Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bloomberg and Obama target of terrorism « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: May 30, 2013, 05:15:10 PM

Ricin-laced letter, threats - sounds like it came from a gun nut (rightwingnutjob, no doubt).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/30/bloomberg-guns-ricin/2372183/

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 30, 2013, 07:05:33 PM

Fear does strange things

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#2 : May 30, 2013, 08:30:31 PM

Ricin-laced letter, threats - sounds like it came from a gun nut (rightwingnutjob, no doubt).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/30/bloomberg-guns-ricin/2372183/
:-X
Man why would anyone want to harm those 2 wonderful outstanding politicians ?

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#3 : May 30, 2013, 08:31:26 PM

And Morgan I hope your statement was pure sarcasm .

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 30, 2013, 08:36:48 PM

They are going to raid your homes and take all your guns!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 30, 2013, 10:54:12 PM

Just another attempt by the current administration to divert attention from the current embarrassing issues.  They really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel trying to play the victim card.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 31, 2013, 06:27:46 AM

Just another attempt by the current administration to divert attention from the current embarrassing issues.  They really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel trying to play the victim card.

Yeah, they sent Ricin laced letters to themselves and Bloomberg. The lengths they will go to .....

spartan

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 31, 2013, 12:21:16 PM

That will never happen because the Govt is not a huge overpowering behemoth that never abuses it power. Oh wait ......

Then California passes a law where you pretty much have to register all semi automatic rifles and ammo purchases. Nope, nothing to see here, move along .....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 31, 2013, 12:23:36 PM

Yeah, they sent Ricin laced letters to themselves and Bloomberg. The lengths they will go to .....

Pretty pathetic, wouldn't you say?

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 31, 2013, 12:37:06 PM

That comment questions your point.....

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 31, 2013, 12:50:39 PM

My point was only that the barrier to any meaningful public health consideration on gun safety is an irrational (in my view) fear, what many refer to as the "slippery slope" argument. "If I give an inch, the government will take a mile." 

I understand the fear and am for small, unobtrusive government, but  I think  the fear it is greatly overblown in a modern society with essentially no gun restrictions (i.e., anyone can buy a gun without a background check online or from a friend) and with a Supreme Court recently confirming the right to bear arms.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 31, 2013, 01:31:28 PM

My point was only that the barrier to any meaningful public health consideration on gun safety is an irrational (in my view) fear, what many refer to as the "slippery slope" argument. "If I give an inch, the government will take a mile." 

I understand the fear and am for small, unobtrusive government, but  I think  the fear it is greatly overblown in a modern society with essentially no gun restrictions (i.e., anyone can buy a gun without a background check online or from a friend) and with a Supreme Court recently confirming the right to bear arms.

Vin, I'm thinking the events of the last few weeks suggest now is not the time to put forward the benign Govt argument.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#12 : May 31, 2013, 01:34:49 PM

Obama target of terrorism

forgot to add:

FOX NEWS CELEBRATING.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 31, 2013, 01:38:14 PM

You should arm yourself.........

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 31, 2013, 01:47:33 PM

Vin, I'm thinking the events of the last few weeks suggest now is not the time to put forward the benign Govt argument.

case and point ^^

political stupidity does NOT equal home invasion by Obama's jack-booted thugs BUT even if it did that is still not a reason to resist every reasonable measure to reduce gun violence.  Your 8 hand guns and 4 rifles are not enough to keep you safe against a US government that wants to take you away.

I respect your right to own a gun (more than you know), but not to the point of living in a society where anyone can buy a gun at any time, which is our current status.  May not matter to some, but a very conservatiive US Supreme Court agrees.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bloomberg and Obama target of terrorism « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools