Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the market about to have a monumental crash? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Runole

Hall of Famer
: May 26, 2013, 08:40:38 PM

Some have posted a rosy picture of the stock markets meteoric rise to new highs.  S&P is at record levels..  There have been many market analysts that have stated rather openly that it is fools gold and that the treasury is printing 10 billion dollars repeatedly to prop up the market.  Well it seems that several billionaires are starting to bail...

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/billionaires-dump-economist-stock/2012/08/29/id/450265?PROMO_CODE=110D8-1&utm_source=taboola

Seasonally stocks fall between now and August but this one may be an absolutely huge correction IMHO...  stay tuned...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : May 27, 2013, 06:37:56 AM

Robert Wiedemer. 'Nuff said.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 27, 2013, 09:40:48 AM

Robert Wiedemer. 'Nuff said.

I bet he said the exact same things in March of 2000, October of 2007 ....  lol   Of course he knows so much more than those billionaires that are selling off?     Aren't you the same guy claiming those that bought Gold expecting it to continue to rise in value were wrong?  How is this any different?  Do you really think the current stock markets rise really is a measure of how well everyone is off economically?  We can revisit this topic at the end of the Summer and compare notes!  :)

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 27, 2013, 09:50:04 AM

We can revisit this topic at the end of the Summer and compare notes!  :)

Better yet, go back to 2009 and search for some of those threads when you doom-and-gloomer, Glen Beck-wannabees were predicting an economic apocalypse.

What happened?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 27, 2013, 09:56:34 AM

Better yet, go back to 2009 and search for some of those threads when you doom-and-gloomer, Glen Beck-wannabees were predicting an economic apocalypse.

What happened?

The Fed began propping up the market by printing money and buying.    Interesting plan wonder how long that will work?

have already pointed out the past I am more interested in the future.

As to 2009 the damage had been done..  Finally the downturn had ended even though it has been artificially raised since then by the fed.
: May 27, 2013, 10:00:02 AM Runole

DejaVu

Starter

#5 : May 27, 2013, 09:59:52 AM

The market being so high right now is a complete joke.   Just look around.   Companies are not doing well, how the hell can their stock be up?   I have pulled all of my money out of the stock market.   I think it's in for a huge crash.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 27, 2013, 11:07:41 AM

What happened?

The Fed started printing money and mortgaging your children's future even more than it already is.

I don't buy into the doom and gloom, a correction is just a long-term buy opportunity, but the premise of the article is that some investors are bailing because the fundamentals are not there to support the market (i.e. that the run up is solely the result of the Fed)

Runole

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 27, 2013, 11:55:40 AM

What happened?

The Fed started printing money and mortgaging your children's future even more than it already is.

I don't buy into the doom and gloom, a correction is just a long-term buy opportunity, but the premise of the article is that some investors are bailing because the fundamentals are not there to support the market (i.e. that the run up is solely the result of the Fed)

Correct... 

spartan

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 27, 2013, 08:06:45 PM

I have said this before in other threads but I think the current stock boom is due to the fact that nobody wants to put their money anywhere else. They don't want to expand business because of the plethora of new rules, regulations, taxes and laws in the pipelines, and people generally don't have enough confidence for expansion. Add on to that that the Feds are printing money for fun and the end result is that there is nowhere else for it to go. It looks good for our 401K's or now, but like some, the wife and I are pulling money OUT of our 401K contributions. I see a "correction" on the horizon.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 28, 2013, 07:29:41 AM

Corrections are ALWAYS going to happen. They always do. And when the next one occurs, you doom n' gloomers will be the first ones to say "I told you so".

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 28, 2013, 11:27:41 AM

But not today: DJIA +183. 

House of cards hasn't fallen down yet.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 28, 2013, 11:31:15 AM

lol

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 28, 2013, 12:12:59 PM

lol

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 28, 2013, 12:28:27 PM

lol

not a stalker? 

:-[

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 28, 2013, 03:18:22 PM

The market being so high right now is a complete joke.   Just look around.   Companies are not doing well, how the hell can their stock be up?  I have pulled all of my money out of the stock market.   I think it's in for a huge crash.

Too bad. You've missed out on a very good market upturn.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the market about to have a monumental crash? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools