in large part as an attempt to create economic stability but In the last 100 years they've failed miserably and with every failure convince our government that what they needed was more power and that the next time they'd do it differently.  The only thing the Fed is good for is delaying natural corrections, which create, large and more devastating bubbles. Did the bail out of the banks the last time just set up the next bubble?  Time will tell.

: June 20, 2013, 04:23:37 PM jbear

jbear

Pro Bowler

#64 : June 20, 2013, 05:10:25 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/larry-meyers-says-obama-fired-bernanke-2013-6?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+clusterstock+%28ClusterStock%29

Does Obama know something we don't?  Scapegoat prepped. check.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#65 : June 20, 2013, 05:40:24 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2013/06/18/all-eyes-are-on-the-federal-reserve-and-thats-the-problem/

Dangit.  Crazy uncle Ron strikes again.  Worse yet, his ideas are almost getting to be mainstream. We're doomed.
: June 20, 2013, 05:51:51 PM jbear

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#66 : June 20, 2013, 06:43:50 PM

loving these discounted prices ------buying opportunity, boys.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#67 : June 20, 2013, 07:31:22 PM

"Stocks fell around the world on Thursday, with the Dow losing over 1 percent after sharp drops in Europe and Asia, triggered by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke hinting the U.S. central bank may scale back its asset purchases this year.

As of 12:45 pm EDT, the Dow selloff alone had wiped out about $123.8 billion of investors' capital since Bernanke's comments on Wednesday afternoon.

Markets up 12% YTD....you scurred?

jbear

Pro Bowler

#68 : June 20, 2013, 08:35:16 PM

loving these discounted prices ------buying opportunity, boys.

I'll bet you a trillion dollars someone besides me can remember you being on the other side of this argument when the bad guys were in charge.  Pro market morgan for 4 years six months and 20 days.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#69 : June 20, 2013, 08:43:16 PM

Markets up 12% YTD....you scurred?

I posted on that topic already

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#70 : June 23, 2013, 02:59:44 PM

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/stocks-face-more-hurdles-after-fed-statement-6C10424003

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#71 : June 23, 2013, 03:28:18 PM

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/stocks-face-more-hurdles-after-fed-statement-6C10424003

don't see the word "crash" anywhere in the article...

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#72 : June 23, 2013, 03:44:44 PM

don't see the word "crash" anywhere in the article...

Or a "?" . .  . . . as in "Re: Is the market about to have a monumental crash?  ... lol

but that wasn't why I posted the article. I just posted it because its a good write up on whether we are currently at a buying opportunity. Money to be made whether one calls it a "correction" or "crash" . . I am a long-term value guy, not a day trader

jbear

Pro Bowler

#73 : June 24, 2013, 01:25:25 PM

OP - your theory doesn't seem to be holding h20....another good day at the NYSE

??? you're such a jokester. 

Possible debt crisis in China today. Possibly huge financial news.  There has been quite a  bit of bad news recently, not to mention that more than a few pundits seem to be much more willing to criticize the heavy handed actions of the fed.  At this point there are even a fair number of economists worried about the massive amounts of world debt and some who even question the long term effects of massive, worldwide government bailouts in the form of quantitative easing.  Nothing on the scale we've seen has ever been attempted and not everyone is wearing rose colored glasses. 

At this point it isn't that difficult to see the possibility of a big downturn.  Something crazy like a Chinese banking crisis at the moment that the fed finally tries to pull back and let the markets work naturally.  The fed has kept the rates artificially low for so long that any additional "help" as the fed likes to call it is impossible save more rounds of money creation which many argue is also a long term detriment to the economy.  Obviously it cant go on forever. 

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#74 : June 24, 2013, 04:21:18 PM

"...effing Nancys will be on here posting "I told you so".

Like you are right now, you mean?
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the market about to have a monumental crash? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools